• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Urban Meyer didn't lie.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you don't know of any actual DV beyond the 2009 incident?
There were what, 9 police calls since 2009? If that was a player, they'd have been kicked off on the 2nd one.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were what, 9 police calls since 2009? If that was a player, they'd have been kicked off on the 2nd one.

So, when you said there were "multiple known instances of domestic abuse," you meant just one.

You write funny.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, when you said there were "multiple known instances of domestic abuse," you meant just one.

You write funny.
Urban Meyer and Zach Smith: A timeline of key events in abuse scandal

June 21, 2009: Police in Gainesville, Fla., arrest Zach Smith on suspicion of aggravated battery against his wife, who was pregnant at the time. Courtney Smith said in a 2018 interview with Stadium that her husband grabbed her by the neck and pushed her against a wall during an early-morning argument. McMurphy reported police found Zach Smith to be the primary aggressor. The charge was later dropped because of insufficient evidence. Courtney Smith told Stadium that Bruce, Zach Smith's mother and the attorney representing her husband all pressured her to drop the charge.

2012: Meyer hires Zach Smith to be his wide receivers at Ohio State coach shortly after taking the head coaching job there.

June 6, 2015: Zach Smith and his wife separate.

Oct. 25-26, 2015: Courtney Smith calls police in Powell, Ohio, outside Columbus, and then visits the police department in person after another incident with her then-estranged husband. Courtney Smith alleges Zach Smith refused to return their son after a parental visit. She also claims that he had abused her on multiple occasions. No charges were filed. Courtney Smith told Stadium the incident "was the last time (Zach Smith) ever laid his hands on me." As part of the video interview, Stadium posted photographs Courtney Smith took in 2014 that appeared to show injuries to her arm and neck.

Nov. 9-12, 2015: Powell police investigate a claim by Courtney Smith of menacing by stalking by Zach Smith. No charges are filed, but Zach Smith is issued a restraining order on Nov. 10. Courtney Smith files for divorce two days later.

Dec. 19, 2017: Zach Smith is given criminal trespass warning after reportedly making "harassment/threats" at 1:30 a.m. on Dec. 17. McMurphy reported he tried to enter Courtney Smith's residence. No files were charged.

May 12, 2018: Powell police cite Zach Smith with misdemeanor criminal trespass after a dispute with his wife. The two argued over where Zach Smith should have dropped off his son. McMurphy reported Smith's driving into the driveway of his ex-wife's apartment violated the 2015 warning.

July 18, 2018: Zach Smith appears in Delaware County Municipal Court for a pretrial hearing related to the May trespass charge. Court records show Smith pleaded not guilty to the charge on June 5.

July 20, 2018: Courtney Smith is granted an order of protection against her ex-husband that prohibits him from getting within 500 feet of her. The protective order was filed in Delaware County after she claimed she feared for her safety.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer and Zach Smith: A timeline of key events in abuse scandal

June 21, 2009: Police in Gainesville, Fla., arrest Zach Smith on suspicion of aggravated battery against his wife, who was pregnant at the time. Courtney Smith said in a 2018 interview with Stadium that her husband grabbed her by the neck and pushed her against a wall during an early-morning argument. McMurphy reported police found Zach Smith to be the primary aggressor. The charge was later dropped because of insufficient evidence. Courtney Smith told Stadium that Bruce, Zach Smith's mother and the attorney representing her husband all pressured her to drop the charge.

2012: Meyer hires Zach Smith to be his wide receivers at Ohio State coach shortly after taking the head coaching job there.

June 6, 2015: Zach Smith and his wife separate.

Oct. 25-26, 2015: Courtney Smith calls police in Powell, Ohio, outside Columbus, and then visits the police department in person after another incident with her then-estranged husband. Courtney Smith alleges Zach Smith refused to return their son after a parental visit. She also claims that he had abused her on multiple occasions. No charges were filed. Courtney Smith told Stadium the incident "was the last time (Zach Smith) ever laid his hands on me." As part of the video interview, Stadium posted photographs Courtney Smith took in 2014 that appeared to show injuries to her arm and neck.

Nov. 9-12, 2015: Powell police investigate a claim by Courtney Smith of menacing by stalking by Zach Smith. No charges are filed, but Zach Smith is issued a restraining order on Nov. 10. Courtney Smith files for divorce two days later.

Dec. 19, 2017: Zach Smith is given criminal trespass warning after reportedly making "harassment/threats" at 1:30 a.m. on Dec. 17. McMurphy reported he tried to enter Courtney Smith's residence. No files were charged.

May 12, 2018: Powell police cite Zach Smith with misdemeanor criminal trespass after a dispute with his wife. The two argued over where Zach Smith should have dropped off his son. McMurphy reported Smith's driving into the driveway of his ex-wife's apartment violated the 2015 warning.

July 18, 2018: Zach Smith appears in Delaware County Municipal Court for a pretrial hearing related to the May trespass charge. Court records show Smith pleaded not guilty to the charge on June 5.

July 20, 2018: Courtney Smith is granted an order of protection against her ex-husband that prohibits him from getting within 500 feet of her. The protective order was filed in Delaware County after she claimed she feared for her safety.

That's a whole lot of copy and paste just to prove that when you said there were "multiple known instances of domestic abuse," you meant just one.

What a weird thing to do.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a whole lot of copy and paste just to prove that when you said there were "multiple known instances of domestic abuse," you meant just one.

What a weird thing to do.
You're suggesting one can't abuse their wife without being charged with it? Insufficient evidence to charge is not the same thing here. " She also claims that he had abused her on multiple occasions."

The only reason not to believe that is if you're an Urban Meyer creep supporter. More importantly, Urban kept a guy with a restraining order on his staff. And then lied about it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right — definitely not scarlet colored glasses, as you list every excuse for the charges. He was barely drunk (he was over the legal limit), the Coke wasn’t his (It just so happened to be under his seat IN THE PATROL CAR), Hyde ‘flipped her off’ even though I gave you slow motion video.

I’ve literally said repeatedly I don’t think Urban Meyer should be fired. If I were wearing Maize colored glasses — it’s be the last thing I’d be saying.

Meyer is a great coach, but no one is EVER going to confuse him as a disciplinarian.
How are they excuses when they're 100% the truth? Disorderly conduct and failure to comply are not charges that 100% require dismissal.

.08 is an arbitrary number and JT was barely over it, stop acting like he was wasted and swerving in traffic. Hell the only reason he was pulled over was because he turned down a street when a sobriety checkpoint was ahead. He didn't swerve, hit anyone, nothing. He turned down a street. That doesn't warrant automatic dismissal.

Why do you keep bringing up the phrase "slow motion video" as if it somehow makes you not wrong? He wasn't guilty of any crime and was suspended for 3 games. That is going over the top as a disciplinarian, no questions asked.

You're undoubtedly wearing maize colored glasses when you criticize Urban's ability to discipline his players (which has been strict since being at OSU) when your own coach has a convicted felon on his team who only served a 2-game suspension. Hyde (who's exponentially better than Perry and more integral) was given a stiffer punishment for being proven innocent of the charge Perry admitted guilt to. Again, you're nothing more than a hypocrite right now.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're suggesting one can't abuse their wife without being charged with it? Insufficient evidence to charge is not the same thing here. " She also claims that he had abused her on multiple occasions."

The only reason not to believe that is if you're an Urban Meyer creep supporter. More importantly, Urban kept a guy with a restraining order on his staff. And then lied about it.

Dipshit.

All I'm suggesting (stating, really) is that you said there were "multiple known instances of domestic abuse," when in fact, we only know of one.

Of course someone can abuse their spouse without charges being filed or convictions.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or perhaps the dozens of instances of her being drunk off her ass? Including coming to practices after drinking and causing scenes? Don't think maybe those might be reasons not to just automatically believe her?

How many babies have you wished cancer on today? Just curious, because you're really on your high horse of morality today.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dipshit.

All I'm suggesting (stating, really) is that you said there were "multiple known instances of domestic abuse," when in fact, we only know of one.

Of course someone can abuse their spouse without charges being filed or convictions.
No, we know of multiple -- as stated by his then ex wife. It's literally quoted that way. I'm sorry you don't believe the victim because you don't want your coach fired.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or perhaps the dozens of instances of her being drunk off her ass? Including coming to practices after drinking and causing scenes? Don't think maybe those might be reasons not to just automatically believe her?

How many babies have you wished cancer on today? Just curious, because you're really on your high horse of morality today.
Victim blame. Sure.

Zero.

I never wished cancer on kids (pulling my best Urban Meyer defense)

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we know of multiple -- as stated by his then ex wife. It's literally quoted that way. I'm sorry you don't believe the victim because you don't want your coach fired.

You have a tenuous grasp on the definition of the word known.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a tenuous grasp on the definition of the word known.
You have a victim stating it's happened multiple times. We know that this is the claim. We don't know the specifics of each claim. But it goes in line with the bat-shit crazy actions, and arrests, of your former coach.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you have any proof of all these supposed incidents other than the anonymous person who is supposedly a friend that post on an Ohio State blog?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a victim stating it's happened multiple times. We know that this is the claim. We don't know the specifics of each claim. But it goes in line with the bat-shit crazy actions, and arrests, of your former coach.

Then say "alleged," half-wit.

Words have actual definitions. You should learn them.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then say "alleged," half-wit.

Words have actual definitions. You should learn them.
I tend to believe the woman who's been beaten before and had both personal protection orders and restraining orders accepted against the person in question. Again, the only reason you're suggesting she's lying is because you're trying to protect your lying coach. Period.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victim blame. Sure.

Zero.

I never wished cancer on kids (pulling my best Urban Meyer defense)
Aww look at you just blatantly lying and making things up now. It's funny watching you feign outrage and morality when all you truly care about is giving your pathetic team a chance to compete with a vastly superior opponent finally.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww look at you just blatantly lying and making things up now. It's funny watching you feign outrage and morality when all you truly care about is giving your pathetic team a chance to compete with a vastly superior opponent finally.
I thought it was a clever joke.

Urban or no Urban, I still don't think Michigan would be favored to beat OSU. I am bias here. I hate Urban. But I'd also like to think that if my coach stood in front of a press room and lied about knowingly keeping a piece of shit on staff just to cover his ass, that I'd want him gone. Who knows, maybe I'd try and defend him -- but I would hope that I wouldn't.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to believe the woman who's been beaten before and had both personal protection orders and restraining orders accepted against the person in question. Again, the only reason you're suggesting she's lying is because you're trying to protect your lying coach. Period.

I'm not trying to protect anyone. I'm one of those crazy fucks that likes to know facts and details before I make a decision on something.

In high school, a friend of mine told me that her boyfriend had hit her. I confronted him and hit him a few times. Turns out, he'd never hit her - she was mad at him and knew that I'd go after him if she told me that.

I'd like details, and "alleged" does not mean "known."

Finally, you're extra retarded today.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is your defense of your coach who knowingly is letting a felonious woman-beater play on your team? Like, he admitted to multiple charges, including a felony along with misdemeanor assault and battery, and Harbaugh loves him! What's your defense for your actual scumbag coach?