• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So the PAC 12 has no shot at the Playoff.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to be so much fun when you don’t, if they lose. Only way it’d happen is if Auburn beat Bama something like 55-24 or something like that.

In no other world does a two loss OSU get in over a 1 loss Bama.

This goes back to the 30% chance of getting into the CFP. If an undefeated team loses, they will still have a better record than OSU and the big thing they won’t have is a 31 point L to a 5 loss Iowa team.

If Bama wins out, Miami wins outs and Oklahoma wins out — yes, OSU has a chance to get in. It’d come down to who the committee wants out of Georgia, OSU, ND. There is no lock for OSU. It isn’t win and they are in. They need help from other teams, AS I SAID.
:yawning:

If Bama loses to Auburn, they're out. If OSU wins out, they're in.

Miami only gets in if they win the ACC title. Otherwise, they're out.

Georgia isn't getting in with 2 losses and no conference title.

ND isn't getting in unless OSU loses. If OSU wins out, they're in over ND.

Are you done now?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Bama to lose to Auburn that will make the CFP so entertaining to watch. OSU fans will be screaming from the rafters if they win out and then Bama gets in with one loss (which would happen). Then everyone will point to last year and a big argument will erupt
How are you still struggling with the concept that the two situations are nothing alike? Why are you acting so stupid?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me wants tOSU in the playoff b/c I really do believe all hell will break loose b/c this will mark two years in a row the Buckeyes have no business in the playoff and school presidents and AD's will start seeking legal parameters and start suing the playoff committee. tOSU sells tickets and hotel rooms, which shouldn't be part of a team's resume, but it is. I think if they put the Buckeyes in the playoff this will expand it to 6 teams. No need to go to 8; that's too many.

Can’t go 6 — you’d be giving byes to 2 teams and forcing others to play an extra game. It will be 8 or they won’t expand it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me wants tOSU in the playoff b/c I really do believe all hell will break loose b/c this will mark two years in a row the Buckeyes have no business in the playoff and school presidents and AD's will start seeking legal parameters and start suing the playoff committee. tOSU sells tickets and hotel rooms, which shouldn't be part of a team's resume, but it is. I think if they put the Buckeyes in the playoff this will expand it to 6 teams. No need to go to 8; that's too many.
That's one of the most retarded things I've ever read in my entire life.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 8 teams makes the most sense. In nearly every year, the best team would be ranked in the top 8. It would add 1 extra game for 2 teams. They'd be good games too. At least on paper.

If it ended as it is today (I know it couldn't, but for the sake of this point):
Alabama vs Ohio State
Miami vs Georgia
Oklahoma vs Auburn
Clemson vs Wisconsin

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 8 teams makes the most sense. In nearly every year, the best team would be ranked in the top 8. It would add 1 extra game for 2 teams. They'd be good games too. At least on paper.

If it ended as it is today (I know it couldn't, but for the sake of this point):
Alabama vs Ohio State
Miami vs Georgia
Oklahoma vs Auburn
Clemson vs Wisconsin
That would be some really good matchups.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yawning:

If Bama loses to Auburn, they're out. If OSU wins out, they're in.

Miami only gets in if they win the ACC title. Otherwise, they're out.

Georgia isn't getting in with 2 losses and no conference title.

ND isn't getting in unless OSU loses. If OSU wins out, they're in over ND.

Are you done now?

This will be so much fun if Bama loses. Go back and look at your two losses and tell me again how you will get in over a 1 Alabama.

Next you will tell me you will get in over a two loss Oklahoma too.

It cracks me up all the teams you are saying are out, yet will have a better or equal record and none will have lost by 31 points to a 5 loss team.

I really don’t care who gets into the CFP — I’m just stating my thoughts and it is obvious ESPN agrees when they give OSU a 30% chance to get in. But I hope and pray Bama loses, because without a doubt they get in over a 2 loss OSU unless Auburn absolutely destroys them.

I also hope OU loses so they get in too over OSU and we can hear from OSU fans who think they are more deserving for beating Wisconsin.

I cannot wait for the next few weeks.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be so much fun if Bama loses. Go back and look at your two losses and tell me again how you will get in over a 1 Alabama.

Next you will tell me you will get in over a two loss Oklahoma too.

It cracks me up all the teams you are saying are out, yet will have a better or equal record and none will have lost by 31 points to a 5 loss team.

I really don’t care who gets into the CFP — I’m just stating my thoughts and it is obvious ESPN agrees when they give OSU a 30% chance to get in. But I hope and pray Bama loses, because without a doubt they get in over a 2 loss OSU unless Auburn absolutely destroys them.

I also hope OU loses so they get in too over OSU and we can hear from OSU fans who think they are more deserving for beating Wisconsin.

I cannot wait for the next few weeks.
I'm just telling you how it is. You used to seem like you knew how football worked but you've said so much stupid shit in this thread, I'm surprised. ESPN actually agrees with me, I posted the link that you ignored.

I've said a few times that it might not be the worst thing for OSU to not make the playoffs. I don't see us beating Bama anyhow, but it'd be cool to see them get the chance.

Thankfully the committee also knows that seasons are longer than one game. I know you've gotten off probably 10-12 times in this thread talking about that game, but please know that I'm aware of it, just as those writers are who still say we're in if we win out.

Honestly, I'd laugh my ass off if we got in and got smoked again. Fuck it. Going through that would be worth it just to see the posters on here, like you, rip their own faces off with anger.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just telling you how it is. You used to seem like you knew how football worked but you've said so much stupid shit in this thread, I'm surprised. ESPN actually agrees with me, I posted the link that you ignored.

I've said a few times that it might not be the worst thing for OSU to not make the playoffs. I don't see us beating Bama anyhow, but it'd be cool to see them get the chance.

Thankfully the committee also knows that seasons are longer than one game. I know you've gotten off probably 10-12 times in this thread talking about that game, but please know that I'm aware of it, just as those writers are who still say we're in if we win out.

Honestly, I'd laugh my ass off if we got in and got smoked again. Fuck it. Going through that would be worth it just to see the posters on here, like you, rip their own faces off with anger.

You continue to look past the fact — the win and you are in is only IF Miami wins out, Alabama wins out and OU wins out.

So yes, if Alabama beats Auburn, then beats Georgia, Oklahoma beats West Virginia and then beats TCU and Miami beats Pittsburgh and then beats Clemson, as well as Ohio State besting Michigan and then beating Wisconsin — yes, OSU has a great shot at getting in.

The reason ESPN has them at a 30% chance — because having all those things happen isn’t a foregone conclusion and almost assuredly a few will lose. When that happens — even if OSU wins out, they are guaranteed nothing, because they have two bad losses.

The fact you think OSU with the type of losses they have will get in over Bama if they lose to Auburn is funny to me. Whether they’d be deserving or not, I’d bet my life they get in over a 2 loss OSU UNLESS they lose by 3-4 td’s to Auburn.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You continue to look past the fact — the win and you are in is only IF Miami wins out, Alabama wins out and OU wins out.

So yes, if Alabama beats Auburn, then beats Georgia, Oklahoma beats West Virginia and then beats TCU and Miami beats Pittsburgh and then beats Clemson, as well as Ohio State besting Michigan and then beating Wisconsin — yes, OSU has a great shot at getting in.

The reason ESPN has them at a 30% chance — because having all those things happen isn’t a foregone conclusion and almost assuredly a few will lose. When that happens — even if OSU wins out, they are guaranteed nothing, because they have two bad losses.

The fact you think OSU with the type of losses they have will get in over Bama if they lose to Auburn is funny to me. Whether they’d be deserving or not, I’d bet my life they get in over a 2 loss OSU UNLESS they lose by 3-4 td’s to Auburn.
I didn't read your response. This is boring.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read your response. This is boring.
I never get bored being right. Read the article YOU posted. It literally says — IF Alabama, OU and Miami win out and win their respective conferences — OSU is the likely choice for the 4th CFP spot.

Says nothing about what happens if Bama loses to Auburn or Georgia, if OU loses to TCU, if Miami loses to Clemson. Why? Because it will be a huge cluster bleep.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never get bored being right. Read the article YOU posted. It literally says — IF Alabama, OU and Miami win out and win their respective conferences — OSU is the likely choice for the 4th CFP spot.

Says nothing about what happens if Bama loses to Auburn or Georgia, if OU loses to TCU, if Miami loses to Clemson. Why? Because it will be a huge cluster bleep.
If you have to rely on a bevy of upsets to happen to maybe prove your point, you aren't right. It will take some absolutely crazy shit to keep OSU out. Even if OU loses to TCU, there's no guarantee the Big 12 isn't left out based on resumes. Same with Miami. Have 1 fewer loss isn't going to trump having no conference title and only 1 ranked win.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have to rely on a bevy of upsets to happen to maybe prove your point, you aren't right. It will take some absolutely crazy shit to keep OSU out. Even if OU loses to TCU, there's no guarantee the Big 12 isn't left out based on resumes. Same with Miami. Have 1 fewer loss isn't going to trump having no conference title and only 1 ranked win.
Yet ESPN has OSU at 30% chance at making the CFP. Think about it. And there is NO CHANCE the Big 12 is left out and the B1G is in. Only scenario would be if Oklahoma loses to WVU and TCU. A 2 loss OU would get in over a 2 loss OSU when you literally played each other and it was at OSU.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit does every thread have to devolve into a B1G slapfight?

Get a room fuckos.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama vs Ohio State
Miami vs Georgia
Oklahoma vs Auburn
Clemson vs Wisconsin

8 would be nice. Take the 5 conference champions and then the next three highest ranked teams after that based off computer systems, and human rankings.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet ESPN has OSU at 30% chance at making the CFP. Think about it. And there is NO CHANCE the Big 12 is left out and the B1G is in. Only scenario would be if Oklahoma loses to WVU and TCU. A 2 loss OU would get in over a 2 loss OSU when you literally played each other and it was at OSU.
30% chance of winning out and making the playoff, which is fair. Again, the question wasn't "what's their chance to make it if they win out". It was "what's their chance to make it right now on this Saturday". If OU loses and doesn't win the Big 12, no, they don't make it. Same thing last year - if OSU had lost to michigan and had 2 losses (just as Oklahoma did), Oklahoma would've been ranked ahead of OSU in the final CFP rankings, and we beat them FAR worse than they beat us this year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30% chance of winning out and making the playoff, which is fair. Again, the question wasn't "what's their chance to make it if they win out". It was "what's their chance to make it right now on this Saturday". If OU loses and doesn't win the Big 12, no, they don't make it. Same thing last year - if OSU had lost to michigan and had 2 losses (just as Oklahoma did), Oklahoma would've been ranked ahead of OSU in the final CFP rankings, and we beat them FAR worse than they beat us this year.

You have some serious blinders on right now and just making stuff up to fit your narrative. Nothing is more definitive than H2H.

And read what you just wrote — you said exactly what I stated. Do you honestly think OSU who will be favored by double digits and by a TD over Wisconsin only has a 30% chance to win those two games?

OR do they have a 30% chance to win those two games AND have enough teams falter to get into the CFP?

I think you know the answer, but you just don’t want to admit you were wrong the whole time.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have some serious blinders on right now and just making stuff up to fit your narrative. Nothing is more definitive than H2H.

And read what you just wrote — you said exactly what I stated. Do you honestly think OSU who will be favored by double digits and by a TD over Wisconsin only has a 30% chance to win those two games?

OR do they have a 30% chance to win those two games AND have enough teams falter to get into the CFP?

I think you know the answer, but you just don’t want to admit you were wrong the whole time.
I'm legitimately not. Remember, these aren't just my opinions.

And yes, I have been right this entire time. As of Saturday, with 3 games remaining - 1 on the road against an 8-3 michigan and one on a neutral site against unbeaten Wisconsin - they had a 30% chance of making the playoff. That 30% included them needing to win all of their games, and no other fuckery happening. You do realize none of the teams had over a 70% chance on that segment right? (that was Bama's odds). Get over yourself, you're wrong. They weren't talking about the odds to make the playoff in they won out.

Here's another link:

Full odds to win 2017-18 College Football Playoff

Why would the Las Vegas Superbook have OSU as the 3rd most likely team to win the CFP if the odds of them making it were so low?

You're just wrong. It's not a big deal. I suppose if there's complete and total chaos and somehow OSU is left out, you'll get some sort of "victory"?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to be so much fun when you don’t, if they lose. Only way it’d happen is if Auburn beat Bama something like 55-24 or something like that.

In no other world does a two loss OSU get in over a 1 loss Bama.

This goes back to the 30% chance of getting into the CFP. If an undefeated team loses, they will still have a better record than OSU and the big thing they won’t have is a 31 point L to a 5 loss Iowa team.

If Bama wins out, Miami wins outs and Oklahoma wins out — yes, OSU has a chance to get in. It’d come down to who the committee wants out of Georgia, OSU, ND. There is no lock for OSU. It isn’t win and they are in. They need help from other teams, AS I SAID.

Wisconsin and Alabama have nearly identical SOSs, but Wisconsin would gain an extra win if Ohio State wins out and Alabama loses to Auburn. Wisconsin's SOS right now is 62nd, and Alabama's is 60th. Wisconsin would add a win over Minnesota and a loss to Ohio State. Alabama would have a loss to Auburn. Not sure why Alabama would be in over a 2 loss Ohio State conference champion and Wisconsin

Last edited:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin and Alabama would have nearly identical SOSs, but Wisconsin would have an extra win if Ohio State wins out and Alabama loses to Auburn. Wisconsin's SOS right now is 62nd, and Alabama's is 60th. Wisconsin would add a win over Minnesota and a loss to Ohio State. Alabama would have a loss to Auburn. Not sure why Alabama would be in over a 2 loss Ohio State conference champion and Wisconsin
Because Alabama didn’t play the FSU team out there now — they played the FSU with Deondre Francois. So while their SOS would say they are identical, it doesn’t take into consideration that Alabama ended FSU’s season by knocking out their QB for the year.

It will depend on what the Auburn game looks like — if they lose a FG miss returned for TD. It’d be a no brainer they get in over 2 loss OSU or 1 loss Wisconsin. If they get absolutely hammered — then I can see the argument for both sides.

The reason I don’t see 2 loss OSU getting in over a 1 loss Bama is simple. 5 loss Iowa put up 55 and beat them by 31. Couple that with a game where Oklahoma did whatever they wanted all game long on OSU. It isn’t just the 2 losses — it is how bad the two losses were. One was 15 and easily could have been worse. The other was a blow out loss to Iowa.