• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So the PAC 12 has no shot at the Playoff.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW will beat the cougs by 3 scores. At least.

Ya, we all know college football is only based off what people think will happen, like us vs the condoms version 1, us vs Arizona and Cal, or UW vs two garbage teams in ASU and Stanford.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 30% odds is IF OSU wins the last two games. So basically Gameday is saying EXACTLY what I have said. They will need to win out and need quite a bit of help to get in.

Also — Iowa just became a 5 loss team unless I misread the ticker. Almost positive they lost to Purdue
No that's not what it said at all. It said as of yesterday, OSU had a 30% chance of making the playoffs. You didn't watch the segment I'm talking about.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor baby, had to pull a 4 star recruit off your bench to play our 2 star back up defensive end. Burnett knew he wouldn't see the field in Pullman until he was a senior so he went to play at the empty colisuem.

Just curious. How many WRs from Wazzu have gone in the first two rounds of the draft since Burnett has been at USC? How many from USC? Since Burnett would have been buried in the depth chart at Pullman and all.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that's not what it said at all. It said as of yesterday, OSU had a 30% chance of making the playoffs. You didn't watch the segment I'm talking about.

It is saying exactly what I said — OSU has a 30% (I said 25% chance) that if enough teams fall, OSU could sneak into the top 4.

Your theory of OSU wins and they are in is nothing more than wishful thinking. And Iowa losing again only makes it worse.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is saying exactly what I said — OSU has a 30% (I said 25% chance) that if enough teams fall, OSU could sneak into the top 4.

Your theory of OSU wins and they are in is nothing more than wishful thinking. And Iowa losing again only makes it worse.
It doesn't, and the odds are still in my favor. It wasn't saying what you said. You're saying they only have that chance if they win out. That isn't what their 30% meant. If OSU wins out, they'll be in the playoffs barring some really weird shit happening.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't, and the odds are still in my favor. It wasn't saying what you said. You're saying they only have that chance if they win out. That isn't what their 30% meant. If OSU wins out, they'll be in the playoffs barring some really weird shit happening.

Feel free to tell me what the 30% means, since you seem to think it doesn’t mean OSU winning out.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to tell me what the 30% means, since you seem to think it doesn’t mean OSU winning out.
They said as it stood Saturday, OSU had a 30% chance of getting into the playoff. There wasn't a caveat of "if they beat michigan and Wisconsin", it was that as it stood Saturday they had a 30% chance. That includes the likelihood of them being able to win out. At least that's always been the case when they have these conversations. If you have proof otherwise, I'm all ears.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said as it stood Saturday, OSU had a 30% chance of getting into the playoff. There wasn't a caveat of "if they beat michigan and Wisconsin", it was that as it stood Saturday they had a 30% chance. That includes the likelihood of them being able to win out. At least that's always been the case when they have these conversations. If you have proof otherwise, I'm all ears.

You want to know why it is 30%? Because OSU needs help to get in — reason why........no team with 2 losses has ever been included in the CFP. I’m guessing the first time they allow into the CFP with 2 losses won’t

If Miami goes undefeated and loses to Clemson or if Bama goes undefeated and loses to Georgia — you have 1 loss teams who could be put in over OSU. If TCU beats OU, you’d have 2 teams with 2 losses who’d have a resume to get in over OSU. If Miami beats Clemson and goes undefeated and ND wins out — ND’s only losses would be to CFP teams and with a schedule tougher than any other CFP contender — they could get in over OSU.

I realize you want to believe that beating UM (who hasn’t beaten a team with a winning record) and Wisconsin (who has 1 win over a ranked team all year) is going to put you in automatically, but that is nothing more than wishful thinking. The fact Iowa just lost at home to Purdue, most definitely doesn’t help your case.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to know why it is 30%? Because OSU needs help to get in — reason why........no team with 2 losses has ever been included in the CFP. I’m guessing the first time they allow into the CFP with 2 losses won’t

If Miami goes undefeated and loses to Clemson or if Bama goes undefeated and loses to Georgia — you have 1 loss teams who could be put in over OSU. If TCU beats OU, you’d have 2 teams with 2 losses who’d have a resume to get in over OSU. If Miami beats Clemson and goes undefeated and ND wins out — ND’s only losses would be to CFP teams and with a schedule tougher than any other CFP contender — they could get in over OSU.

I realize you want to believe that beating UM (who hasn’t beaten a team with a winning record) and Wisconsin (who has 1 win over a ranked team all year) is going to put you in automatically, but that is nothing more than wishful thinking. The fact Iowa just lost at home to Purdue, most definitely doesn’t help your case.
Yes, you're talking about upsets happening. If Clemson, Alabama, and OU win out (as they should), OSU is in. They're not putting in a 1-loss Miami team with no conference title, 1 ranked win, and countless 4th quarter escapes against bad teams over OSU just because we have 1 more loss.

If OSU is ranked ahead of ND in the rankings tomorrow night (which is very possible given ND's shit game against mediocre Navy at home), ND is out for good unless we lose.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OSU doesn't need much help. They just need chalk. OU, Ohio State and Alabama win out and they're in.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you're talking about upsets happening. If Clemson, Alabama, and OU win out (as they should), OSU is in. They're not putting in a 1-loss Miami team with no conference title, 1 ranked win, and countless 4th quarter escapes against bad teams over OSU just because we have 1 more loss.

If OSU is ranked ahead of ND in the rankings tomorrow night (which is very possible given ND's shit game against mediocre Navy at home), ND is out for good unless we lose.

If Miami loses — it hurts OSU, and it kills ND. It wouldn’t matter where ND is ranked, they aren’t getting in ahead of Miami. You WANT Miami to win. If they lose — that is when craziness happens.

If Miami, OU or Alabama loses — OSU’s chance to get in shrinks exponentially. I will say it again — no team with 2 losses has ever made the CFP. PSU beat OSU and won the B1G and still didn’t get in. 1 loss Bama, 2 loss OU and possibly 1 loss Miami, depending on what OSU’s next two games look like, will be in over OSU.

I’ve said it a hundred times already — a 30+ point loss to a 5 loss Iowa, who just got done losing to Purdue is going to kill OSU.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, we all know college football is only based off what people think will happen, like us vs the condoms version 1, us vs Arizona and Cal, or UW vs two garbage teams in ASU and Stanford.

yeah no one could have predicted an upset with a road team playing on a friday night in the PAC. That never happens.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miami loses — it hurts OSU, and it kills ND. It wouldn’t matter where ND is ranked, they aren’t getting in ahead of Miami. You WANT Miami to win. If they lose — that is when craziness happens.

If Miami, OU or Alabama loses — OSU’s chance to get in shrinks exponentially. I will say it again — no team with 2 losses has ever made the CFP. PSU beat OSU and won the B1G and still didn’t get in. 1 loss Bama, 2 loss OU and possibly 1 loss Miami, depending on what OSU’s next two games look like, will be in over OSU.

I’ve said it a hundred times already — a 30+ point loss to a 5 loss Iowa, who just got done losing to Purdue is going to kill OSU.
Miami isn't getting in without winning the ACC. Simple as that. Having one ranked win over ND, who looked like garbage Saturday and was lucky to escape Navy, isn't going to be enough to get an 11-1 team without a conference title in. Again, this isn't 2016, and Miami is a far, far cry from 2016 Ohio State in regards to resume. I don't know why people think it's just going to become common place for non-conference winners to make the playoff. OSU made it as an exception due to an elite resume. Miami will not come close to having that.

Yes, no team with 2 losses has made the CFP. We don't normally have 2-loss teams winning conferences, but we might possibly have 2 this year, maybe 3 if TCU upsets Oklahoma. The CFP is 3 years old. Stop acting like there's some sort of ironclad precedent.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps this will be the outcome that brings us an 8 team playoff as it should be.
I think it is possible that there may be 2 ACC and 2 SEC teams in the playoff. That won't be good for ratings. I think Bama and Miami could still be #3 and #4 with a loss.

Notre Dame will find they needed a conference championship game.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps this will be the outcome that brings us an 8 team playoff as it should be.
I think it is possible that there may be 2 ACC and 2 SEC teams in the playoff. That won't be good for ratings. I think Bama and Miami could still be #3 and #4 with a loss.

Notre Dame will find they needed a conference championship game.
Not a chance unless OSU loses to michigan and beats Wisconsin, ND loses to Stanford, Oklahoma loses 2x, Stanford wins the PAC12, and both Bama and Miami would have to lose by maybe a point or two very late, maybe on controversial flags or something.