• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So the PAC 12 has no shot at the Playoff.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don’t just abandon the run to abandon it. Defenses make adjustments and change packages and the offense follows suit. It is akin to earlier an OSU saying Barrett runs too much, but he is doing so because defenses are closing on the RB on most read option plays.

And I don’t think ND could do anymore than they have schedule wise. They have the most diverse schedule facing top teams from multiple conferences. That is more impressive to me than anything a 2 loss team has done. The only other two loss team I’d put ahead of ND is Auburn if they beat Georgia twice and Alabama.

For the question if the B1G CG could sway voters — sure, it could. But Wisconsin’s schedule is a joke. Iowa is literally the best team they have played. That’s pathetic. I still don’t think it’d be enough for OSU to get in, unless they absolutely blew out both UM and Wisconsin. Those bad losses are going to come back to bite OSU, IMO.

And you didn’t answer the question — say TCU beats OU and TCU gets in. Who is more deserving OU or OSU?
Not even remotely close to what I'm saying. I'm not talking about the read option. These defenses didn't change things, because the RBs never stopped ripping off chunks of yardage. Maybe if it got to the point that the RBs weren't picking up any yards you have a point, but it didn't. We just inexplicably went away from it. If you watched the games, you'd know what I'm talking about.

Good for ND. You've made every point you can. When both teams are playing at their best, I think OSU is better. When you look at their wins, I think OSU's are better. Good for ND for being able to schedule whomever they want. I'm not rewarding a team for refusing to join a conference and scheduling whomever they want. That's bullshit. Your opinion on ND is what it is, I'm not nearly impressed.

As far as Wisconsin's schedule goes, it is what it is. They've also beaten ranked Northwestern. They're unbeaten. Any unbeaten P5 team in the CCG is going to be at worst a solid win.

To answer the question, it depends how bad a loss it is. Last year, Oklahoma finished ahead of OSU when we got our second loss because it was a blowout. If it's a blowout, OSU finishes ahead. Fuck it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even remotely close to what I'm saying. I'm not talking about the read option. These defenses didn't change things, because the RBs never stopped ripping off chunks of yardage. Maybe if it got to the point that the RBs weren't picking up any yards you have a point, but it didn't. We just inexplicably went away from it. If you watched the games, you'd know what I'm talking about.

Good for ND. You've made every point you can. When both teams are playing at their best, I think OSU is better. When you look at their wins, I think OSU's are better. Good for ND for being able to schedule whomever they want. I'm not rewarding a team for refusing to join a conference and scheduling whomever they want. That's bullshit. Your opinion on ND is what it is, I'm not nearly impressed.

As far as Wisconsin's schedule goes, it is what it is. They've also beaten ranked Northwestern. They're unbeaten. Any unbeaten P5 team in the CCG is going to be at worst a solid win.

To answer the question, it depends how bad a loss it is. Last year, Oklahoma finished ahead of OSU when we got our second loss because it was a blowout. If it's a blowout, OSU finishes ahead. Fuck it.

I watch almost every OSU against quality teams. Hell, I even watch OSU when they play shitty teams. We get every OSU game televised by me, so the only time I don’t watch them is if UM is on at the same time.

Here is why I said what I did about the playcalling — Utban Meyer is a great coach, he is surrounded by great coaches — they don’t just abandon a play just because. It is the same reason I said Barrett was your best QB, because the coaches see and know more than any fan. While we discuss OSU and UM, etc. — it is their JOB to win football games. They are going to put the players out their that give them the best chance to win and they are going to call the plays that give them the best chance to succeed. Their job depends on it. So while you don’t think the defense did anything to make a change — I’d be willing to bet a safety was moving down into the box, or the LB’s started to crowd the line of scrimmage or when they got into a certain alignment on offense — a player on defense may have started calling out what was going to be run, so they scrapped it. All I know is — they didn’t just abandon it just because — if they felt it would have been successful, they would have continued it.

It isn’t just my opinion on ND — it is a fact. Their scheduling gives them a competitive edge IF they have a quality season. They are the ONLY team to face teams from the ACC, SEC and PAC who will be in the conference championship games and in the PAC, they could have played both teams. On top of that, they will have played Michigan State and NC State too. OSU will have to hang their hat on the B1G teams who beat no one OOC. That is why I said the argument about the last two years and the OOC this year will come into play. You say OSU will have beaten 3-4 ranked teams and other conferences will say — what did those teams do to get ranked? This year, more than ever, OOC is a decider because it is a big cluster of teams who could go to the CFP.

And I agree — if TCU shuts out OU and beats them by 30+ points — OSU could get in over OU. We all know that isn’t happening (at least the shut out part) — so you do agree OU should get in over OSU, even if they lose the CCG?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch almost every OSU against quality teams. Hell, I even watch OSU when they play shitty teams. We get every OSU game televised by me, so the only time I don’t watch them is if UM is on at the same time.

Here is why I said what I did about the playcalling — Utban Meyer is a great coach, he is surrounded by great coaches — they don’t just abandon a play just because. It is the same reason I said Barrett was your best QB, because the coaches see and know more than any fan. While we discuss OSU and UM, etc. — it is their JOB to win football games. They are going to put the players out their that give them the best chance to win and they are going to call the plays that give them the best chance to succeed. Their job depends on it. So while you don’t think the defense did anything to make a change — I’d be willing to bet a safety was moving down into the box, or the LB’s started to crowd the line of scrimmage or when they got into a certain alignment on offense — a player on defense may have started calling out what was going to be run, so they scrapped it. All I know is — they didn’t just abandon it just because — if they felt it would have been successful, they would have continued it.

It isn’t just my opinion on ND — it is a fact. Their scheduling gives them a competitive edge IF they have a quality season. They are the ONLY team to face teams from the ACC, SEC and PAC who will be in the conference championship games and in the PAC, they could have played both teams. On top of that, they will have played Michigan State and NC State too. OSU will have to hang their hat on the B1G teams who beat no one OOC. That is why I said the argument about the last two years and the OOC this year will come into play. You say OSU will have beaten 3-4 ranked teams and other conferences will say — what did those teams do to get ranked? This year, more than ever, OOC is a decider because it is a big cluster of teams who could go to the CFP.

And I agree — if TCU shuts out OU and beats them by 30+ points — OSU could get in over OU. We all know that isn’t happening (at least the shut out part) — so you do agree OU should get in over OSU, even if they lose the CCG?
Again, nothing changed in those games except for us abandoning the run. You can't be serious if you think a team with two amazing RBs like OSU does would just stop running for the sole reason that a defense is moving a safety into the box or LB's are supposedly "crowding the line". When you can see that the passing game isn't going to get the job done and the offense is stalling, you go back to what was working. They chose not to do that in these games. Right now you're just guessing, but I'm telling you exactly what happened. Those were idiotic coaching decisions. Elite rushing teams like OSU don't worry about what adjustments defenses are making when running the ball, or they shouldn't. If it's working, you do it until it's not. They chose to go in a different direction in these games for whatever reason and it killed them. You don't go from having Carlos Hyde shredding MSU for 3 quarters to not giving him the ball for the entire 4th quarter while watching our offense stall because there's a safety in the box. You don't go from having Dobbins/Webber ripping off 6 yards per carry for 2.5 quarters, see our offense start to show life, and then just go away from them while our offense loses all momentum because they're maybe "crowding the line". Again, the running games were never slowing down or failing in these games. They were just abandoned. These were coaching errors and they acknowledged them. If you don't agree, so be it, but I'm right. You're just guessing without having knowledge.

As far as your ND thing goes, again - show me somehow that Miami is better than Wisconsin, that USC is better than Penn State, and that Stanford is better than michigan. Congrats to those teams, but only Miami is succeeding in a real conference (and outside of killing ND, their only other decent win was unranked VT, so...). USC has looked awful for a good portion of the year, and Stanford is likely going to finish with 5 losses, so stop acting as if these two teams are so much better than Penn State or michigan, because it makes no sense. You ask what did these teams do to get ranked - what did USC or Stanford do?

As far as the Big 12 title game goes, we'll see. There's a real chance if TCU beats OU, the conference gets shut out, which is fair. Why should TCU jump OSU if we win out? We finish the year with one shitty team and two good teams while they finish with two shitty teams and one good team, and they're 4 spots behind us.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, nothing changed in those games except for us abandoning the run. You can't be serious if you think a team with two amazing RBs like OSU does would just stop running for the sole reason that a defense is moving a safety into the box or LB's are supposedly "crowding the line". When you can see that the passing game isn't going to get the job done and the offense is stalling, you go back to what was working. They chose not to do that in these games. Right now you're just guessing, but I'm telling you exactly what happened. Those were idiotic coaching decisions. Elite rushing teams like OSU don't worry about what adjustments defenses are making when running the ball, or they shouldn't. If it's working, you do it until it's not. They chose to go in a different direction in these games for whatever reason and it killed them. You don't go from having Carlos Hyde shredding MSU for 3 quarters to not giving him the ball for the entire 4th quarter while watching our offense stall because there's a safety in the box. You don't go from having Dobbins/Webber ripping off 6 yards per carry for 2.5 quarters, see our offense start to show life, and then just go away from them while our offense loses all momentum because they're maybe "crowding the line". Again, the running games were never slowing down or failing in these games. They were just abandoned. These were coaching errors and they acknowledged them. If you don't agree, so be it, but I'm right. You're just guessing without having knowledge.

As far as your ND thing goes, again - show me somehow that Miami is better than Wisconsin, that USC is better than Penn State, and that Stanford is better than michigan. Congrats to those teams, but only Miami is succeeding in a real conference (and outside of killing ND, their only other decent win was unranked VT, so...). USC has looked awful for a good portion of the year, and Stanford is likely going to finish with 5 losses, so stop acting as if these two teams are so much better than Penn State or michigan, because it makes no sense. You ask what did these teams do to get ranked - what did USC or Stanford do?

As far as the Big 12 title game goes, we'll see. There's a real chance if TCU beats OU, the conference gets shut out, which is fair. Why should TCU jump OSU if we win out? We finish the year with one shitty team and two good teams while they finish with two shitty teams and one good team, and they're 4 spots behind us.

Regarding OSU — I will just agree to disagree. You don’t know more than the coaches, you are simply a fan as everyone on here is. None of us know more than a coach in college. They are callingplays based on what they see from the defense — the defense makes adjustments to try and take away what is working for a team. An example you’d understand — think Indiana game vs OSU this year. OSU tries man coverage outside and gets eaten alive by IU’s passing game. OSU moves a safety over the top in the 2nd half to take it away.

With ND’s schedule — I will leave it as this. Michigan has a stronger SOS than Wisconsin and 8 teams on our schedule won’t make a bowl game. Wisconsin has the easiest schedule of any ranked team, including Washington, whose big OOC game was Rutgers. That is how poor their schedule has been. And I GUARANTEE if OSU had played Georgia, USC, Miami, Michigan State, NC State and Stanford, you’d be arguing the opposite. Think about it — the only team on ND’s schedule so far with a losing record is North Carolina. How many teams can say that?

And I hate to break it to you — there is ZERO CHANCE OSU gets in the CFP and the Big 12 gets left out if OSU, TCU and OU wins out (which they all should). No matter how die hard of a fan you are — you have to understand that, right? I’m not saying there is zero chance OSU gets into the CFP — I put it at less than 20% chance. But no way they get in over the Big 12 representative, Wisconsin is the only one with a chance from the B1G to do that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding OSU — I will just agree to disagree. You don’t know more than the coaches, you are simply a fan as everyone on here is. None of us know more than a coach in college. They are callingplays based on what they see from the defense — the defense makes adjustments to try and take away what is working for a team. An example you’d understand — think Indiana game vs OSU this year. OSU tries man coverage outside and gets eaten alive by IU’s passing game. OSU moves a safety over the top in the 2nd half to take it away.

With ND’s schedule — I will leave it as this. Michigan has a stronger SOS than Wisconsin and 8 teams on our schedule won’t make a bowl game. Wisconsin has the easiest schedule of any ranked team, including Washington, whose big OOC game was Rutgers. That is how poor their schedule has been. And I GUARANTEE if OSU had played Georgia, USC, Miami, Michigan State, NC State and Stanford, you’d be arguing the opposite. Think about it — the only team on ND’s schedule so far with a losing record is North Carolina. How many teams can say that?

And I hate to break it to you — there is ZERO CHANCE OSU gets in the CFP and the Big 12 gets left out if OSU, TCU and OU wins out (which they all should). No matter how die hard of a fan you are — you have to understand that, right? I’m not saying there is zero chance OSU gets into the CFP — I put it at less than 20% chance. But no way they get in over the Big 12 representative, Wisconsin is the only one with a chance from the B1G to do that.
Your explanation still doesn't address anything or make sense. The coaches messed up with their playcalling in the second half and they admitted it. We were killing them with the running game and mistakenly abandoned it. It is what it is. It happened in both games. I'm not sure how else this can be explained to you, but whatever.

Good for ND. I still don't agree with you. I've watched them play. OSU at it's best is better than ND at their best, and OSU's wins are still better. I've notoriously ripped Stanford for being overrated, so no, I wouldn't be touting them. With the way USC has played most of this year, they'd have a hard time beating most of the teams in the B1G. NC State is decent, roughly on michigan's level. Where's the great win? Wisconsin and Penn State are ranked higher than anyone ND has beaten, so if OSU beats those teams, where's this notion that they have no business being in over ND?

I hate to break it to you - there is A VERY GOOD CHANCE that OSU gets in the CFP if TCU wins the Big 12 title. I know you're fixated on the OU-OSU thing, but when TCU wins it, the voters aren't going to put it all on the transitive property to jump TCU 5 spots over OSU. That's stupid. Also, you do know TCU and OU can't both win out, right?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your explanation still doesn't address anything or make sense. The coaches messed up with their playcalling in the second half and they admitted it. We were killing them with the running game and mistakenly abandoned it. It is what it is. It happened in both games. I'm not sure how else this can be explained to you, but whatever.

Good for ND. I still don't agree with you. I've watched them play. OSU at it's best is better than ND at their best, and OSU's wins are still better. I've notoriously ripped Stanford for being overrated, so no, I wouldn't be touting them. With the way USC has played most of this year, they'd have a hard time beating most of the teams in the B1G. NC State is decent, roughly on michigan's level. Where's the great win? Wisconsin and Penn State are ranked higher than anyone ND has beaten, so if OSU beats those teams, where's this notion that they have no business being in over ND?

I hate to break it to you - there is A VERY GOOD CHANCE that OSU gets in the CFP if TCU wins the Big 12 title. I know you're fixated on the OU-OSU thing, but when TCU wins it, the voters aren't going to put it all on the transitive property to jump TCU 5 spots over OSU. That's stupid. Also, you do know TCU and OU can't both win out, right?

Yeah right. Even playing shitty they would still beat most of the teams in the B1G.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again the difference in wins is negligible. And if there's anything the committee has proved with it's rankings at least in regards to why Clemson is 2 and not OU, it's because Clemson has a bunch of wins over teams .500+ and has a better defense. That line of thinking could potentially apply when discussing ND and Ohio State if it gets down to that. Plus, the committee may just think ND is better. And there's certainly evidence to suggest they are.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do know you had less than 100 yards of offense in the first half against Oklahoma, right? So how were you killing it? Also — Dobbins has 13 yards rushing in the first half, 60 in the 2nd half — how is that abandoning the run? OU did exactly what I said they did, took away Dobbins and Barrett ran for 43 yards. So are you sure you watched the game?

You are talking as an OSU fan and not a CFB fan — As I said, you are so stubborn, I could flip the schedules and you’d argue how OSU played the better schedule for the same reason I’ve listed for ND. I am just pointing out the facts — UM has not beaten a bowl eligible team this year, yet we are a ‘ranked team’. Wisconsin’s best win is NW who got hammered by Duke, but because they’ve beaten some B1G teams in their conference, they are ranked. The B1G is not that good this year and I know you hate to hear it, but I’m telling you, we will be on the outside looking in. I know ALOT less about football than the people making the decisions and if I can see it, I guarantee they can too.

Win out the last two weeks before the CCG’s is what I meant for OU and TCU.

Personally, I think OSU’s best shot at the CFP is ND losing again and Alabama going undefeated. If ND wins out or if Bama loses, OSU will be our no matter what they do, IMO.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know you had less than 100 yards of offense in the first half against Oklahoma, right? So how were you killing it? Also — Dobbins has 13 yards rushing in the first half, 60 in the 2nd half — how is that abandoning the run? OU did exactly what I said they did, took away Dobbins and Barrett ran for 43 yards. So are you sure you watched the game?

You are talking as an OSU fan and not a CFB fan — As I said, you are so stubborn, I could flip the schedules and you’d argue how OSU played the better schedule for the same reason I’ve listed for ND. I am just pointing out the facts — UM has not beaten a bowl eligible team this year, yet we are a ‘ranked team’. Wisconsin’s best win is NW who got hammered by Duke, but because they’ve beaten some B1G teams in their conference, they are ranked. The B1G is not that good this year and I know you hate to hear it, but I’m telling you, we will be on the outside looking in. I know ALOT less about football than the people making the decisions and if I can see it, I guarantee they can too.

Win out the last two weeks before the CCG’s is what I meant for OU and TCU.

Personally, I think OSU’s best shot at the CFP is ND losing again and Alabama going undefeated. If ND wins out or if Bama loses, OSU will be our no matter what they do, IMO.
You didn't watch anything after halftime, it would appear. I also see you're ignoring Weber's 1st half contributions. Look at the first two drives of the second half. Running the offense through Dobbins, they were showing life on offense. They took the lead twice. Then he inexplicably disappears. The coaching staff even admitted they did this, so I'm not sure what you're still arguing.

No, I'm not talking as an OSU fan, I'm talking as someone who has watched both teams. ND hasn't beaten an actual elite team in years. Why am I saying we're better? Because I think Brian Kelly is a shitty coach. No, I wouldn't argue OSU played a harder schedule, because I don't value ND's teams the way you do. I think Oklahoma would spank Miami, who aside from the ND game hasn't looked impressive all year. I think Penn State and UGA would be a really good game. Wisconsin would beat USC because their defense would smother Darnold and he'd turn it over 4 times. Michigan State and Michigan State would be an intrasquad scrimmage. NC State and Stanford are about the same as michigan and Iowa. Who's left? Are you gonna start pimping Temple, BC, and Wake Forest? You're exaggerating ND's schedule vs. OSU's to a tremendous level, but that's fine because you're a michigan fan.

We will jump ND if we win out. I'm flat out telling you that right now as a matter of fact. They have 1 game left against a team with any level of value, even though it's not much. Stanford = michigan. Then we're going to have the CCG against Wisconsin. If we win out, we will jump them, no matter what they do. You can try and act like you're in the committee's head til your blue in the face, but I'm telling you flat out that you're wrong.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again the difference in wins is negligible. And if there's anything the committee has proved with it's rankings at least in regards to why Clemson is 2 and not OU, it's because Clemson has a bunch of wins over teams .500+ and has a better defense. That line of thinking could potentially apply when discussing ND and Ohio State if it gets down to that. Plus, the committee may just think ND is better. And there's certainly evidence to suggest they are.
The difference in schedule difficulty is negligible, too. It's going to come down to if they value "better" losses or playing an extra game and winning a conference title.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't watch anything after halftime, it would appear. I also see you're ignoring Weber's 1st half contributions. Look at the first two drives of the second half. Running the offense through Dobbins, they were showing life on offense. They took the lead twice. Then he inexplicably disappears. The coaching staff even admitted they did this, so I'm not sure what you're still arguing.

No, I'm not talking as an OSU fan, I'm talking as someone who has watched both teams. ND hasn't beaten an actual elite team in years. Why am I saying we're better? Because I think Brian Kelly is a shitty coach. No, I wouldn't argue OSU played a harder schedule, because I don't value ND's teams the way you do. I think Oklahoma would spank Miami, who aside from the ND game hasn't looked impressive all year. I think Penn State and UGA would be a really good game. Wisconsin would beat USC because their defense would smother Darnold and he'd turn it over 4 times. Michigan State and Michigan State would be an intrasquad scrimmage. NC State and Stanford are about the same as michigan and Iowa. Who's left? Are you gonna start pimping Temple, BC, and Wake Forest? You're exaggerating ND's schedule vs. OSU's to a tremendous level, but that's fine because you're a michigan fan.

We will jump ND if we win out. I'm flat out telling you that right now as a matter of fact. They have 1 game left against a team with any level of value, even though it's not much. Stanford = michigan. Then we're going to have the CCG against Wisconsin. If we win out, we will jump them, no matter what they do. You can try and act like you're in the committee's head til your blue in the face, but I'm telling you flat out that you're wrong.

You had less than 100 yards in the first half. TOTAL. So now the play calling was bad in what, the 4th quarter when you were chasing from behind?

And I agree with you — OSU hasn’t played a harder schedule than ND. And the fact you are saying this team OSU played would smoke that team ND played tells anyone reading it, you are talking, not as a CFB fan, but as an OSU fan. You are trying to compare solely B1G teams to teams from multiple conferences. You literally said Wisconsin would smoke USC because why........they beat Iowa? They have played NO ONE. I’m a Michigan fan and i wouldn’t compare us to ANY team ranked — we have zero wins against teams with a winning record. We are 8-2 because the B1G is not good.

And I realize you WANT OSU to jump into the CFP, but I’d bet my life they need help to get in. They need Auburn to lose or the SEC could easily have 2 teams. They need Clemson to win, as a 2 loss Clemson could easily get in over OSU (see Iowa scoring 55 on OSU for why). They need OU to win out, for reasons I explained already.

And if you’d like — I could post an article from the OSU website which literally states at the midway point BEFORE you played Wisconsin, ND had a tougher schedule up-to the midway point and they had the toughest schedule remaining out of the CFP teams (OSU ranked 8th)

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not losing any sleep over it. I leave the conference homer stuff to the Gumps and tSEC.

No PAC team is playoffs material this year
We got 4 great teams this year with Washington, WSU, Stanford, and USC that could compete with most of the big boys. But none of them are playoff caliber elite stuff. I can admit that at this point in the season. It's just how the conf went this year.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen one USC fan try and make a case for them to be anywhere near the playoffs. Thats loss to ND sunk that ship. Lots of good teams have lost on the road this year but that was a beatdown. USC fans know that the D line was decimated for that game but it doesn't matter it happened. What I do question is how some teams beat trash and move up and USC has been treading water the past few weeks despite winning.
tOSU had a very similar bad loss/beatdown on the road at Iowa but that isn't stopping the SportsHoopla buckey brethren.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

USC would kick your team square in the nuts, like they always do, who in fuck are you kidding!

TROJAN-MAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC strolled into the shoe in 2009 with minutes left in the game a true freshman QB marched 97 yards to beat the nuts, not to mention in 2008, USC K*unt punted OSU 35 to 3

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had less than 100 yards in the first half. TOTAL. So now the play calling was bad in what, the 4th quarter when you were chasing from behind?

And I agree with you — OSU hasn’t played a harder schedule than ND. And the fact you are saying this team OSU played would smoke that team ND played tells anyone reading it, you are talking, not as a CFB fan, but as an OSU fan. You are trying to compare solely B1G teams to teams from multiple conferences. You literally said Wisconsin would smoke USC because why........they beat Iowa? They have played NO ONE. I’m a Michigan fan and i wouldn’t compare us to ANY team ranked — we have zero wins against teams with a winning record. We are 8-2 because the B1G is not good.

And I realize you WANT OSU to jump into the CFP, but I’d bet my life they need help to get in. They need Auburn to lose or the SEC could easily have 2 teams. They need Clemson to win, as a 2 loss Clemson could easily get in over OSU (see Iowa scoring 55 on OSU for why). They need OU to win out, for reasons I explained already.

And if you’d like — I could post an article from the OSU website which literally states at the midway point BEFORE you played Wisconsin, ND had a tougher schedule up-to the midway point and they had the toughest schedule remaining out of the CFP teams (OSU ranked 8th)
Again, you didn't watch the game after halftime it would appear. We had two leads in the 3rd quarter alone. We had 5 drives in their red zone and only got a TD once because in the other. Do you honestly think we were just completely demolished and never did anything right?

OSU and ND's schedules are probably about the same. No,, I'm not talking as an OSU fan. Look at USC's resume. Look at how they've played. I have no doubt that Wisconsin would be able to fluster Darnold to no end and run the ball. They're a matchup nightmare for USC.

I don't care if OSU goes to the playoff or not. If they're playing at their best they can play with anyone, but it's hard to say they would do that. When you're talking the 1st ranked schedule to the 8th, that's not a big disparity. If it was 1st to 40th, you'd have a point, but that's not the case. We'll just have to wait and see. This morning on Gameday, they said OSU has a 30% chance of making the playoff, and that's with two ranked teams remaining that they'd have to beat, so I'd say those are pretty solid odds that would only increase with those wins.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC would kick your team square in the nuts, like they always do, who in fuck are you kidding!
LOL whatever you say. Pete Carroll and John Robinson ain't walking into your coach's office anytime soon. If we played on a neutral field, OSU would be a TD favorite. USC has one somewhat sorta decent win and has looked like shit against some bad teams. If OSU's offense is clicking, we'd beat you just as bad as we beat Michigan State.

TROJAN-MAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL whatever you say. Pete Carroll and John Robinson ain't walking into your coach's office anytime soon. If we played on a neutral field, OSU would be a TD favorite. USC has one somewhat sorta decent win and has looked like shit against some bad teams. If OSU's offense is clicking, we'd beat you just as bad as we beat Michigan State.

:ninja:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC strolled into the shoe in 2009 with minutes left in the game a true freshman QB marched 97 yards to beat the nuts, not to mention in 2008, USC K*unt punted OSU 35 to 3
Never should've happened. OSU got fucked.

hqdefault.jpg