• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So the PAC 12 has no shot at the Playoff.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost the division last year because you lost to PSU.

He keeps saying top 10 in offense and defense and no other team had that resume yet they couldn't score in their playoff game and couldn't stop Clemson from scoring. Soooooo maybe that top 10 stuff was smoke n mirrors.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basicly what the Committee just told them.
Their highest team is USC at #11, then WSU at #14, then Washington at #18.
All with 2 losses.

I don't see a way that any of those teams play themselves into the top 4, even with a huge amount of help.

Am I missing something.

If people believe Ohio State has a shot, I don't see why we would discount USC.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Notre Dame is still in the picture.

So Ohio State is still possible even though they lost to Oklahoma whos ahead of them but USC doesnt have a shot because Notre dame is still in the picture?
I'm not saying USC should be because I don't think they are a top 4 team. It's just the reasons people come up with.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ohio State is still possible even though they lost to Oklahoma whos ahead of them but USC doesnt have a shot because Notre dame is still in the picture?
I'm not saying USC should be because I don't think they are a top 4 team. It's just the reasons people come up with.

I'm just saying if there's a 2 loss Notre Dame and a 2 loss USC conference champion fighting for the 4th spot, I don't think it goes to the team that lost the head to head by 35 halfway through the season.

Just like Miami won't get left out of the playoffs in favor of Notre Dame.

Ohio State is still a possibility because there's a chance they can win their conference and get the 4th seed in a playoff that also includes Oklahoma.

If Notre Dame loses to Stanford, then Southern Cal has a chance of sneaking into the fourth spot. Especially if Oklahoma loses to TCU.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying if there's a 2 loss Notre Dame and a 2 loss USC conference champion fighting for the 4th spot, I don't think it goes to the team that lost the head to head by 35 halfway through the season.

Just like Miami won't get left out of the playoffs in favor of Notre Dame.

Ohio State is still a possibility because there's a chance they can win their conference and get the 4th seed in a playoff that also includes Oklahoma.

If Notre Dame loses to Stanford, then Southern Cal has a chance of sneaking into the fourth spot. Especially if Oklahoma loses to TCU.
I understand all that but head to head didn't matter much last year when Penn St wasn't picked and Ohio State was.