• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So the PAC 12 has no shot at the Playoff.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance unless OSU loses to michigan and beats Wisconsin, ND loses to Stanford, Oklahoma loses 2x, Stanford wins the PAC12, and both Bama and Miami would have to lose by maybe a point or two very late, maybe on controversial flags or something.
Without a conference championship, Notre Dame is done. I don't think there is any way they can make top 4.
If Bama loses next week to Auburn and then Auburn beats Georgia in the SEC Championship, I think Auburn and Bama make it. Miami or Clemson gets one of the 2 remaining which leaves 1 spot for Big 10, Pac 12, Big 12 and others. Too many conferences left on the outside, especially with the ACC and SEC being primarily South East teams.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a conference championship, Notre Dame is done. I don't think there is any way they can make top 4.
If Bama loses next week to Auburn and then Auburn beats Georgia in the SEC Championship, I think Auburn and Bama make it. Miami or Clemson gets one of the 2 remaining which leaves 1 spot for Big 10, Pac 12, Big 12 and others. Too many conferences left on the outside, especially with the ACC and SEC being primarily South East teams.
If Auburn beats Bama, Bama is done. They do not have the resume to make it without even a trip to the conference title game. That leaves them at 11-1 without a single top 15 win. No chance they're in.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami isn't getting in without winning the ACC. Simple as that. Having one ranked win over ND, who looked like garbage Saturday and was lucky to escape Navy, isn't going to be enough to get an 11-1 team without a conference title in. Again, this isn't 2016, and Miami is a far, far cry from 2016 Ohio State in regards to resume. I don't know why people think it's just going to become common place for non-conference winners to make the playoff. OSU made it as an exception due to an elite resume. Miami will not come close to having that.

Yes, no team with 2 losses has made the CFP. We don't normally have 2-loss teams winning conferences, but we might possibly have 2 this year, maybe 3 if TCU upsets Oklahoma. The CFP is 3 years old. Stop acting like there's some sort of ironclad precedent.

Yes, we haven’t had a 2 loss conference champion since........last year in the B1G and Big 12. And you can say what you’d like about Miami, but if it is a back and forth game with Clemson and down to the wire — they could EASILY get in. And well, Alabama is self explanatory. They are a no-brainer with one loss.

I think my favorite scenario would be — Bama loses to Auburn, doesn’t go to the SEC CG and gets in ahead of OSU with an 11-1 record. It’d be fun to listen to OSU fans complain about the exact situation that they were rewarded on last year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Auburn beats Bama, Bama is done. They do not have the resume to make it without even a trip to the conference title game. That leaves them at 11-1 without a single top 15 win. No chance they're in.

What would you like to wager? What Bama wouldn’t have is a 2nd loss or a 30pt loss

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we haven’t had a 2 loss conference champion since........last year in the B1G and Big 12. And you can say what you’d like about Miami, but if it is a back and forth game with Clemson and down to the wire — they could EASILY get in. And well, Alabama is self explanatory. They are a no-brainer with one loss.

I think my favorite scenario would be — Bama loses to Auburn, doesn’t go to the SEC CG and gets in ahead of OSU with an 11-1 record. It’d be fun to listen to OSU fans complain about the exact situation that they were rewarded on last year.
You don't read my responses well. You've had some real head-scratchers here, and I'm getting pretty bored with this conversation. I said we don't normally have 2-loss conference champs. We don't. You bringing up the Big 12 last year means nothing.

No, Miami would not EASILY get in with 1 ranked win.

Alabama is not a no-brainer if they don't beat Auburn. Two ranked wins that aren't even top 15 isn't enough for a team that didn't go to the CCG to get in.

And no, Alabama wouldn't get in with the "exact situation". I think this is where our conversation ends because you refuse to acknowledge facts, so it's a waste of my time. Their situation would be FAR from Ohio State's last year. I've had to explain this to you too many times.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree unless Auburn beats them real bad. Bama has the love and the pedigree. They'll be #4 even without a championship game. Might be talking for nothing though as I think they will beat Auburn. Then we will be talking about if Georgia beats them in the title game. Then we would still have 2 SEC teams in the playoffs.

This should be fun.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also wouldn't have a single top 15 win.

It will ABSOLUTELY happen. A 2 loss OSU isn’t jumping over Bama, unless Bama gets completely housed by Auburn.

You have TWO LOSSES — one by 31 to a 5 loss Iowa team and the other to OU, in a game you were thoroughly outplayed in your own backyard.

And I know you really want to hang your hat on UM and Wisconsin, but the best win between the two teams is NORTHWESTERN. Think about that. A team who got blown out by Duke is the best win by the two teams you are playing. That is going to push you up the rankings?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree unless Auburn beats them real bad. Bama has the love and the pedigree. They'll be #4 even without a championship game. Might be talking for nothing though as I think they will beat Auburn. Then we will be talking about if Georgia beats them in the title game. Then we would still have 2 SEC teams in the playoffs.

This should be fun.
If they lose in the SEC CG, I wouldn't disagree. I could see the committee putting them in with a win over Auburn. If they lose to Auburn, though, I don't think I see it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will ABSOLUTELY happen. A 2 loss OSU isn’t jumping over Bama, unless Bama gets completely housed by Auburn.

You have TWO LOSSES — one by 31 to a 5 loss Iowa team and the other to OU, in a game you were thoroughly outplayed in your own backyard.

And I know you really want to hang your hat on UM and Wisconsin, but the best win between the two teams is NORTHWESTERN. Think about that. A team who got blown out by Duke is the best win by the two teams you are playing. That is going to push you up the rankings?
If Bama loses to Auburn and we win out, we'll jump them.

I never said I want to hang my hat on UM. Those are your words. I said it'd be a decent win, but not a ranked win.

Are you done spouting off your unfounded opinions yet?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If a 2 loss team gets in, it will be USC and not tOSU.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a 2 loss team gets in, it will be USC and not tOSU.
Notre Dame could be the 2 loss team. USC will not be. The thumping the Irish put on USC will stop them from jumping.

Ohio State does have a chance, but it has to line up right. Auburn losing to Bama would move them up to 7th. Miami beats Clemson would move them up to 6th. Bama beating Georgia puts them at 5th. Beating Wisconsin puts them at 4. Potentially.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bama loses to Auburn and we win out, we'll jump them.

I never said I want to hang my hat on UM. Those are your words. I said it'd be a decent win, but not a ranked win.

Are you done spouting off your unfounded opinions yet?

It is going to be so much fun when you don’t, if they lose. Only way it’d happen is if Auburn beat Bama something like 55-24 or something like that.

In no other world does a two loss OSU get in over a 1 loss Bama.

This goes back to the 30% chance of getting into the CFP. If an undefeated team loses, they will still have a better record than OSU and the big thing they won’t have is a 31 point L to a 5 loss Iowa team.

If Bama wins out, Miami wins outs and Oklahoma wins out — yes, OSU has a chance to get in. It’d come down to who the committee wants out of Georgia, OSU, ND. There is no lock for OSU. It isn’t win and they are in. They need help from other teams, AS I SAID.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame could be the 2 loss team. USC will not be. The thumping the Irish put on USC will stop them from jumping.

Ohio State does have a chance, but it has to line up right. Auburn losing to Bama would move them up to 7th. Miami beats Clemson would move them up to 6th. Bama beating Georgia puts them at 5th. Beating Wisconsin puts them at 4. Potentially.
Yes, Stanford would have to beat ND.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want Bama to lose to Auburn that will make the CFP so entertaining to watch. OSU fans will be screaming from the rafters if they win out and then Bama gets in with one loss (which would happen). Then everyone will point to last year and a big argument will erupt

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps this will be the outcome that brings us an 8 team playoff as it should be.
I think it is possible that there may be 2 ACC and 2 SEC teams in the playoff. That won't be good for ratings. I think Bama and Miami could still be #3 and #4 with a loss.

Notre Dame will find they needed a conference championship game.

Part of me wants tOSU in the playoff b/c I really do believe all hell will break loose b/c this will mark two years in a row the Buckeyes have no business in the playoff and school presidents and AD's will start seeking legal parameters and start suing the playoff committee. tOSU sells tickets and hotel rooms, which shouldn't be part of a team's resume, but it is. I think if they put the Buckeyes in the playoff this will expand it to 6 teams. No need to go to 8; that's too many.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me wants tOSU in the playoff b/c I really do believe all hell will break loose b/c this will mark two years in a row the Buckeyes have no business in the playoff and school presidents and AD's will start seeking legal parameters and start suing the playoff committee. tOSU sells tickets and hotel rooms, which shouldn't be part of a team's resume, but it is. I think if they put the Buckeyes in the playoff this will expand it to 6 teams. No need to go to 8; that's too many.
I heard of a league, not sure if it's just a rumor or not, that has a 24 team playoff!!! Those poor kids!!!! I couldn't even imagine. The product must be horrible on the field, so watered down......I hope it's not true.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard of a league, not sure if it's just a rumor or not, that has a 24 team playoff!!! Those poor kids!!!! I couldn't even imagine. The product must be horrible on the field, so watered down......I hope it's not true.

And nobody really cares about the FCS playoffs. I don't watch it. Too many teams. Sorry, but not everybody can be a winner; that's not how life works.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And nobody really cares about the FCS playoffs. I don't watch it. Too many teams. Sorry, but not everybody can be a winner; that's not how life works.
There are less winners in FCS than in FBS. And the reason that you don't watch it, isn't because there are too many teams.