• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So r all you Caleb Williams haters...

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None, he's an upgrade over what was previously here, but he is what he is, so I don't believe that he can do anything beyond what he's currently doing to gain such an endorsement.

If this team is going to continue to field players like TM as a WR1, TE s like Thomas, and the running backs that they usually do then they are going to require a QB that makes them better on the field. If the plan is going to be Sam Howell then they have to get a true WR1, upgrades at TE and speedier more versatile running backs. Take your pick!
Really? So if he Doesn’t have any aspect that needs improvement, then he must be perfect?!!! And yet you still can’t support him? Hmmmm….what could it possibly be??

I dont see him as perfect. I have no concerns with is physical capabilities. With th exception of lamar and mahomes, he may have the best physical capabilities of all other QBs. However, I need to see more on the mental side. Better pre reads, better decision making. I also need to see more of a leadership role for him next year. I fully expect with more snaps, these areas will also improve. But only time will tell. I’m optimistic.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why anybody would advocate trading Howell now. He’s pit up 3 striaght 300+ yard games, lit up the 8-1 Eagles twice, and passes “the look” test.

Draft some olinemen, a wr that can catch (not brown), a playmaking TE, and call it a day on offense.
Not many would.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warming up to Sam Howell. When I watch Sam Howell I'm seeing a young QB maturing with each game. We need front line help first and foremost to help the young man. Each team has their history of what makes them special. Redskins/Commanders win Super Bowls by having a strong front line. Theismann, Rypien, Williams... none were the cloth of a Brady, Manning or Mahomes to say a few... but all were just good enough... like this kid Howell we have. He reminds me of another QB we had once but let walk away and go to Minnesota. All I'm saying is that Howell is a QB you can compete with. Build around him.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's always a treat when the same 4 or 5 are threatened by your football opinions.
Lol, his football opinion wanted the Redskins to trade high draft picks for Watson, fields, and love. Literally 3 of the worst in the league. It is a football forum and I do respect his opinions though. If we all knew what we thought we knew we’d be working for the nfl

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the exact argument that was used when KC was here .... he can't get better but meanwhile I have three guys here in college that ar guaranteed to be better.

And of course there was the Haskins is better than Burrow because he beat him out at Ohio State.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the exact argument that was used when KC was here .... he can't get better but meanwhile I have three guys here in college that ar guaranteed to be better.

And of course there was the Haskins is better than Burrow because he beat him out at Ohio State.
I forgot about that one.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont particularly see KC when I watch Howell’s game, but to each their own.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Williams has all the talent in the world.

The problem seems to be attitude.

He has not denied the fact that reports are saying he will only accept being drafted by 5 teams.

Also, he wants to be a minority owner of the team that drafts him per reports.

Combine that with the comments his father has made about making more money in college and I have concerns.

These could all be false rumors, but williams has not denied them at all.
He has options that players before him never did. Perhaps he's just running his mouth. Or maybe he's as much of an ass as some posters here think he is.

I can't call it. If you were in his place. What would you wanna do?

Shut up, keep a stiff upper lip n say that you'll be happy regardless who drafts you bullshit. Or put it out n say these r the teams I want to play for.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The argument against KC was that he came up short too many times in critical situations.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why anybody would advocate trading Howell now. He’s pit up 3 striaght 300+ yard games, lit up the 8-1 Eagles twice, and passes “the look” test.

Draft some olinemen, a wr that can catch (not brown), a playmaking TE, and call it a day on offense.
His off field questions are all related to timing and upcoming contracts. This was posted earlier.

No one is advocating trading him now, are you guys reading posts? To be clear, they will keep him for the 2024 season, hopefully, draft his replacement in the upcoming draft, then consider their options for the 2025 season in terms of cap hits and a known ability to replace him.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny football is going to have a better NFL than Williams. He is just a less talented Kyler Murray

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? So if he Doesn’t have any aspect that needs improvement, then he must be perfect?!!! And yet you still can’t support him? Hmmmm….what could it possibly be??

I dont see him as perfect. I have no concerns with is physical capabilities. With th exception of lamar and mahomes, he may have the best physical capabilities of all other QBs. However, I need to see more on the mental side. Better pre reads, better decision making. I also need to see more of a leadership role for him next year. I fully expect with more snaps, these areas will also improve. But only time will tell. I’m optimistic.
I'm not sure what or how you're reading what I've written and come to the conclusions that you seem to have come to. Howell is far from perfect in fact I literally said "he is what he is" and I don't think that there's anything that he can improve on. He is the exact same player that he has always been. So the Mantra has become, " Let's wait and see what he can be or what they really have in him." Now for a lot of Washington fans/followers and supporters what he brings to the team is good enough but for me, I've been unaffected by the mediocrity and despair of the Snyder Era. My vision remains clear about the types of players that they currently have and the type of players that I would love to see them get going forward. A Baker Mayfield type just isn't good enough to garner championships. His comps are within the Drew Brees, Mayfield type spectrum and he is no Brees!

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The argument against KC was that he came up short too many times in critical situations.
Correct!!
Unfortunately, hopeful bias, to a lesser extent a measure of desperation and perspective clouds sober evaluation. The object of the game is winning championships, there are no prizes for falling short of that goal and to that end, it is always better to evaluate a player and note that he is, what he is! No amount of hope, bias, or desperation has or will ever change that sobering reality.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny football is going to have a better NFL than Williams. He is just a less talented Kyler Murray

Now this is nonsense. Caleb Williams is a bigger version of Kyler that can actually throw the ball accurately.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some similarities between Williams n Manziel. They both have a play with their hair on fire vibe. I think that's where it pretty much ends. That's an extremely low bar you've set for Williams. Manziel was only in the league for 2 seasons and has admitted he didn't indulge in any film study. I don't see Williams taking that same route.

Time will tell.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some similarities between Williams n Manziel. They both have a play with their hair on fire vibe. I think that's where it pretty much ends. That's an extremely low bar you've set for Williams. Manziel was only in the league for 2 seasons and has admitted he didn't indulge in any film study. I don't see Williams taking that same route.

Time will tell.

I agree because you would think people learn but Williams seems rather entitled like Manziel.

With his statements of who he will play for and wanting ownership, that scares me. I would still draft him but it scares me.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Time will tell.
I agree breed.