• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So r all you Caleb Williams haters...

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that it's a forgone conclusion that he is the guy this year and next year 2024.
Beyond that there are too many questions about him on and off of the field.

I have one hard and fast rule when it comes to this team. Without exception, Upgrade... upgrade...Upgrade!

It boggles the mind when the mantra seems to be "Good enough is good enough!"
Off field issues? Please, do tell!

Let me turn the question around to you,. What is it that you need to see from Sam in order for you to say, he’s our guy?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that it's a forgone conclusion that he is the guy this year and next year 2024.

I have one hard and fast rule when it comes to this team. Without exception, Upgrade... upgrade...Upgrade!

Well at what point do you say he is the elusive upgrade ? And do I have to spend high draft picks over and over again on the elusive elite qb ?

There is no guarantee that Williams , daniels and penix are any better then what we have , Williams could be Murray , penix could be the next injured RG3 , . I don’t know what Daniels is yet

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off field issues? Please, do tell!

Let me turn the question around to you,. What is it that you need to see from Sam in order for you to say, he’s our guy?
Paying him after the 2024 season. If this is complete rebuild the better move is trading him for more assetsOf course that also depends on drafting and grooming his replacement in 2024 which extends that rookie QB year until 2026 - 2027.

A better pedigree! Howell is what he is. I remember full well the conversations surrounding Joe Burrow and others. ONLY with this team do we see the nonsense about QB play out thusly...

When our posters see a dynamic new QB like Burrow or this year's Stroud, they seem to identify and know almost instantly that he is that guy. However, when it comes to our own QBs the worm turns into "give him time, and let's see what we really have in him!" He'll. We still have posters using that same refrain 10 games into his career.

I've answered your questions now how about answering mine?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paying him after the 2024 season. If this is complete rebuild the better move is trading him for more assetsOf course that also depends on drafting and grooming his replacement in 2024 which extends that rookie QB year until 2026 - 2027.

A better pedigree! Howell is what he is. I remember full well the conversations surrounding Joe Burrow and others. ONLY with this team do we see the nonsense about QB play out thusly...

When our posters see a dynamic new QB like Burrow or this year's Stroud, they seem to identify and know almost instantly that he is that guy. However, when it comes to our own QBs the worm turns into "give him time, and let's see what we really have in him!" He'll. We still have posters using that same refrain 10 games into his career.

Dude, you didn’t answer the question. Pedigree? What the heck does that even mean?
Let me be more specific. What traits does Sam Howell not possess today that you would need to see him improve on or develop in order for you to endorse Sam as our quarterback to build around.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at what point do you say he is the elusive upgrade ? And do I have to spend high draft picks over and over again on the elusive elite qb ?

There is no guarantee that Williams , daniels and penix are any better then what we have , Williams could be Murray , penix could be the next injured RG3 , . I don’t know what Daniels is yet
I'll say it now... Sam Howell is a definitive upgrade over Heinicke and Wince.!

I can also say that any of those 3 guys are already a better prospect than Sam Howell ever was.
We've had these conversations before about QB and responsibilities in developing them.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, and I didn’t see a question, I must have missed it.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it now... Sam Howell is a definitive upgrade over Heinicke and Wince.!

I can also say that any of those 3 guys are already a better prospect than Sam Howell ever was.
We've had these conversations before about QB and responsibilities in developing them.
Yeah, but Sam is no longer a prospect, he’s unknown quantity. There’s value in that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you didn’t answer the question. Pedigree? What the heck does that even mean?
Let me be more specific. What traits does Sam Howell not possess today that you would need to see him improve on or develop in order for you to endorse Sam as our quarterback to build around.
None, he's an upgrade over what was previously here, but he is what he is, so I don't believe that he can do anything beyond what he's currently doing to gain such an endorsement.

If this team is going to continue to field players like TM as a WR1, TE s like Thomas, and the running backs that they usually do then they are going to require a QB that makes them better on the field. If the plan is going to be Sam Howell then they have to get a true WR1, upgrades at TE and speedier more versatile running backs. Take your pick!

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Sam is no longer a prospect, he’s unknown quantity. There’s value in that.
If that's true, then why are so many on this board still beating that... "Let's continue to see what we really have in him?" Mantra

(I'm assuming that you meant "known quantity")

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I didn’t see a question, I must have missed it.
Didn't you write that you wanted to turn the question around on me?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so. He's not small at 220 pounds, but he's not big either at 6"1'. He certainly has the skill-set. The NFL QBs I'd compare him to are Mahomes and Allen. I don;t know if he has as big a arm as Allen or Mahomes, but he has enough arm to make all the throws and like those two he can throw from weird angles and on the run. If anything his biggest issue might be staying on script in the NFL.

He got a little more flustered than I would like to see from a QB against ND, but at the same time. That's the only game this season they were out before the 4th quarter.
He reminds me more of Russel Wilson than Mahomes or especially Allen. Both on and off the field.

I'd still take young RW, just different styles than what I see from those other 2.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(There's a 10 minute time limit on corrections, so I missed the opportunity to add this tid bit)
There's growing
evidence that Kansas City is missing whatever contributions, big or small from EB. It is also probable that Washington is benefitting from the addition of the same.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players making that kind of money in college should do 2 things:
1. Pay another students tuition for them outright.
2. Pay every teammate an equal amount ($15K) who is on the team.
I don't know enough about Williams home situation, how he grew up etc to co-sign that. And while I don't know enough about Arch Manning's situation. I'll take the leap n say he could probably do that w/o having to worry about any reprecussions.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reminds me more of Russel Wilson than Mahomes or especially Allen. Both on and off the field.

I'd still take young RW, just different styles than what I see from those other 2.
Wilson was a better runner in his heyday, but I can see the comparison.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(There's a 10 minute time limit on corrections, so I missed the opportunity to add this tid bit)
There's growing
evidence that Kansas City is missing whatever contributions, big or small from EB. It is also probable that Washington is benefitting from the addition of the same.
There's validity for sure in that opinion. If not for the WTF INT to end the 1st half. The Skins probably hit the 30 point mark again.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What off the field questions are there?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why anybody would advocate trading Howell now. He’s pit up 3 striaght 300+ yard games, lit up the 8-1 Eagles twice, and passes “the look” test.

Draft some olinemen, a wr that can catch (not brown), a playmaking TE, and call it a day on offense.