• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So r all you Caleb Williams haters...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the 2.5 million you say the NFL will have to address because it would tear down that illusion of the equal playing field. That 2.5 million? Arch Manning reportedly will earn over 3.5 million while in college

Equal playing field motto? WTF is that? If the NFL wants to address something concerning equal footing. It should be why are certain teams seemingly incapable of pulling their head out their asses. Why have teams like the Skins, Bears, Browns n Raiders been crappy teams for the vast majority of the last 30 years. And how come when they do experience a rare good season IE win 10 or more games. They never maintain it n slither right back to the muck.

Arch will make plenty in college but the rookie scale goes up annually.

As for the equality point, think the garbage equity arguments of today. Some people are just better at saving money and making money. Some people are just better at building football teams and some players are just better while being coached better. Equal opportunity…not equal outcome.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Williams has all the talent in the world.

The problem seems to be attitude.

He has not denied the fact that reports are saying he will only accept being drafted by 5 teams.

Also, he wants to be a minority owner of the team that drafts him per reports.

Combine that with the comments his father has made about making more money in college and I have concerns.

These could all be false rumors, but williams has not denied them at all.
It’s also not his job to deny all of the rumors. He’s a college kid. And any reporter asking about that stuff is an asshole.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s also not his job to deny all of the rumors. He’s a college kid. And any reporter asking about that stuff is an asshole.
He can get out in front of it now or in the interview process.

Common sense says you shut something down that puts your future at stake.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can get out in front of it now or in the interview process.

Common sense says you shut something down that puts your future at stake.
I think Caleb is more worried about the bears drafting him than how his character is being perceived at the moment. His whole schtick this year seems to be in order to scare off teams that are consistently terrible. He might think it’ll work out for him like it worked out for Jalen Carter.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol
6 days ago you would take Bo Nix in the first

as the wind blows and it changes directions in the country often

onward
Heh.
Arch will make plenty in college but the rookie scale goes up annually.

As for the equality point, think the garbage equity arguments of today. Some people are just better at saving money and making money. Some people are just better at building football teams and some players are just better while being coached better. Equal opportunity…not equal outcome.
True far as saving money, better players, but that's not the whole of it all all of it.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 3 QBs in this upcoming draft are;
1. Caleb Williams
2. Jayden Daniels
3. Mike Penix
I purposely choose Penix as the target for this team because I figured the other two would either be gone or too expensive to move up to get. That said, if Caleb goes #1 overall, and Washington has the choice between the other two, they must select Daniels over Penix!!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 3 QBs in this upcoming draft are;
1. Caleb Williams
2. Jayden Daniels
3. Mike Penix
I purposely choose Penix as the target for this team because I figured the other two would either be gone or too expensive to move up to get. That said, if Caleb goes #1 overall, and Washington has the choice between the other two, they must select Daniels over Penix!!
Are you proposing we take a QB with our number one pick?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you proposing we take a QB with our number one pick?
Yep! but ONLY if we can get one of these three! I seriously doubt that any of them make it to 13 ( our current selection)

In fact, for the next 5-6 drafts, I'm also in favor of putting a moratorium on trading down in round one!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep! but ONLY if we can get one of these three! I seriously doubt that any of them make it to 13 ( our current selection)

In fact, for the next 5-6 drafts, I'm also in favor of putting a moratorium on trading down in round one!
I don’t see Daniels as a 1st rounder and he mocks as anywhere from 2nd round to 4th
So I am good with him there .
If Sam is trending like he is now then for me QB is off the table in round 1 for me
If there is a good trade market for him then he should be good enough for us
Now that doesn’t mean new ownership see’s it that way

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see Daniels as a 1st rounder and he mocks as anywhere from 2nd round to 4th
If Sam is trending like he is now then for me QB is off the table in round 1 for me
New ownership sees Howell as the future

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have to disagree on Daniels... that dude is putting up numbers at LSU matching and sometimes exceeding those of Burrows. He is right now a top three Heisman candidate. That said, I will check out the mocks suggesting that he rates into round 2.

Maybe, I'll start a thread on this question... what exactly are you waiting to see more of Howell? I see a lot of people still suggesting that we continue to see what we have in him and I'm curious as to what that could be?

The team spent a 5th on him, it would be an excellent ROI if they got a early to mid second for him in 2025. Outstanding if they got a first! (Gotta keep him for the upcoming season, 2024 to make it all work)

What are your thoughts? Rebuild or Retool With the new owners? I'm leaning heavily towards, with few exceptions, removing all traces of the previous ownership/management clusterfuck that was/is. ( So, it's a Rebuild from my perspective)

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have to disagree on Daniels... that dude is putting up numbers at LSU matching and sometimes exceeding those of Burrows. He is right now a top three Heisman candidate. That said, I will check out the mocks suggesting that he rates into round 2.

Maybe, I'll start a thread on this question... what exactly are you waiting to see more of Howell? I see a lot of people still suggesting that we continue to see what we have in him and I'm curious as to what that could be?

The team spent a 5th on him, it would be an excellent ROI if they got a early to mid second for him in 2025. Outstanding if they got a first! (Gotta keep him for the upcoming season, 2024 to make it all work)

What are your thoughts? Rebuild or Retool With the new owners? I'm leaning heavily towards, with few exceptions, removing all traces of the previous ownership/management clusterfuck that was/is. ( So, it's a Rebuild from my perspective)

I watched Daniels against Alabama and was very impressed. I like him a lot. He reminds me of an accurate Lamar Jackson.

I said a while back I am a fan of Sam Howell. I see him as a mix between Brady and Favre. That being said, I am not against the idea of building up his value and trading him. The Chargers did that with Brees and Rivers.

The obvious risk to this is SH continues to play well and Daniels falls on his face.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Daniels against Alabama and was very impressed. I like him a lot. He reminds me of an accurate Lamar Jackson.

I said a while back I am a fan of Sam Howell. I see him as a mix between Brady and Favre. That being said, I am not against the idea of building up his value and trading him. The Chargers did that with Brees and Rivers.

The obvious risk to this is SH continues to play well and Daniels falls on his face.
Thanks! I'll tamp down my beliefs in getting well above average competence with the new management team.
My strategy does assume a level of competency not seen in these parts since the SB Era.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should roll with Howell but we will see how he does vs some more good teams

I don’t think it’s good drafting to spin wheels on a qb early if you have one . I think we have one but perhaps he isn’t sexy enough

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the 2.5 million you say the NFL will have to address because it would tear down that illusion of the equal playing field. That 2.5 million? Arch Manning reportedly will earn over 3.5 million while in college

Equal playing field motto? WTF is that? If the NFL wants to address something concerning equal footing. It should be why are certain teams seemingly incapable of pulling their head out their asses. Why have teams like the Skins, Bears, Browns n Raiders been crappy teams for the vast majority of the last 30 years. And how come when they do experience a rare good season IE win 10 or more games. They never maintain it n slither right back to the muck.
The players making that kind of money in college should do 2 things:
1. Pay another students tuition for them outright.
2. Pay every teammate an equal amount ($15K) who is on the team.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players making that kind of money in college should do 2 things:
1. Pay another students tuition for them outright.
2. Pay every teammate an equal amount ($15K) who is on the team.

This is brilliant. I also think this needs to be incorporated in the NFL. Everybody gets paid the same.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penix has been by farrrrrr the best QB in college football this year

And imo he's also the most pro ready

There's no upside for a team like Washington to trade up for a guy like Williams. Sure he has a high ceiling but his floor is lower than Penix or Maye because he's careless with the ball to the extreme and a huge part of his game is improv plays that he extend in college that are highly unlikely to occur in the NFL

I have no issue with drafting him if he's there when your team picks but this class is good enough at QB that you don't need to give up valuable assets to go get him

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should roll with Howell but we will see how he does vs some more good teams

I don’t think it’s good drafting to spin wheels on a qb early if you have one . I think we have one but perhaps he isn’t sexy enough
What does "sexy" have to do with this?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this kid have to do to get considered the guy for us ?
I think that it's a forgone conclusion that he is the guy this year and next year 2024.
Beyond that there are too many questions about him on and off of the field.

I have one hard and fast rule when it comes to this team. Without exception, Upgrade... upgrade...Upgrade!

It boggles the mind when the mantra seems to be "Good enough is good enough!"