• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So how are people liking Kelly's plan so far?

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given all the expectations....

G

greenwing

I like the Maxwell signing. other than that i have not been too impressed. Im getting used to the McCoy trade but I don't think replacing McCoy with a rapidly aging Gore was even close to the answer. letting Maclin walk has made me sick to my stomach. So overall im not impressed but waiting for things to unravel before i pass final judgment

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...the only downside for me so far is losing maclin. Other than that... Pretty much what I expected.

Can't judge till we know who's actually on the team. Of course some could if they just feel like whining over the unknown.

To be fair the McCoy thing was a little surprising but we knew there was a potential issue brewing with him and his salary.

All the feelings over maclin leaving is curious as I remember many of our fans didn't think he was that important a year ago.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incomplete, trending down though. Losing Maclin really hurts.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dust hasn't settled, not close. But right now, based on what we know, I am pretty worried.

I think it looks like he made some mistakes, underestimated the value of guys like Maclin on the open market, signed a 31 year old running back---ugh....

I am starting to worry Chip will crap the bed in free agency, miss on Mariota and go back to college next season.

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still too early. Some people are already getting blisters from all the hand wringing.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't figure the guy out, is he trying to build a perennial SB contender or a year to year patchwork team. Signing a 10 year 32 yo RB with 2500 carries signals one direction, trying to get Mariota sends another one. So far, I've seen DJax, McCoy, and Maclin leave town replaced by a young LB who's already suffered two ACL operations. I would be very concerned. Not sure if it was Roseman or CK who was responsible for drafting Smith last year, but whoever it was, I'd hope they weren't involved in this years draft.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure they knew that Maclin was going go test Free Agency. Chip let Djax go and Maclin was able to replace his production. If we put Jordan Mathews at the #1 spot he can probably get 1,300 yards and 10 touchdowns. I for one am very happy to have Gore. His is a good short term solution. Not only for his experience but his leadership.

It is way too early to tell what is going on so I am going to sit back and enjoy the ride. At this point, I do not see us a worse team than last year. With Maxwell we are probably already better!

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found some live footage of Chip's offseason plans....

vet3.jpg

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I was wondering when some of the souls that previously populated this board before we got here would show up.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well someone's feeling his oats today :thumb:

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kiko's 2 ACL operations are a negative for bringing him in, shouldn't that also stand to reason as a positive for not signing Maclin to a long-term deal? And what about Shady's concussions?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone is aware that KC is giving Maclin 11 million per. That is way too much. Good for Maclin for stealing money from KC. I'm willing to bet he doesn't put up numbers like he did here last season in KC. We will find WRs that will produce in Chip's system. I'm more concerned fixing our defense. I'm also worried about giving up all these picks to get MM. I don't think we have the luxury to throw away much needed picks to fill one position. MM can't throw, catch, tackle, and play ST by himself. I'll wait and judge after FA.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone is aware that KC is giving Maclin 11 million per. That is way too much. Good for Maclin for stealing money from KC. I'm willing to bet he doesn't put up numbers like he did here last season in KC. We will find WRs that will produce in Chip's system. I'm more concerned fixing our defense. I'm also worried about giving up all these picks to get MM. I don't think we have the luxury to throw away much needed picks to fill one position. MM can't throw, catch, tackle, and play ST by himself. I'll wait and judge after FA.

Much like the Eagles were willing to over pay for a top CB, KC's WRs were awful

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Stephen A likes his plan so far. Somehow he's a racist for getting rid of McCoy and Jackson and Maclin choosing to go home. Just ignore those two FA signings of Gore and Maxwell... WTF.... How does this guy still have a job on tv? :burt:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone is aware that KC is giving Maclin 11 million per. That is way too much.

We will find WRs that will produce in Chip's system. I'm more concerned fixing our defense.

1) No it's not. That what he costs.

2) Getting by with lesser talents at WR is a different thing altogether, and if that's true I question why Chip has to use top picks on them?? Especially when it hurts the rest of the team to get rid of producing WRs and spend an early draft pick on a position that was already accounted for instead of one of the many holes.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Stephen A likes his plan so far. Somehow he's a racist for getting rid of McCoy and Jackson and Maclin choosing to go home. Just ignore those two FA signings of Gore and Maxwell... WTF.... How does this guy still have a job on tv? :burt:

We do have the whitest team in the league. Riley Cooper and Brian Hartline would be a super duper combo.:cheer2:

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly is easy to read at this point. By dumping salary he can pick up free agent D- Backs and sign them in place of drafting defensive backs. This will enable him to trade all and any draft picks to get Mariotta. Kelly has a fixation on Mariotta. I wonder if it would be the same if he had not been a Duck. Maclin is just a by-product of Kellys quest to get Mariotta Foles is a better QB than most make him out to be. I hope he gets traded to a team that will appreciate him. I find it amazing that Sanchez got a new 2 year contract from the Eagles after he hurt us last season. Kelly has a plan for the future but is it the right one! I have my doubts! Too much Ego involved!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly is easy to read at this point. By dumping salary he can pick up free agent D- Backs and sign them in place of drafting defensive backs. This will enable him to trade all and any draft picks to get Mariotta. Kelly has a fixation on Mariotta. I wonder if it would be the same if he had not been a Duck. Maclin is just a by-product of Kellys quest to get Mariotta. Foles is a better QB than most make him out to be. I hope he gets traded to a team that will appreciate him. I find it amazing that Sanchez got a new 2 year contract from the Eagles after he hurt us last season. Kelly has a plan for the future but is it the right one! I have my doubts! Too much Ego involved!