• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So how are people liking Kelly's plan so far?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do have the whitest team in the league. Riley Cooper and Brian Hartline would be a super duper combo.:cheer2:
Wtf??? Every single player the Eagles have been targeting is black... Stop listening to Stephen Asshole Smith.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf??? Every single player the Eagles have been targeting is black... Stop listening to Stephen Asshole Smith.

Hey now I said that before I heard that Stephen A said something similar.

It's fact that we're the whitest. I'm not saying that's bad or anything and I don't care at all if he is. The Champion Pats are the 2nd whitest I believe.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A Smith is an absolute tool.

As far as the plan so far….I like everything except letting Maclin walk and rumors about trading Kendricks. I'll wait to let it all unravel first.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incomplete, trending down though. Losing Maclin really hurts.
This is where I am leaning but we need to see this through before making final judgement.

Gore; Ok but nothing more than stop gap.
Maxwell; top CB available and over-paid but that was expected.
Graham; thought he'd be gone but he came back at a reasonable $ and he wasn't the #1 choice, meh.
Alonso; if he is healthy I am OK with the trade-off but I would like better than Gore.
Maclin; this hurts but he wanted too much and didn't really want to stay.

No safety and journeymen CB at the #2 spot.

In theory I like how the plan started (cutting over-paid players and signing top replacements) but it appears to me that Chip got out maneuvered and didn't have a fully thought out plan B. Lets see what else happens.

Green Head

Formally Cape May Eagle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone is aware that KC is giving Maclin 11 million per. That is way too much. Good for Maclin for stealing money from KC. I'm willing to bet he doesn't put up numbers like he did here last season in KC. We will find WRs that will produce in Chip's system. I'm more concerned fixing our defense. I'm also worried about giving up all these picks to get MM. I don't think we have the luxury to throw away much needed picks to fill one position. MM can't throw, catch, tackle, and play ST by himself. I'll wait and judge after FA.
No doubt! Maclin has never proved to me he is worth 11 mil. I mean yeah, he had a breakout season last year, but the guy was questionable. I am sure the Eagles wanted to keep Maclin, but he found his money. I also heard the Giants were making a run on him also. I liked Maclin to, but I think there are other plans.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Poulian who I respect for his insight was making this situation easier for us to understand what he thinks Chip's plans are. Basically he was saying Maclin is a much better fit in Reid's WCO than Chip's offensive style. So we saved money here. As for Shady, he was saying Sproles provides the speed and finesse type and Gore is a bruising north, south type of RB. Anyway, to me it gave me a little bit of assurance and hope that this isn't going to blow up in our face.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL well we just lost gore so the plan is getting worse by the day... :L

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL well we just lost gore so the plan is getting worse by the day... :L
Yep and you are so willing to surrender all of our picks for one guy MM. This franchise could very well run south quickly. The least of my worries is MM.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and you are so willing to surrender all of our picks for one guy MM. This franchise could very well run south quickly. The least of my worries is MM.
Mall I believe every new coach should have the QB of his choice, and clearly Foles was not Chips choice. Chip clearly feels retricted with Foles, therefore we can't feel the full impact of the Chip Kelly playbook. Well, he is showing us he will build that defense, so he can go get his guy MM, and unleash that playbook on the league, just my take bro, don't hate.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mall I believe every new coach should have the QB of his choice, and clearly Foles was not Chips choice. Chip clearly feels retricted with Foles, therefore we can't feel the full impact of the Chip Kelly playbook. Well, he is showing us he will build that defense, so he can go get his guy MM, and unleash that playbook on the league, just my take bro, don't hate.
I'm not hating. Like I said, I've accepted the fact Foles is history. My main concern is that the Eagles don't have the luxury of giving up their picks to move up to get his guy. Some of the targets in FA are gone to other teams. To me it sounds like the plan backfired. We still need to address these holes before worrying about moving up to the top 5 in the draft. Btw, do we really even know if Chip is all in on MM or is this a smokescreen for another guy? Chip can hide his hand better than Andy Reid IMO. I'll feel better when things start to fall into place. Ego aside, Chip is very bright and I can't imagine him being so stubborn to just sit on one guy MM. Just my gut Wings. Let's have a beer bro!

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not hating. Like I said, I've accepted the fact Foles is history. My main concern is that the Eagles don't have the luxury of giving up their picks to move up to get his guy. Some of the targets in FA are gone to other teams. To me it sounds like the plan backfired. We still need to address these holes before worrying about moving up to the top 5 in the draft. Btw, do we really even know if Chip is all in on MM or is this a smokescreen for another guy? Chip can hide his hand better than Andy Reid IMO. I'll feel better when things start to fall into place. Ego aside, Chip is very bright and I can't imagine him being so stubborn to just sit on one guy MM. Just my gut Wings. Let's have a beer bro!
:suds: it's all good.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Chip has his eyes on Tramon Williams ( GB)? I'd be ok with him opposite to Maxwell. I think Revis will be back at either NE or the NYJ. Plenty of players still out there.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of 3/9/15 Chips plan is poop.

and chip moves up in the draft.. and selects.. KEVIN WHITE! please? :)

He will make any quarterback look better. Whether it's Foles or sanchez. Pair him with an improving Matthews. Big physical WR's. Mmmmmmm

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Chip has his eyes on Tramon Williams ( GB)? I'd be ok with him opposite to Maxwell. I think Revis will be back at either NE or the NYJ. Plenty of players still out there.

can't take credit for this one - read it somewhere else...

how about GB Davon House and have a Maxwell/House "good 'til the last drop" corner pair? :)

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found some live footage of Chip's offseason plans....

vet3.jpg

Called it yesterday :L

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I am wondering whether some voodoo-chief had the spirit of Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones take over Chip Kelly.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I just wish the offseason would be canceled starting now, no trades allowed, no more signings. Just the draft and then we would be assured of having a real QB instead of some running idiot back there.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to re-ask the question.

How are we liking the plan so far?