• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skip Bayless: Talib is better than Sherman

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But moss still opened him up significantly. He may not have put up the numbers, but Moss was every bit as valuable in '08 as he was in '07 IMO. Teams consistently rotated their coverages hugely in Moss's direction. Making teams do that so other guys get open is as important to a decent offense as putting up the stats is.

I understand that...I am not trying to take away from what Moss did in that season and yes his being on the field helped Welker out but I would say Welker helped Moss as well at times as teams had to respect Welker coming over the middle.

I think I should clear something up from what I posted up above. I don't think Welker is a top 10 receiver but I also don't think he is just a product of having a HOF quarterback or HOF WR around him. I think he brings a special skill set to a team that has began to change the way teams not only have to play defense such as playing more out of the nickel and dime packages than the base defense and bring in specialty corners geared towards covering the slot corner but also how offenses are ran since now more teams seem to like to run out of the spread 3-wide set now more than ever. Teams are even drafting slot receivers higher in the draft than ever before shown in this last one as a slot receiver was the #1 receiver taken. I think guys like Stokley and Welker are a large part of that reason that teams are doing that now.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take stokely over Welker in a heartbeat (both in their primes). Welker drops way too many balls for me. You can't rely on him. Not really.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what Manning did when he found out the receivers he had to work with in Denver

That's funny last time I checked he passed for more TDs than ANYONE in a single season, threw what over 3,000 yards... set all records... But yeah... He is really pissed he was Welker and Decker... Yup, very pissed!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit!

A Seahawks bait thread that turned into a Broncos-Pats fight.

Is this real life?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit!

A Seahawks bait thread that turned into a Broncos-Pats fight.

Is this real life?

I was actually just thinking the same thing of how in the world did this go from Sherman vs. Talib to Welker and how good or bad he is as a receiver. Now I realize I was a part of the problem so definitely take part of the responsibility.

Now again as for the subject just don't understand how this is a debate and actually not sure I have seen anybody but the Saints fan even trying to make an argument for Talib.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bayless is a genius. He makes 500K a year and all he has to do is come up with a couple of stupid things to say per day. Pretty good salary for a well dressed court jester.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyom1TxqlJ4]steve smith fights richard sherman - YouTube[/ame]

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bayless is a genius. He makes 500K a year and all he has to do is come up with a couple of stupid things to say per day. Pretty good salary for a well dressed court jester.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many white corners are there in the NFL? None. CB is arguably the most athletically challenging position on the field. I can't see any black CB, much less one that is coached by BB, being intimidated by having to cover a white guy.

So not only are you a vapid imbecile but you are also a racist? Not a very good combo if you ask me.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All I can say is thank God I'm working where I am and don't get ESPN. Of course, I wouldn't watch First Take if they handed me a suitcase full of money. I used to tune in once in a while but Bayless is too laughable and a moron who has never played a sport in his life. This is the same guy who picks Dallas to win the NFCE year after year and usually in September calls them a SB contender. That in itself shows how little credibility he has, just like most of the talking heads on ESPN. I guess he fits right in.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is thank God I'm working where I am and don't get ESPN. Of course, I wouldn't watch First Take if they handed me a suitcase full of money. I used to tune in once in a while but Bayless is too laughable and a moron who has never played a sport in his life. This is the same guy who picks Dallas to win the NFCE year after year and usually in September calls them a SB contender. That in itself shows how little credibility he has, just like most of the talking heads on ESPN. I guess he fits right in.

Thats not true. Remember when Jalen Rose called him out on his great high school basketball career?

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip picking the Cowboys and Patriots every year is almost as bad as when Berman used to pick the Niners and Bills every year in the 90s.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to believe Skip actually has real opinions. I have to believe he just a character that comes up with ridiculous thoughts for ratings. He has said multiple times that Tim Tebow is a good NFL QB and that he would take him over Andrew Luck. I simply refuse to believe his thoughts are anything more then a staged act.
Plus Sherman punked him on the show almost a year ago no I am not surprised anyway.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip picking the Cowboys and Patriots .
He has at least been consistent with that thought I guess. Picks Brady over Manning, picked Blount over Lynch this weekend and now Talib over Sherman.