• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skip Bayless: Talib is better than Sherman

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have 5 or 6. Talib shuts down D Thomas that only leaves two white WRs and a young TE for the Pats to cover in a nickle package with 4 free DBs. And young OLB Collins might shut down young TE J Thomas by himself.

Well, if you've already got it all figured out I don't see why there's a need to play the game. Just hand the brady bunch the lamar hunt trophy right now, because according to this post, Manning won't be able to complete one pass because all those 'white' WRs are too slow and Talib/Collins are the second coming of Prime and Brian fucking Urlacher

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why do you keeping doing it? Go to AA and start exercising for starters

I'm not the one that thinks Denver doesn't have any good receivers.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just say Welker and Decker instead of two white WR's? The wording just seems odd and vaguely like you are suggesting the quality of WR play is influenced by color. Maybe I'm too sensitive, but it seemed an odd way of phrasing it.

How many white corners are there in the NFL? None. CB is arguably the most athletically challenging position on the field. I can't see any black CB, much less one that is coached by BB, being intimidated by having to cover a white guy.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many white corners are there in the NFL? None. CB is arguably the most athletically challenging position on the field. I can't see any black CB, much less one that is coached by BB, being intimidated by having to cover a white guy.

I couldn't give a shit if the CB was black/white/red/yellow/green/blue/silver/amber any NFL WR is hard to cover. Not to mention one of the so called unintimidating WRs has been the dominant slot player over the last 6 years. But if you are basing any argument off of race, you've already lost.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't give a shit if the CB was black/white/red/yellow/green/blue/silver/amber any NFL WR is hard to cover. Not to mention one of the so called unintimidating WRs has been the dominant slot player over the last 6 years. But if you are basing any argument off of race, you've already lost.

Put Welker on a team without Manning, Brady or Moss and let's see how "dominant" he is

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Welker on a team without Manning, Brady or Moss and let's see how "dominant" he is

You realize that certain receivers have certain skill sets right and that in certain types of offenses they can excel but in others they would fail right? You are right with certain quarterbacks Welker would most likely not be as successful as he is with Brady and Manning. Now given there are not many to possibly any receivers that you couldn't say the same thing about. Welker though works well with quarterbacks like Brady and Manning because when they walk up to the line of scrimmage the play changes more times than not based on the defense before them. This then means you need receivers that can intelligently see exactly what you as the quarterback are seeing and go to the spot they are expecting. There are not many receivers in this league that can do that as consistently as Welker can. Throw in he has deceptive first step speed that is ideal for a slot receiver to get open over the middle quickly. There are reasons so many more teams are looking for slot receivers and one of those is because of what Welker has done in the NFL.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He played over 2 and a half seasons in New England without Randy Moss and he was pretty dominant then.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All white receivers suck because they are white. -tshirt

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Matt Cassel started every game in 2008 for the Patriots. Wanna know Welker's number? 111 catches for 1,165 yards. But obviously that is because of the greatness that is Matt Cassel, right?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Matt Cassel started every game in 2008 for the Patriots. Wanna know Welker's number? 111 catches for 1,165 yards. But obviously that is because of the greatness that is Matt Cassel, right?

:agree: I was just about to post that. Very good point!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it up to t-shirt to ruin another thread

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Skip doesn't even believe that.

But it certainly appears that he has achieved his desired goal in saying it.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All white receivers suck because they are white. -tshirt

look at Brian Hartline of Ohio State - 1,000 yd WR this season with a scrub QB. Think if he played for Manning or Brady.

Yahoo Sports, Oct 11, 2012
"Dolphins teammates think Brian Hartline is underrated because he's white."

and think how good Riley Cooper of Florida would be with Manning or Brady. He caught for 835 this season and only had about half a season with Foles (a young QB anyway)

Last edited by a moderator:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now I understand why you post alot of pictures. Because things go bad when you use your words.

Why not just say ..'take away one of his arms and see how "dominant" he is." Good Lord.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at Brian Hartline of Ohio State - 1,000 yd WR this season with a scrub QB. Think if he played for Manning or Brady.

Yahoo Sports, Oct 11, 2012
"Dolphins teammates think Brian Hartline is underrated because he's white."

and think how good Riley Cooper of Florida would be with Manning or Brady. He caught for 835 this season and only had about half a season with Foles (a young QB anyway)

So you are just going to ignore the fact that somebody posted his stats with Matt Cassel? Good for you ignoring anybody that posts anything that proves you have no idea what you are talking about. You are well on your way to becoming the top troll on these boards.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just loves the attention of disrespecting Sherman. Ever since he was correctly called out for "IDK who this guy is" (You're a sportswriter and aren't even remotely familiar with a guy playing at an all-pro level? Really?), he's had a thing for Sherman.

I do think Talib has played very impressive football when he was healthy at the beginning of the year, maybe even close to Sherman's level, but he hasn't been healthy the whole year. He hasn't played at that level when he was banged up. He doesn't have a long track record of playing at that level.

You can't compare part of a season to a guy who's been doing it consistently for a couple of years now.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are just going to ignore the fact that somebody posted his stats with Matt Cassel? Good for you ignoring anybody that posts anything that proves you have no idea what you are talking about. You are well on your way to becoming the top troll on these boards.

He did still have Moss drawing a lot of attention on an extremely stacked offense that year.

I'm not saying he sucks or anything, because he's good at what he does, but he's a slot guy. If he is more than that to your offense, your offense is far too easy to expose.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are just going to ignore the fact that somebody posted his stats with Matt Cassel?

haven't gotten a chance to read the thread, been away for a while. The year Welker has Matt Cassel at QB, he had the best WR of his era in Randy Moss taking away coverage from him. Like I said, put Welker without Brady or Moss and let's see how he does.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib is an outstanding CB but I don't think there is much of a case that there is any CB in the NFL better than Richard Sherman right now.

Not only is Sherman the best cover corner in the NFL, but he has 8 picks in two straight years. He locks down his man and has the ability to go up and pick the ball off in the air due to his size and background as a WR in Stanford.

Sherman is a special talent and one of the best defensive players in the NFL.