• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

signing day is coming!!!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Taylor played linebacker this past season in prep school, but I am not sure he will be looked at there for the Hokies. Foster will certainly give his measurables and times a look, but I think they like him as a long, lean end. Reeves (one of our 17 tight end recruits:rolleyes:) was recruited as a linebacker by some teams as well.

It has been a rough week, BTW:

Grooms to Miami
Smith to Georgia Tech

Not surprised @ all by grooms, it sounded like he was waiting on Miami from the start <-------FWIW:much like the wasonga kid has been waiting on us.

I look for Demontavious to be a name we will here a lot over the next 4-5 years. He should fit very nice in their offense, another case of the home town team winning out + GT is basically the only school that could use him as a QB.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to hit 2012 hard. I really like the guys we got this year, but we got the "few scholarships" excuse too often, and now I feel we are scrambling a bit. I don't know. I like the guys we got a lot, I just think we could have a few more (guys like grooms or wasonga) if we had just jumped in earlier.

We have been a bit more aggressive so far which i like. Let's lock down those warren central and hd woodson guys and get the ball rolling!!!

A lot of visits this weekend, so I expect a bit of momentum.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to hit 2012 hard. I really like the guys we got this year, but we got the "few scholarships" excuse too often, and now I feel we are scrambling a bit. I don't know. I like the guys we got a lot, I just think we could have a few more (guys like grooms or wasonga) if we had just jumped in earlier.

We have been a bit more aggressive so far which i like. Let's lock down those warren central and hd woodson guys and get the ball rolling!!!

A lot of visits this weekend, so I expect a bit of momentum.

Looks like we are trying to get in late on another...
Scout.com: Sam Collura Profile
Doubt we will beat out TE U if they offer. Can't expect to get many of these kids if we have only recruited them for a couple months. I agree with you 46. VT needs to start of 2012 strong. Maybe with some luck we can finish with 1 or 2 solid commits between this kid, Lockhart, and Anthony.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this to be a pretty awesome quote from incoming defensive back, Adeboye Aromire. He was asked why he chose VT over numerous other offers and he said:

"Well, honestly, I know Virginia Tech doesn't need me. I'm always a little cautious when you hear these recruiters telling you how much they "need" you. I'm pretty sure that if they're saying that to me, they're saying that to everybody. All these program have very talented players, so, I doubt Virginia Tech really "needs" me. What really made an impact on me is that I could tell they "wanted" me. There's a big difference. Coach Sherman, Coach Gray, Coach Beamer...all of them. They genuine guys and they never came at me like "we gotta have you." It was always, we really you to be a part of us. Join the family, so to speak, and I really liked that approach. I know Virginia Tech football doesn't need me. They send players to their secondary left and right. I'm really excited to be playing in Coach Foster's defense. And I'm excited to learn under Coach Gray. He played at Virginia Tech and he played in the NFL. Also, with Rock Carmichael leaving the boundary corner, I think I'll have a chance to complete for playing time. If you're a defensive back, you want to play football at Virginia Tech."

Man, talk about a level headed and grounded kid that completely "gets it". This is why his final 3 were Beamer, Friedgen and Zook and he crossed jagoffs like Butch Davis off of his list early.

I already like what this kid is all about. He sees through the bullshit and comes to play.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
FWIW: Everything i've read on HH and through google seems like wasonga really wants to get a VT offer. If there isnt grade or attitude issues i cant understand why we dont offer.
Also: If you guys havnt already seen it we are recruiting yet another TE.
http://rutgers.scout.com/a.z?s=183&p=8&c=1&nid=4617858

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I found this to be a pretty awesome quote from incoming defensive back, Adeboye Aromire. He was asked why he chose VT over numerous other offers and he said:

"Well, honestly, I know Virginia Tech doesn't need me. I'm always a little cautious when you hear these recruiters telling you how much they "need" you. I'm pretty sure that if they're saying that to me, they're saying that to everybody. All these program have very talented players, so, I doubt Virginia Tech really "needs" me. What really made an impact on me is that I could tell they "wanted" me. There's a big difference. Coach Sherman, Coach Gray, Coach Beamer...all of them. They genuine guys and they never came at me like "we gotta have you." It was always, we really you to be a part of us. Join the family, so to speak, and I really liked that approach. I know Virginia Tech football doesn't need me. They send players to their secondary left and right. I'm really excited to be playing in Coach Foster's defense. And I'm excited to learn under Coach Gray. He played at Virginia Tech and he played in the NFL. Also, with Rock Carmichael leaving the boundary corner, I think I'll have a chance to complete for playing time. If you're a defensive back, you want to play football at Virginia Tech."

Man, talk about a level headed and grounded kid that completely "gets it". This is why his final 3 were Beamer, Friedgen and Zook and he crossed jagoffs like Butch Davis off of his list early.

I already like what this kid is all about. He sees through the bullshit and comes to play.

Love this article and really love this type of kid. Sounds like he really looked @ facts and ignored the hype.
Honestly i think this really explains a lot about what happens with a lot of kids that dont come here. Although i love this approach i wonder how "feeling needed" played into the recruitment of curtis grant or hughes? As sad as it is to say, i think a lot of kids want to hear how great they are and nothing else. A lot of programs are willing to sell them that & our staff continues to be honest. While i do think there needs to be some changes made to our recruiting philosophy, it makes me proud to say that we dont fill kids with BS to get them either.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for this 46. Really enjoyed reading that. Also, thanks to all you guys for the recruiting info. Glad to have a good number of Hokies on this board. Just wish I was a little more up on the recruiting end of things to contribute more here.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW: Everything i've read on HH and through google seems like wasonga really wants to get a VT offer. If there isnt grade or attitude issues i cant understand why we dont offer.
Also: If you guys havnt already seen it we are recruiting yet another TE.
Scout.com: Ryan Malleck Profile

There may be another guy on our radar as well. Nothing official yet, but he is not happy at his current school, with a coaching change happening. How many decommitts do we have coming in already, damn...

Farrow
Redman
Jarrett
Marquise Wi(never mind:L)
and now another potential guy....

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There may be another guy on our radar as well. Nothing official yet, but he is not happy at his current school, with a coaching change happening. How many decommitts do we have coming in already, damn...

Farrow
Redman
Jarrett
Marquise Wi(never mind:L)
and now another potential guy....

I think I heard the same thing you are are referring to. A poster on TSL posted it about a Bill Roth interview, although Chris Colmeman denounced the notion, saying he heard otherwise.

If we're on the same page, then I'm very interested in this development. Like you said nothing official, but interesting nonetheless.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I didnt hear the interview but i think its interesting that the mods of other sites are so quick to shoot down the word of Bill Roth. Not saying for sure that anything has happened or going to happen, but i wouldnt be so quick to discredit a man that has close personal contact with our staff on a regular basis. <------ prob a lot closer than any other source.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If you guys are talking about the Stanford guy, I have beard mixed messages. I have heard more concrete stuff on the Pitt/former Pitt guy who is tight with Jarrett.

46 are you talking about the TE or is there a RB from pitt?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
RB. I have not seen anything on any by site but it has been talker about up here in Pittsburgh. He is currently a very soft Cincinnati commit but unhappy. Rivals 4 star. Name escapes me. Begins with a P.

is it Jamil/jameel poteat?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Dont know how good the source is so take it FWIW but i've heard that he rushed into things after Pitt fell apart and isnt exactly sold on playing in the Cincy offense...

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you guys are talking about the Stanford guy, I have beard mixed messages. I have heard more concrete stuff on the Pitt/former Pitt guy who is tight with Jarrett.

Yeah it looks like pure speculation on the part of some posters. They saw that Wiles was in Indiana (visiting Harley) and thought they may be visiting the RB at Fort Wayne. That doesn't appear to be the case though.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sounds like grooms will not be visiting this weekend.<--@ the urging of miami.

i guess the idea of being a lifelong backup or playing a position he's never played was to much for him to pass up.

46___ hearing anything else about poteat? FWIW: I talked to a guy on another board yesterday who said he thinks poteat would most likely be willing to listen to any offers that come his way, but that time is quickly becoming a factor.