• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

signing day is coming!!!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said 46. It does hurt to lose the linebackers, especially Hughes IMO. For some reason I feel like Grant not even giving us a look is a bit of a slap in the face. I guess he has his reasons. I understand he is a nationally recruited player with exceptional talent, but hey, I don't feel like he is too good to give us a look, visit, something. I do hope we end up with Anthony with a last second surprise. I think he will end up being the best of the 3. I'm with you on Thourougood. I believe he was injured part of this season in HS?? He didn't make the 757 area 1st or 2nd team. If he wants to play early and often, then he is welcome to go to the SEC doormat in Vandy where he may win a dozen games in his career. I try to feel like losing the linemen is partly because we have some up and coming guys who hopefully will be good for us, but I think it is something more. It is a well known fact that in the past 5 years (since Newsome was hired) VT has sent very few linemen to the league. That has to play in some of these recruits' minds. I don't think Newsome knows how to develop these guys into what they could be. The ones that did make it, made it because of exceptional athleticism and size, not because Newsome got them there(Wang, Brown).

Thanks Sparks,

I am more of a long term view type of fan.

I think that some "heart on their sleeves" fans forget way too quickly about the prior year recruiting when evaluating the current. We have some serious young talent at linebacker. Chase Williams would have played this season if not for an injury. Tariq Edwards could play backer or whip. Brian Laiti is a prototypical Mike. Dominque Patterson is a Whip as well. All of these guys (sans Edwards) have 4 years of eligibility left. Bruce has 2 as well.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with 46. I try to look at the long-term, but admit I get upset when we lose out on top in-state talent, especially on defense.
I think fans have their shorts in a wad because of all the recruiting misses this summer to UNC, followed up with two straight losses. Then we felt better about ourselves the rest of the season until The Orange Bowl. We've followed that up with more misses on the recruiting trail, which has led to the "Sky is Falling" mentality.
I'll still take ours and play theirs every day of the week, especially against UVa, UNC and the rest of the ACC. Hell, I'd gamble on Beamer with a team of walk-ons versus a team of Butch Davis All-Americans. But I agree that something needs to changed, whether that is an overhaul at OC, at the OL coaching position, or bringing in a young recruiting hotshot like Shane Beamer to pump in some fresh blood.
I do however sense a feeling of panic in the Hokie Nation that some feel we could be starting to gradually decline. I'm not at that point yet, but I think many others do feel this way.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wedley Estime, 6-4, 215-pound DE from the same high school as Flowers, Hosley, Leal, etc. has verbaled to VTs

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
My take:
We got lockhart back
Thourogood to Vandy
We've locked up the two fla guys
and
Anthony looks doubtful but still nothing in concrete

Is there anything im missing???

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farrow told al golden down at coral gables to suck his dick, he was a hokie.

Certain ACC coaches have been pounding on Harley and Jarrett all night. They are Hokies through and through.

Butch tried to take asante from us. He is a hokie.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Shit is crazy boys......

Buckle those seat belts.

Another new commit. Looks like Lockhart is staying. Who the hell knows. It should be a fun signing day.

Also, fancy gap is quite pissed per Kyle Tucker.

This prob deserves another thread after NSD but i'd love to see some shake up in the staff.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Farrow told al golden down at coral gables to suck his dick, he was a hokie.

Certain ACC coaches have been pounding on Harley and Jarrett all night. They are Hokies through and through.

Butch tried to take asante from us. He is a hokie.

The way this year has gone thats scary info^ right there. I dont see harley wavering and think jarrett loves TG.

I figured butch but who are the other coaches (london)?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way this year has gone thats scary info^ right there. I dont see harley wavering and think jarrett loves TG.

I figured butch but who are the other coaches (london)?

They are both 110% Hokies. I just thought it was funny That they were being called during a supposed dead period.

You guys are going to love these two. ALL-ACC by their second season playing is my prediction.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may sound crazy, but I've wondered all along if Asante isn't/wasn't a mole for UNC...what with the Marquise Williams stuff that went down.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take:
We got lockhart back
Thourogood to Vandy
We've locked up the two fla guys
and
Anthony looks doubtful but still nothing in concrete

Is there anything im missing???

Greg Roberts said said last night on his radio station that he is 99.9% sure that Anthony is a tiger. "So you are saying there is a chance--dumb and dumber." He usually has good sources. Should be a fun day. Maybe there will be some surprises.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This may sound crazy, but I've wondered all along if Asante isn't/wasn't a mole for UNC...what with the Marquise Williams stuff that went down.

Nah i think Marquise was the mole. The way that whole thing went down really surprised me and i think really showed MW's character.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Roberts said said last night on his radio station that he is 99.9% sure that Anthony is a tiger. "So you are saying there is a chance--dumb and dumber." He usually has good sources. Should be a fun day. Maybe there will be some surprises.

guess we'll find out in a few minutes...he's press conference started at 11:30 right?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's a Tiger...hopefully when Clemson comes to Blacksburg this fall, we'll really make him regret his choice :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess we'll find out in a few minutes...he's press conference started at 11:30 right?

Anthony to Clemson, Thourogood to Vandy (WTF!!!). Looks like VT is scrambling for some others...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony to Clemson, Thourogood to Vandy (WTF!!!). Looks like VT is scrambling for some others...

Also, Anyone see that UVA has already landed Darius Jennings and Terrell with Grant still looking at them and OSU. They are going to have a solid class:mad:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Anyone see that UVA has already landed Darius Jennings and Terrell with Grant still looking at them and OSU. They are going to have a solid class:mad:

I've seen that and they sure are talking a lot of smack about it. I guess you have to get excited about something when your rival absolutely owns your ass. Come back and talk to me Wahoos when you can beat us more than once in 11 years. LOL

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen that and they sure are talking a lot of smack about it. I guess you have to get excited about something when your rival absolutely owns your ass. Come back and talk to me Wahoos when you can beat us more than once in 11 years. LOL

This is true. Groh had better classes as a whole than Beamer did. Didn't mean much on the field, although I am a bit jealous about a couple of the guys they landed. When you can promise early playing time then these guys will take a hard look. Honestly I wouldn't be at all shocked if Grant picked the Hoos. Watching the press coneference now..

-----------Grant is a Buckeye

Last edited by a moderator: