• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

signing day is coming!!!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just thought it would be fitting to start an official recruiting thread, use this thread to post info about current targets, commits, or basically any info regarding recruiting.

I know we've lost out on a lot of guys this year, but there are still some studs and some under the radar guys out there that we still have a shot with.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This article is basically about our LB's for the OB, but if you read through it there are some interesting comments about stephone anthony from his HS coach.

Kyle Tucker | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

BTW: in case KT updates his blog the SA remarks are in vol 8 of the ob blog.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just don't understand how we lose all of these d players, especially when it's dbs.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Nicholson is announcing tomorrow around 2:30 @ his HS. With all of the recruiting chaos going around, I still hold some smidgen of hope for this kid.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand how we lose all of these d players, especially when it's dbs.

With Hosley and Kyle Fuller coming on strong this year chances are any CB would be riding the pine ALOT the next couple years, barring Hosley leaving early or injury. The team as a whole is still very young.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It looks like Nicholson is announcing tomorrow around 2:30 @ his HS. With all of the recruiting chaos going around, I still hold some smidgen of hope for this kid.

Most likely uva with a chance he follows hughes to cheater hole. i hold a smidgen about grant(who is basically 0% also) and williams but dont think we have any shot with DN.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm hearing we're no longer in the driver's seat with Terrell and may be behind now...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm hearing we're no longer in the driver's seat with Terrell and may be behind now...

i think we still have a shot with anthony and a long shot with MW besides that i look for it to be 3*/under the radar type kids from here on out.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely uva with a chance he follows hughes to cheater hole. i hold a smidgen about grant(who is basically 0% also) and williams but dont think we have any shot with DN.

Probably not, but never say never. I think I read somewhere he has been a VT fan his entire life. That may not matter but it does help a little bit I hope.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
no need to worry about DN ;):):D

we will have another top CB in this class.

Last edited by a moderator:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saying we are going to get Nicholson? That would be a huge surprise if so, to me anyway.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that would be a nice pickup for sure. Dang, I went to that link you posted and that one guy's avatar, Rage Ape?, about gave me vertigo. Holy crap.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah just saying that we will fill that position nicely but no it wont be with DN imo.

Official Hokies--Home of MV1--Thread

Wow, Big pickup for VT!! This kid actually understands that Cornerback U might get him to the league.

This is pure speculation. You guys tell if I am full of it and way off in left field. To the best of my knowledge this kid didn't even come down to Blacksburg for a visit (scouts.com reports he will officially visit at the end of January). I heard Frank and Co. may have visited him in PA?? Now, Back to Trey Nicholson. I know he is said to be leaning towards UVA or UNC. You guys said he will be announcing tomorrow. Is it possible that one announcement (getting ready to happen) by a prospective shut-down CB (DN) may have affected the other jumping on it and committing even before they have even seen Blacksburg. I am probably way off by saying this. I would think that if either one of these guys wanted to come, (or even both:D) that Frank and Bud would make room for them despite the lack of scholies??

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Big pickup for VT!! This kid actually understands that Cornerback U might get him to the league.

This is pure speculation. You guys tell if I am full of it and way off in left field. To the best of my knowledge this kid didn't even come down to Blacksburg for a visit (scouts.com reports he will officially visit at the end of January). I heard Frank and Co. may have visited him in PA?? Now, Back to Trey Nicholson. I know he is said to be leaning towards UVA or UNC. You guys said he will be announcing tomorrow. Is it possible that one announcement (getting ready to happen) by a prospective shut-down CB (DN) may have affected the other jumping on it and committing even before they have even seen Blacksburg. I am probably way off by saying this. I would think that if either one of these guys wanted to come, (or even both:D) that Frank and Bud would make room for them despite the lack of scholies??

This guy is fantastic. He is a really good kid with a great head on his shoulders and he is super humble. A lot of people inside of the locker room and Blacksburg had him on par with Trey, who is also a fantastic kid, and well above Terrell. I didn't want to say anything, but I kind of hinted at us being in very good shape for this kid as soon as Wanny was fired (terrible move by Pitt).

Beamer, to my knowledge, did not meet with him in person, but Torrian Gray has been in contact with him the whole time and really pulled this kid in. He has not visited campus but his coach is familiar with Blacksburg and loves the Hokies. Hopefully we can use this commitment like we used Darren Evans at Warren Central and Cardio at HD Woodson, to open up some out of state recruiting pipelines.

It is good to get in with coaches like this one. I would not be surprised if we pull two studs from Warren Central next season and two big time guys out of Woodson.