• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Rams trade for Nick Foles?

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back to Brady’s super bowl performances and you’re right. He really doesn’t deserve much credit for that first win. Once you dig a little deeper, you realize he’s not very good at all. So maybe there is hope for Goff.

1st win: 145 yards passing, bailed out by the kicker and defense (after getting bailed out by the tuck rule and kicker in the divisional round)

2nd win: Barely outdueled Jake Delhomme, 4th quarter interception that led to the panthers going ahead, in the end bailed out by his kicker once again

3rd win: McNabb gave the game away, Branch won MVP.

1st loss: Mustered 14 measly points, close to FG range before the half and Brady fumbled the opportunity away.

2nd loss: Got safetied on his first drive to set the tone for the game.

4th win: Bailed out by the defense and/or Seattle playcalling.

5th win: Epic collapse by Atlanta, carried to victory by James White.

3rd loss: Outdueled by Nick Foles, fumbled the game away late in the 4th quarter.

6th win: 0 TD passes, only managed to score 13, defense won the game.
That may be the greatest description of Brady's overrated ass I have ever read. Which is why I hate the ring argument so much. He is not even a top 5 all time qb and yet because of six rings that he was responsible for only 1. He gets all this credit. I give him the Falcons comeback, that was pretty damn epic.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - it is still TBD for both of these QBs. Goff may have played like shit in the SB, but on the other hand Wentz has never even played in one playoff game. Therefore nobody has a clue as to how he would fare in this type of situation. Like you alluded to - Let's just let this play out for a few more years before jumping to any conclusions.

you are exactly right. I stopped getting into these young QB debates because I think they are just stupid and started by some just as flame bait.

Carson Wentz is a very good young QB and has shown that he can play at an MVP level. The concern with him is health and can he stay on the field. That is a legit argument but it does not take away from his talent.

Jared Goff was labeled a bust because he played under Jeff Fisher where QB's go to have their career killed. He gets a new offensive minded coach and he proved he can play in the NFL and at a high level but he is young. He is still reliant on coaching and has not been in the NFL long enough to do the things that Rodgers and Brady does but then again how many QB's can.

I think the true nature and talent of a QB is determined after 5 years in the league.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Eagles couldn't even get to the NFC Championship.

Goff is not the Rams problem. It's apparent that none of you "experts" even watched the game. If you did, then you would see that Goff threw two absolutely perfect passes, both into the end zone.

Brandin Cooks is the problem and he's with the rams because Belichick knew several things.

1. He cannot and never has been able to take a hit. AND does not want to. Against the Eagle he got stung in the first quarter and stood on the sideline for the remainder of the game with a "Ringer". You know, he got his bell rung and was diagnosed with a "possible low grade concussion".

2. Does not have strong hands. He dropped TWO passes in the end zone Sunday and they were both perfect and both were in both of his hands.

You don't want Goff? Send him east to Foxboro and let him work under Brady for a couple of years. You'll be bitching about him in 2030 and the Patriots going after their 12th Super Bowl in the last 30 years.
The Patriots played good defense but that was one of the worst passing performances in Super Bowl history.

Goff was a huge problem since he's the passer. Cooks was wide fucking open and Goff waited way to long to get him the ball.

Huge mistake by Goff.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been down on Goff all along, called him overrated all year. But to bail on a 24 year old QB for a guy who is 6 years older and has been up and down his entire career will not happen, nor should it.
Goff and Foles both sucked with Fisher and both have been better with different coaches, but Foles has shown a peak way higher than Goff's.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff and Foles both sucked with Fisher and both have been better with different coaches, but Foles has shown a peak way higher than Goff's.
:scratch: What peak is that, "a Super Bowl" win?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back to Brady’s super bowl performances and you’re right. He really doesn’t deserve much credit for that first win. Once you dig a little deeper, you realize he’s not very good at all. So maybe there is hope for Goff.

1st win: 145 yards passing, bailed out by the kicker and defense (after getting bailed out by the tuck rule and kicker in the divisional round)

2nd win: Barely outdueled Jake Delhomme, 4th quarter interception that led to the panthers going ahead, in the end bailed out by his kicker once again

3rd win: McNabb gave the game away, Branch won MVP.

1st loss: Mustered 14 measly points, close to FG range before the half and Brady fumbled the opportunity away.

2nd loss: Got safetied on his first drive to set the tone for the game.

4th win: Bailed out by the defense and/or Seattle playcalling.

5th win: Epic collapse by Atlanta, carried to victory by James White.

3rd loss: Outdueled by Nick Foles, fumbled the game away late in the 4th quarter.

6th win: 0 TD passes, only managed to score 13, defense won the game.

Carried to victory by James white. :pound:

You lost all credibility with that statement. Haha

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Eagles fans whinefest, it could of been us. You weren't just good enough, deal with it. Just go enjoy your one hit season.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Eagles fans whinefest, it could of been us. You weren't just good enough, deal with it. Just go enjoy your one hit season.

It is what it is.......but the Rams got embarrassed.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is better than Goff but that does not mean Goff is not a very good QB. He played like shit in his first SB.....So did Tom Brady.

I think Goff is a very good QB and will only get better. I think that some people tend to overreact when it comes to these young QB's. Hell this is only his 3rd year in the NFL.

People do overreact to these young QBs and YOU are one of them!! The ridiculous shit you spewed on the Foles/wentz thread was epic!! Oh, and the way you acted like a pussy on it was telling as well.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is.......but the Rams got embarrassed.

Rams didn't play well to go with the Patriots peaking at the right time. Rams offense has been average for months now, yet they still made the Super Bowl. What are the Eagles excuse?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams didn't play well to go with the Patriots peaking at the right time. Rams offense has been average for months now, yet they still made the Super Bowl. What are the Eagles excuse?

Rams will have a better record than the eagles next year again. Offer that pussy that avatar bet and watch him run away.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They should not have an excuse. They sucked for a good part of the year and were inconsistent. They had more players on IR this year than any team has ever had in a single season and the coaching staff was not good enough to compensate for it. Most of those players were key parts. They got lucky vs the Bears and if we are being honest should have lost. Their luck ran out against the Saints.

But the Rams were a flat embarrassment in the Superbowl. The sucked. You can call it the Pats peaking all you want but the truth is they were thoroughly outcoached. I can't recall the last time I saw a team on offense in a SB look so inept.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams got embarrassed.

The Eagles are Super Bowl champions of just last year.:nod:

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should not have an excuse. They sucked for a good part of the year and were inconsistent. They had more players on IR this year than any team has ever had in a single season. Most of those players were key parts. They got lucky vs the Bears and if we are being honest should have lost. Their luck ran out against the Saints.

But the Rams were a flat embarrassment in the Superbowl. The sucked. You can call it the Pats peaking all you want but the truth is they were thoroughly outcoached. I can't recall the last time I saw a team on offense in a SB look so inept.

Embarrassed,? I must of missed that. Defense and special teams played great enough to win, but were stifled by bad quarterback play, offensive line play, and getting outcoached. They got outcoached, sure did. Where was Dougie P at 33?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should not have an excuse. They sucked for a good part of the year and were inconsistent. They had more players on IR this year than any team has ever had in a single season and the coaching staff was not good enough to compensate for it. Most of those players were key parts. They got lucky vs the Bears and if we are being honest should have lost. Their luck ran out against the Saints.

Have you noticed a common theme with many of these eagles fans? When they win (or their guy wins) it’s bc of how great they are but when the other team wins (or the other guy wins) it’s bc they were lucky.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassed,? I must of missed that. Defense and special teams played great enough to win, but were stifled by bad quarterback play, offensive play, and getting outcoached. They got outcoached, sure did. Where was Dougie P at 33?

At 33 Doug was a QB in the NFL

Yes......the Ram were embarrassed. They fucking sucked.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassed,? I must of missed that. Defense and special teams played great enough to win, but were stifled by bad quarterback play, offensive play, and getting outcoached. They got outcoached, sure did. Where was Dougie P at 33?

I would say inexperienced QB play as opposed to bad.

Look, I was there and I’m telling you the crowd noise was ridiculous. You don’t get that at SBs. It DEFINITELY had an effect on his play. He couldn’t audible on third down.

Also, the Rams won the third quarter. No doubt about it! They were tied going into the 4th quarter. That’s when Brady and McDaniels finally figured out a solution to wade Phillips. They went 2 TE sets (first time all game) and were able to get ONE drive.

That was the difference in the game.