• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Rams trade for Nick Foles?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been down on Goff all along, called him overrated all year. But to bail on a 24 year old QB for a guy who is 6 years older and has been up and down his entire career will not happen, nor should it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't that bottle already caught it's lightning.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the Rams completely blew their only shot.

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

They couldn't do what the Eagles just did.

:yes:

:hammer:
Just did:scratch:
:pound::pound::pound:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that this entire thread is done in jest. There is a little thing called the salary cap which would scream to the Rams "hell no" in this case. Having an effective QB on a rookie contract is a huge bonus for any team. Goff may have been off in the SB, but he is still a very good QB.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that this entire thread is done in jest. There is a little thing called the salary cap which would scream to the Rams "hell no" in this case. Having an effective QB on a rookie contract is a huge bonus for any team. Goff may have been off in the SB, but he is still a very good QB.
I fairly certain it was in jest. If not I'd say it's more proof Horse Shit rots the brain.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you go back and watch the film, you’re going to see lots of open guys and Goff simply not seeing them. He had one of the worst QB performances in super bowl history.

He definitely had a bad game, props to the Patriots defense for speeding up the process on him.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I find funny. The debate as if knowyourenemy was asking the question seriously. I think he really does not give a shit but figured he would trigger some people because some of you love to start Wentz threads...

Well played.....and hilarious.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I find funny. The debate as if knowyourenemy was asking the question seriously. I think he really does not give a shit but figured he would trigger some people because some of you love to start Wentz threads...

Well played.....and hilarious.
That could be his intention, but he could be saying Wentz is better than Goff also. Of course I've been told Wentz being better is a foregone conclusion.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be his intention, but he could be saying Wentz is better than Goff also. Of course I've been told Wentz being better is a foregone conclusion.

Wentz is better than Goff but that does not mean Goff is not a very good QB. He played like shit in his first SB.....So did Tom Brady.

I think Goff is a very good QB and will only get better. I think that some people tend to overreact when it comes to these young QB's. Hell this is only his 3rd year in the NFL.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is better than Goff but that does not mean Goff is not a very good QB. He played like shit in his first SB.....So did Tom Brady.

I think Goff is a very good QB and will only get better. I think that some people tend to overreact when it comes to these young QB's. Hell this is only his 3rd year in the NFL.

Yep - it is still TBD for both of these QBs. Goff may have played like shit in the SB, but on the other hand Wentz has never even played in one playoff game. Therefore nobody has a clue as to how he would fare in this type of situation. Like you alluded to - Let's just let this play out for a few more years before jumping to any conclusions.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fully agree. Of course some think if QB A. is better than QB B. their 1st two seasons it will be that way BBC their full careers.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can foles play LB or OL?

We’ve seen his ability to catch the ball. I don’t see why he wouldn’t be able to excel at those other positions as well.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn man McVay, is only 33 years old. How old was Belichick when he won his first Super Bowl? Nevertheless you are right, McVay got out coached last night. McVay will learn from his mistakes, he is very young and bright.

34 when he carried that bum Parcells to his first Super Bowl.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They couldn't do what the Eagles just did.

Well the Eagles couldn't even get to the NFC Championship.

Goff is not the Rams problem. It's apparent that none of you "experts" even watched the game. If you did, then you would see that Goff threw two absolutely perfect passes, both into the end zone.

Brandin Cooks is the problem and he's with the rams because Belichick knew several things.

1. He cannot and never has been able to take a hit. AND does not want to. Against the Eagle he got stung in the first quarter and stood on the sideline for the remainder of the game with a "Ringer". You know, he got his bell rung and was diagnosed with a "possible low grade concussion".

2. Does not have strong hands. He dropped TWO passes in the end zone Sunday and they were both perfect and both were in both of his hands.

You don't want Goff? Send him east to Foxboro and let him work under Brady for a couple of years. You'll be bitching about him in 2030 and the Patriots going after their 12th Super Bowl in the last 30 years.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I went back to Brady’s super bowl performances and you’re right. He really doesn’t deserve much credit for that first win. Once you dig a little deeper, you realize he’s not very good at all. So maybe there is hope for Goff.

1st win: 145 yards passing, bailed out by the kicker and defense (after getting bailed out by the tuck rule and kicker in the divisional round)

2nd win: Barely outdueled Jake Delhomme, 4th quarter interception that led to the panthers going ahead, in the end bailed out by his kicker once again

3rd win: McNabb gave the game away, Branch won MVP.

1st loss: Mustered 14 measly points, close to FG range before the half and Brady fumbled the opportunity away.

2nd loss: Got safetied on his first drive to set the tone for the game.

4th win: Bailed out by the defense and/or Seattle playcalling.

5th win: Epic collapse by Atlanta, carried to victory by James White.

3rd loss: Outdueled by Nick Foles, fumbled the game away late in the 4th quarter.

6th win: 0 TD passes, only managed to score 13, defense won the game.