• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Eagles trade for a tackle?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't cost a #1 pick, no matter what SF said. That is postering/negotiating. they want picks for their future. I'd offer a 4th and a 5th, or amid pick next year. If they won't bite, then move on.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points. Staley is an attractive option. But what will it cost to get the privilege to pay this good price for a solid option for two years?

I just want to keep that #1 next year, no matter how late in the round it is. Not keen on giving that up with no second or third to speak of. And I just don't buy the Niners swapping first for second. There is no value there.

Ultimately I feel resistant to treating this as THE season yet. No matter how well they have done. I think we already have mortgaged enough of the short term futures growth capital before we got to this debate.

I don't want to give as promising a piece as Wentz 1-2 seasons to go big, only to have it turn into Cam with the Panthers, or Stafford with Lions (can't get good pieces around star QB). I want to give him a decade of chances to break through.

I would never give up our 1st straight up for Staley ... that's not what I am advocating at all ... and again this is all hypothetical. This scenario is assuming the Niners were indeed looking to move him for a "reasonable" trade ... even though he is signed to a reasonable contract. The Niners will be in full rebuild and Staley only has a couple of years left before you can expect the normal age decline. The Eagles best window imo is the next couple of years before we have to pay Wentz the likely astronomical Franchise QB figure. Staley fits our window perfectly, but the Niners will take longer to become contenders again ... so it suits them to move Staley now while he still has value.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't cost a #1 pick, no matter what SF said. That is postering/negotiating. they want picks for their future. I'd offer a 4th and a 5th, or amid pick next year. If they won't bite, then move on.

Boy. I would love for you to be right.

I just don't buy that staley is on the block that cheap. I feel like they either hold him or find a better deal for him.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game PSU fans!:suds:I didn't feel like making a thread, but I know a few of you here are PSU fans. Nail biter for sure.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game PSU fans!:suds:I didn't feel like making a thread, but I know a few of you here are PSU fans. Nail biter for sure.

Penn State went to sleep in the 2nd half, esp the 4th qtr. What a shame. The defense was terrible!
There goes the championship.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know how good staley at this point. that being said. no need to give up shit for him, move V over to LT, do some more protection over there, be it TE or RB. At time's switch it up where they go out for a short screen make a profit, though do that liberally. make it work for you. Lane will do his best to take on the upcoming monsters. I hope the rain doesn't uff up our game this week. our season who knows, peters gone will be a big blow. he started off undrafted. yeah, v isn't him, but let's give him chance. we lost sproles and lost our minds. he's still missed, but the rbs and game plan stepped up in other areas.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some chatter about this on talk radio this morning. I think some fans as well as radio guys think they should do it after seeing the line without Peters. The Eagles have a shot at winning something this year, and in the next few years, and protecting Wentz is a huge priority to get that done.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was one play that I thought Big V missed a block. It wasn't him, on the replay, it was obvious that Ertz did not make the block.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was one play that I thought Big V missed a block. It wasn't him, on the replay, it was obvious that Ertz did not make the block.

Ertz has been brutal with his blocking this year IMO.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ertz has been brutal with his blocking this year IMO.

This year?

Don't get me wrong....Ertz is doing what he knows how to do this year....get open and catch the damn ball.

But, we always knew we were sacrificing that for what he does do (and is doing) best. He was never considered the balanced catcher/blocker that Celek was in his prime.

As for the O-line play....I did not see any of the game except highlights....so I will throw that out, along with this, I still think this needs to be a status quo, unless we can get someone better/effective and cheap.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Seattle traded for Texans OT Duane Brown.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is disgruntled and is only signed through 2018. We couldn't take on that contract without knowing what Jason Peters will end up doing. With Joe Staley (around the same age as Brown) at least he was on a team friendly number (almost half of what Brown is scheduled to make in 2018) and locked up for an extra year.