• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Eagles trade for a tackle?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Jason Peters will be out several weeks at least, possibly the season. And he is 35.

Do the Eagles trade for a guy like LT Cordy Glenn from Buffalo, who is reportedly on the trade block?

Obviously Philly lacks second and third round picks, making any trade difficult.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your last line there sums up my thoughts. We are just thin on options to bait a trade. Don't get me wrong....I hope they make a few calls. And I know they will. Maybe a trade is possible.

But I think the more realistic play is to prep up Vitai. Maybe flip the Tackles.
Honestly...for a guy thrust into the role mid game Vitai did not show as badly as it could have been. The false start on the shift can't be blamed too heavily since he likely did not get enough reps to get the timing down.

Give him a week of prep up and he could be even better as a starter.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can trade more draft capital now. Vaitai has played better the more time he's gotten, so I'd just see what happens.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point all you can pretty muck do is look through the practice squads and hope you can find a hidden gem to sign and back up big V.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two other veteran names that have come up: Niners OT Joe Staley, and free agent Branden Albert.

There is speculation the Niners might deal Staley since they are in tank mode and he is close to retirement.

Albert was a pretty good OT with the Chiefs when Pederson was there, but has been a bit of a head case his whole career.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the consensus among reporters seems to be that they are going to leave Lane Johnson at RT. He really hasn't looked as good on the left side, and moving him would weaken two tackle positions.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles will be fine at tackle as long as Pederson handles it the right way. Vai should be fine but Pederson will need to give him help at times. Wentz is a pure pocket passer and as long as he can step up into it he will be fine. I think he holds onto the ball a little too long at times and will need to be quicker with getting rid of it but considering how well they played after Peters went down we should be ok.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how effective he has been, but Staley intrigued me. He could probably be had for cheap.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how effective he has been, but Staley intrigued me. He could probably be had for cheap.

I have always liked Staley (Albert just sounds like a bad idea all over). And I would love to have someone like Staley's vet leadership on a line for a full offseason and into a season.

However....even with a solid player like this I just feel that whether to bring in a starter or go with Vitai is "six of one.." right now. On one hand you bring in a guy who has to get up to speed. In the other you just need to tighten up Vitai with reps (and give up some kind of capital....which is very thin right now).

I am many times more interested in what they can pull off of Practice Squad for depth at T. LB has become much more critical to me.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would certainly be great if Big V developed into a decent LT. Given our luck lately, anything is possible I guess!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters is done for the year it loks like. MRI showed torn ACL and MCL.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is horrible, but the right play is Vaitai at LT.

Lane isn't even dominating on the right side. And it's time to see what Vaitai can do.

We don't have much to offer in any trade.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about trading with Cleveland fop Joe Thomas, since he is older but still pretty good. I know he was injured, but I don't think it is serious? Trade 2 of our 4th round picks for Joe?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about trading with Cleveland fop Joe Thomas, since he is older but still pretty good. I know he was injured, but I don't think it is serious? Trade 2 of our 4th round picks for Joe?

Even though I feel even the Browns wouldn't be foolish enough to take that....I still wouldn't offer both of my fourth rounders.

Not that I wouldn't love to have a Tackle like Thomas.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cleveland is done doing any deal with us after watching what Wentz has been doing. That franchise is going to burn for passing up on Wentz.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting what Buffalo can offer. Still I think (and I kind of hope) we just work in house with this and sign a free agent for depth. Draft picks are thin. Unless we could get them to take a mid round 2019 pick.
Glen sounds like an interesting LT.. He would be a guy that we lock up long term of course. Buffalo probably would want our 1st rounder, which more than likely would fall in the very late 1st round? Peters probably is going to hang it up after this. I would almost be tempted to to see what the Bills would want for Glen? LT are tough to come by, at least good ones. Howie is a master at getting picks elsewhere? I'm not even worried about that. Protecting Wentz is my priority.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would absolutely consider trading our 1st rounder in 2018 for LT Cordy Glenn if we can fit him cap-wise. 7 years younger than Jason Peters and we can save money by cutting Peters after the season; even better yet if he just retires. Peters has been a stud/warrior for us and I hate to see him go out via injury, but at his age and not being able to work out for a while ... he can easily balloon by the time he's able to start rehabbing.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Thomas tore his triceps and is out for the year, no?