• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Stafford be benched??!!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, I'm not to sure if some of you are really paying attention to whats happening to the team and Stafford. Its funny how suddenly theres a lot of talk about how Staff sucks and his mechanics are bad right after Monday Night football. This team has been broken down from the top to the bottom and they have no clue how to adjust. Has anyone noticed how dynamic the offense was at the beginning when Bush, Nate and Stafford were playing great and how it suddenly disappeared in the second half of the season. Stafford wasnt turning the ball over and other players were contributing. It only takes a while for teams to figure out ways to contest those things. Lions are good but not enough to overcome once teams catch on.

Stafford doesnt have bad mechanics, he has a lot of break-downs. Its great when it works but looks awful when it doesnt. Its definitely something he needs to improve on. He's gotten to the point that he's forcing the ball and trusting his arm way too much.

Really their has been numerous threads discussing Stafford as either elite or not and his mechanics have been argued about the last 2 years!

The Monday night game just brought it back up yet again. Stafford averages 1.2 turnovers a game! He is sloppy with the football. Other teams don't catch on to over throws they just happen! You can't justify a QB that gives the football away as often as Stafford does.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think that Jon Gruden is the guy to teach Stafford? You never noticed I guess how young QBs regressed under him. Chris Simms, Bruce Gradkowski, both played well early and regressed as time went on. He has no patience for young players, he's an X&O guy, not a teacher.

Ill take any coach that can win a superbowl with the bucs......all these unknown coaches we keep getting....we need someone with a track record now that we have talent. And cowhers not coming.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stafford will be much better once a new coaching staff come in and work on his mechanics. The Lions are desperately in need of a good #2 WR. I'm thinking Hakeem Nicks on a 1 year "prove it" deal.

The entire draft needs to be spent on defense. A #1 CB/SLB or S. Lions need to keep building around Suh in the draft. Not Stafford. I feel much more comfortable with Suh leading us to a super bowl than Stafford.

:agree:

Been saying that the last few years....we never want to go after good CB's....either later draft picks or bums that get let go from other teams.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jdwillis,

I see what you're saying but Stafford wasn't doing these things early in the season. Things have changed somehow. From what I saw, he seemed a bit more settled early in the season. We saw slants and a good mixture of plays we havent seen. Lately, we havent seen the same offense. Regardless of what we think we know, theres a lot of things that play into the reasons why players start playing.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanksgiving I believe.

Weird that it was during the ONE solid game he's had since freakin' October. Atleast we won a nationally televised game that day for the first time since MNF against the Bears............ In 2011!!!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird that it was during the ONE solid game he's had since freakin' October. Atleast we won a nationally televised game that day for the first time since MNF against the Bears............ In 2011!!!

It was before the game. He was on the sideline with Rodgers and they looked like they were joking about sidearm throws. The game crew took it from there and started to talk about their discussion with him and how they believed that he and Rodgers were kidding around about the same thing. I remember it really standing out to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Stafford be benched?

It depends. Is this a must-win game this week?

BiffMcFly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No...as an objective outsider that follows the NFL in general I say the blame should all be on CJ for dropping those 3 easy balls. You only get so many chances against this defending champ Ravens D. So Stafford throws sidearm....he's not perfect....not many NFL QBs are....that's no excuse for CJ dropping those 3 easy balls that were the difference in the game. Yes...Stafford has a bigger contract than he deserves, but in the NFL you can't expect to get bailed out when your WR makes 3 really stupid drops like that against a great Ravens D. Megatron is a really stupid nick name. He's starting to be known more as a goof like Terrel Owens. He is the first player you should drop then maybe your team will be serious. Trade him for a defender.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...as an objective outsider that follows the NFL in general I say the blame should all be on CJ for dropping those 3 easy balls. You only get so many chances against this defending champ Ravens D. So Stafford throws sidearm....he's not perfect....not many NFL QBs are....that's no excuse for CJ dropping those 3 easy balls that were the difference in the game. Yes...Stafford has a bigger contract than he deserves, but in the NFL you can't expect to get bailed out when your WR makes 3 really stupid drops like that against a great Ravens D. Megatron is a really stupid nick name. He's starting to be known more as a goof like Terrel Owens. He is the first player you should drop then maybe your team will be serious. Trade him for a defender.

:L.

BiffMcFly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Really? So you think it is all giggles that a supposedly great receiver can drop balls like that not be called on it? He puts up those artificial numbers so he can get away with it of course but a Jerry Rice he is not.

He should be investigated for point shaving.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you what. I won't pretend to know hockey, and you won't pretend to know football.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...as an objective outsider that follows the NFL in general I say the blame should all be on CJ ... ... ... He's starting to be known more as a goof like Terrel Owens.

Somehow I made it all the way to "Terrel Owens", but couldn't read any further.

What are you talking about? Yes, both are/were great receivers. But CJ is about as far away from T.O. as you can get as a person. He opened his mouth for the first time I can remember and lashed back at Elam. Totally out of character for him, and sadly Calvin didn't back it up on Monday night. But I'd hardly say he is a "goof". That is stupid. Calvin had one bad game (compared to his own impossible standard).

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even more reason to keep the punts low! (Was that why he didn't do kickoffs? Or was it because he shouldn't do kickoffs? I hope it was because he's banged up.)