• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Stafford be benched??!!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 picks in the last 7 games!

3 in the Monday night debacle against Baltimore. Throw in some costly fumbles like the one in Philly…and yes it was his fault as the dumb ass should have fallen on the ball instead of trying to pick it up, and you have a QB that is sloppy with the football.

Right here right now Stafford is nothing more than Jon Kitna with a stronger arm! His side arm bullshit makes the ball sail and is widely panned by any QBs watching his mechanics!

SO after watching the current slide that has taken Detroit right out of the playoffs is it time to bench Stafford? And no I doubt seriously that Shaun Hill has the talent of Matthew Stafford but he will not be as careless with the ball as Stafford has been. And at some point Stafford has to be given a message that giving the ball away is a sure ticket to park his ass on the bench!

The picks last night were not the receivers fault they fell squarely on Stafford's shoulders. And if Schwartz had half the balls he thinks he does he should have pulled Stafford to send him a huge message! Now Schwartz has to be looking for a pink slip in the inter office mail!

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too late for all that.

If you bench him, bench the rest of the clowns that helped contribute to the loss. How about Delmas and CJ?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we get him some coaches who haven't been massive failures everywhere they've ever been.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Theres plenty of things wrong with this team, I dont think anything positive will come from benching your starting qb. Schwartz has never seemed to want to bench players for being idiots on the field getting late hits, taunting etc. Its frustrating to see stafford struggle, but I for one will deal with the bad games knowing that those will be a thing of the past soon. Why not deal with the bad games while the lions are still an average team. Its not like benching staff will elevate them to a serious squad, it didnt help that CJ dropped some huge passes and people wouldnt be asking for him to be benched if the ravens didnt hit tha fg to win. Its just a kneejerk reaction to a tough loss, everyone is trying to find a scapegoat. But heres the thing, they have been bad all season (including stafford). Its not like they just started to suck or something. I think its just fans are finally seein the reality of a bad football team.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man has Stafford been sloppy with the football! I get the need for coach changes and hopefully they find I guy that can teach mechanics to Stafford but a message needs to get through to him you don't give away the damn ball!

Again it's not because Hill is better but Stafford is a bonehead with poor throwing mechanics!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Theres plenty of things wrong with this team, I dont think anything positive will come from benching your starting qb. Schwartz has never seemed to want to bench players for being idiots on the field getting late hits, taunting etc. Its frustrating to see stafford struggle, but I for one will deal with the bad games knowing that those will be a thing of the past soon. Why not deal with the bad games while the lions are still an average team. Its not like benching staff will elevate them to a serious squad, it didnt help that CJ dropped some huge passes and people wouldnt be asking for him to be benched if the ravens didnt hit tha fg to win. Its just a kneejerk reaction to a tough loss, everyone is trying to find a scapegoat. But heres the thing, they have been bad all season (including stafford). Its not like they just started to suck or something. I think its just fans are finally seein the reality of a bad football team.

But thats were I disagree. Detroit is a very talented football team. They have one of the best young rosters in the NFC. Their problem is they are undisciplined and make stupid mistakes! Yes, the coaching staff needs to take responsibility for that but so do the players.

I think CJ helped cost Detroit at least 2 games this season. But he is still a wideout that is the best in the game. He has a mental lapses and should shoulder the blame for them but if Stafford takes care of the football Detroit has already clinched a playoff spot.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a game of his a few weeks ago and the play by play guys were discussing a convo that they had with him during the production meeting. They asked him about his footwork and how he throws from awkward positions, and how his release point changes a lot. They asked him how he can fix it, and his response was that he is under incredible pressure and he's not overly concerned with his mechanics, just getting the ball out. What a shit attitude about making yourself a better player. For his sake, hopefully a new coaching staff cannot only help his mechanics, but help the attitude that pretends that there is no problem there.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They asked him how he can fix it, and his response was that he is under incredible pressure and he's not overly concerned with his mechanics, just getting the ball out. What a shit attitude about making yourself a better player. For his sake, hopefully a new coaching staff cannot only help his mechanics, but help the attitude that pretends that there is no problem there.

He's just regurgitating the shit Schwartz and Linny tell him all week. The good news is the kid is still 25 and can break these bad habits once he gets a HC whose maturity level is above his.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But thats were I disagree. Detroit is a very talented football team. They have one of the best young rosters in the NFC. Their problem is they are undisciplined and make stupid mistakes! Yes, the coaching staff needs to take responsibility for that but so do the players.

I think CJ helped cost Detroit at least 2 games this season. But he is still a wideout that is the best in the game. He has a mental lapses and should shoulder the blame for them but if Stafford takes care of the football Detroit has already clinched a playoff spot.

I agree they are very talented. But they play extremely sloppy, inconsistent football, i.e. bad. They are much more talented than their record indicates. I get where you are coming from, to send a message but its too late for JS to be sending messages to anyone. He shouldve been doing that since DAY 1. It will come across poorly imo. He has lost this football team a long time ago and the message staff will get is, "i get benched for playing poorly while all of these idiots committing stupid personal fouls get away with it." i just dont see the positive of benching him at this point in the season,

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Aikman broke down one of Stafford's sidearm tosses and showed how the ball sails high when he uses those mechanics to throw the football.

I thought Ron Jaworski was a DB when he basically said the same thing but maybe these guys know what they are talking about. Detroit needs to get a guy to work with him.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they are very talented. But they play extremely sloppy, inconsistent football, i.e. bad. They are much more talented than their record indicates. I get where you are coming from, to send a message but its too late for JS to be sending messages to anyone. He shouldve been doing that since DAY 1. It will come across poorly imo. He has lost this football team a long time ago and the message staff will get is, "i get benched for playing poorly while all of these idiots committing stupid personal fouls get away with it." i just dont see the positive of benching him at this point in the season,

I think Schwartz has already lost this team. I would like to see him sack up and do something. And Stafford may not be the only one responsible but he is the most visible.

Say what you want about Shanahan in Washington I give him credit for benching RG3 even when he knows he will not be their next season.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Schwartz has already lost this team.

He lost them in Pittsburgh with that fake punt. Team has been lethargic since. The body language from top to bottom in that Tampa game was of a team who had given up faith in their leaders. His ego finally hung him.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he lost the team way before that. He lost me after he sf game at the beginning of last season. Hes had multiple players that left the team this past offseason say what a piece of shit he is. He has no clue how to control the team. Hes let assholes run the team from day 1. Its never been his football team, its been the players. Grown men will not respect you if you have no control. Hell, little kids wont. Why would grown men?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His out of control demeanor and lack of discipline has always been an issue. But I think when he threw that red flag last year everyone knew he was not a guy in charge!

He needs to reign in these guys maybe it's to late for him but it sure would go along way for his next job!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if he ever landed another HC job. In fact Im about 92% sure he wont. I assume you mean defensive coordinator?

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer: No

It's aggravating, but the problems are rooted in the coaching staff. Benching a player won't change poor play calling or bad coaching decisions.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Stafford be benched? Not yet. But he's been lousy. If the Lions are eliminated next week, they should start Kellen Moore in the final game. Gotta see what you have - either for your own future or maybe create possible trade bate.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire scwartz bring in gruden.....cowhers not coming to this cursed franchise to tarnish his name.......get gruden and maybe he can turn stafford around.....he gets happy feet in the pocket alot i notice..

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves, I disagree on Gruden being good for Stafford. His short passing, west coast offense is a bad fit for Stafford. It places a premium on the things he does poorly.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves, I disagree on Gruden being good for Stafford. His short passing, west coast offense is a bad fit for Stafford. It places a premium on the things he does poorly.

Um......what does he do well? Throw the ball far? Hard? Throw it up to CJ?

Maybe thats what he needs...a coach to teach him the whole game.....not just chucking it up for grabs.....he doesnt seem to go thru the reads sometimes.....just like when he forced it to CJ when durham was running down the middle wide open.

Gruden won in TB......thats enough for me....they were the laughing stock of the NFL before the lions took that title over awhile back now. Get a proven winner.