• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Bell Be Done In PIT?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before you take him out and lynch him, maybe someone should find out if the guy has a problem with addiction. Not everyone can take Percoset or Oxycoden and just quit once the prescription runs out. Biggest problem is that doctors often prescribe the meds to do completely away with pain and the patient becomes hooked.

If Bell is hooked on painkillers, I'm sure he knew he'd be discovered so the addict Bell said, just skip the drug test never realizing skipping the test is worse than being discovered.

Maybe he can go somewhere and get help. It's the toughest addiction to break and worse, it usually leads to heroin because the scripts can't be refilled and the docs won't rewrite them.

Or the dude could be taking HGH because he wants to get back on the field and get back to being an all-pro type performer. In that case, it would be really hard to criticize him. That said, a lot of these players aren't too bright..... Could just be a guy not thinking about tomorrow when blazing up today.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I jumped to the guilty side immediately, and I'm still leaning that way in terms of him missing the 4 games. But after hearing the tidbit of what he's said, maybe there is an opening. If he's been getting testing in this program and passing, I'm not sure why the NFL wouldn't accept that as passing...I'm sure there is a record.

To the bold: yup, and if he can PROVE that he was clean during the period in question, the suspension should be waived............

...not that I'd be surprised to see Commissioner Good-duh screw the Steelers on a technicality.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the bold: yup, and if he can PROVE that he was clean during the period in question, the suspension should be waived............

...not that I'd be surprised to see Commissioner Good-duh screw the Steelers on a technicality.

Yep...I'm still a bit fuzzy on why the NFL's policy wasn't more clear...maybe it was and Bell just didn't realize it. We test here, everyone initially, but drivers have randoms thereafter. If a driver has a recent (2 weeks) documented test on file...we accept it if we need a driver right away...(most companies use the same testing places) because we know there will be a random at some point.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically, with that said...what would you give for Bell...right now. If 3rd round or higher...I would take it.

IMO, his best use is to help the team win games this season...keep his nose clean (errr pee), and see what happens next year...they can always tag him and work out a trade then if they see fit...a trade now doesn't really help the Steelers.

This works ^^

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened to an ex-player of the NFL talk about the drug program a few days ago and they said a missed test would be ridiculous by any player. During the off season the NFL will actually send somebody wherever you are in the world to do the test. They will inform you of the day they want to do it and when and where to meet the person. Heck they will send him to the player's hotel room so if they miss the test it is completely on the player. Even if Bell thought those other tests were good enough he would have known the NFL was sending someone to him and that he needed to take the test. He would have had to have gone out of his way to avoid the test taker.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This one is pretty easy for the Steelers...you hope for the best but plan for the worst...Toussaint should be ready to be the backup.

I've soften up a little on Bell.

I tend to believe him on the phone change thing...as long as the team was aware he had a new phone number but didn't pass it along to the NFL, I can see how this can happen, but multiple? Seems like somebody should've gotten the memo.

In either case, if he sits for 4 like I still suspect he will, but can prove all of his program test were clean...I think he's worthy to bring back, but not on an 8 figure per deal...something considerably less than that...more in the $5-6 mil per range.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh.

Well. That would give me a monster boner.

Not that boners are normal with me while watching football or anything.

Screw you guys for judging me!