• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Pens v BlueJackets Rnd 1

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not advocating for a trade but just noting that he is a failure in the playoffs when hitting is concerned and as a leader.

You're right scouty, as much as it pains me to say so he's had trouble the last 8 playoff games against physical teams.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait..when is the last time Skid scored in the playoffs? He is a sorry excuse for a scoring leader...he is an assist leader nothing more. This team has always had D as an after thought under Abysmyl. Skid is soft...he is no leader. Body him up and he is done...this is what happens in the playoffs. To think Otherwise is ignorant...
Flower made a dumbass mistake but saved their ass repeatedly, its just his glaring mistakes are more prevalent. Even the national media recognizes Skids incompetence, only us Pens fans seeing thru regular season urine colored glasses think otherwise

He had 7 goals in 14 games in the playoffs last year. In the Cup year, he had 15 in 24, which is a darned impressive pace.

Sid needs to step up, no one has said otherwise, but the issues run a lot deeper than Sid, and picking on him exclusively (again with the stupid nicknames) is both unfair and pointless. In general, Crosby performs at similar paces as he does in the regular season, maybe a little less, but that's kind of expected in the postseason brand of hockey.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skid was held to the big goose egg in points against the Bees last year! Zero points. Nada goals...how is he doing this series against a physical team?

Face it, he gets handled by physical teams' and can be the only player without a hit in an entire game, and is not a 2 way player...

He is Adam Oates

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do the Pens go from here? - PensBurgh

Really good read from Hooks over at Pensburgh. Essentially talks about the differences between rd. 1 against the Isles last season, and the current series against CBJ. He makes an interesting point that during the opening round last year it was the big guns who were carrying play, and the bit players hadn't stepped up all that much in terms of offensive contributions. And even though the top talent was playing well, the Pens also found themselves in a 2-2 series tie through four games.

This series, at least so far, it is the exact opposite. Geno and Sid haven't scored a goal through four games, but guys like Adams, Gibbons, Sutter, Bennett and Orpik all have goals. Just interesting to see how the situation is comparable to last season, yet it isn't quite the same problems showing up. He also points out that they were taking a lot of bad post-whistle retaliation penalties last year, and generally that hasn't been a problem against the BJ's.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do the Pens go from here? - PensBurgh

Really good read from Hooks over at Pensburgh. Essentially talks about the differences between rd. 1 against the Isles last season, and the current series against CBJ. He makes an interesting point that during the opening round last year it was the big guns who were carrying play, and the bit players hadn't stepped up all that much in terms of offensive contributions. And even though the top talent was playing well, the Pens also found themselves in a 2-2 series tie through four games.

This series, at least so far, it is the exact opposite. Geno and Sid haven't scored a goal through four games, but guys like Adams, Gibbons, Sutter, Bennett and Orpik all have goals. Just interesting to see how the situation is comparable to last season, yet it isn't quite the same problems showing up. He also points out that they were taking a lot of bad post-whistle retaliation penalties last year, and generally that hasn't been a problem against the BJ's.

Yeah true, we aren't retaliating like we did against the Bruins in 2013 or the Flyers in 2012, but what good does that do if we can't convert on our power plays? We're just giving the Blue Jackets the green light to push us around.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah true, we aren't retaliating like we did against the Bruins in 2013 or the Flyers in 2012, but what good does that do if we can't convert on our power plays? We're just giving the Blue Jackets the green light to push us around.

I don't think not retaliating and not scoring on the powerplay are in any way related. Not scoring on the powerplay has been a function of too many forced passes more than anything.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really like nothing better than for this trend to continue towards next season so that my dream of landing Connor McDavid becomes a reality.

Mario, Jagz, Geno, Sid, & CMCD = evolution

If you guys want Connor mcdavid sign lindback as your starting goalie

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skid was held to the big goose egg in points against the Bees last year! Zero points. Nada goals...how is he doing this series against a physical team?

Face it, he gets handled by physical teams' and can be the only player without a hit in an entire game, and is not a 2 way player...

He is Adam Oates

Adam Oates. Nice. I love it when Scouty is pissed and rips into people. Sid will snap out of it Scouty.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mean Pens lose in 6?

I see Abysmal called out Skid and Malkintent.

Maybe comparing Skid to Oates is too hurtful to Adam...perhaps he is more like Peyton Manning.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not trading away Sid scouty, so let's tone down on the Sid criticism.

Problem is not sid it maf and your defense plus you guys don't have enough role players around sid. You need to bring in another Neal and starting playing your younger defenseman you guys have in your system.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is not sid it maf and your defense plus you guys don't have enough role players around sid. You need to bring in another Neal and starting playing your younger defenseman you guys have in your system.

Yeah, I wish our problems were just Sid & MAF, that would be an easy fix. Our troubles go way deeper than that. It's a complete system failure.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a stat that the Pens are 3-7 in last 10 playoff series since winning the cup. Nicely done Abysmal and core team of Letang, Skid, Flower and Malkintent. That's the theme. Assistant coaches have come and gone...top players and head coach still here...something needs to change.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a stat that the Pens are 3-7 in last 10 playoff series since winning the cup. Nicely done Abysmal and core team of Letang, Skid, Flower and Malkintent. That's the theme. Assistant coaches have come and gone...top players and head coach still here...something needs to change.

Are you even a Pens fan? I don't think I've ever seen you say anything positive about the team or add anything to conversation. Basically my question is, why are you here?

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So stating facts about their ineptness means I am not a fan?!

Oh I'm a Pens fan' just not a myopic homer...

There is nothing positive to say about this supposed Juggernaut who is losing to the Poo Jackets!

I am pissed at how useless these prima donnas are

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So stating facts about their ineptness means I am not a fan?!

Oh I'm a Pens fan' just not a myopic homer...

There is nothing positive to say about this supposed Juggernaut who is losing to the Poo Jackets!

I am pissed at how useless these prima donnas are

There is a difference between stating facts about ineptness and making stupid nicknames and other things that you do. What kind of fan comes up with insulting nicknames of the players he claims to support? You're not the only person in here who isn't pleased with the performance against the Jackets, you are however the only one bashing every single thing that the team does. I'm not trying to be a jackass, but the dumb nicknames and general extreme negativity that comes from your posts is getting old.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good second period for the Pens. Bob is playing really well, were gonna have to keep if up in the third if we want to win

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouty is a longtime Pens fan and a definite realist. I like to think of him as the conscience of Pens' message boards. Most of the time, he is spot on with his analysis.

Last edited by a moderator:

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid win tonight. There was nothing cheap about that effort. It was good to see MAF not get rattled and I liked the willingness to just put pucks on net. I still have no clue what's up with Sid and Geno and it didn't look like it got any better tonight.