• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joyce Kilmer > Jim Joyce

giphy.gif

Oops. Wrong Kilmer.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of curious about something regarding this whole "fake news" thing and Trump's YUGE group of supporters.

Let's say a Gallup Poll comes out, via @CNN, that shows that Trump's approval rating is at only 39%. Do Trump supporters see that and start fretting? Like do they sit there and think "well shit, maybe he's not doing as good a job as I thought he would. Maybe I should re-think this whole banning people with Visas, Green Cards and good jobs thing."

Then Trump tweets something like: @CNN is failing at destroying me just like during the election that I JUST WON. Just more FAKE NEWS. Terrible!

Do his supporters see this tweet on Fox, look at each other while spit roasting their sister, and breathe a sigh of relief and think to themselves: PHEW! That poll was fake!! He IS doing a great job. Today is another great day.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of curious about something regarding this whole "fake news" thing and Trump's YUGE group of supporters.

Let's say a Gallup Poll comes out, via @CNN, that shows that Trump's approval rating is at only 39%. Do Trump supporters see that and start fretting? Like do they sit there and think "well shit, maybe he's not doing as good a job as I thought he would. Maybe I should re-think this whole banning people with Visas, Green Cards and good jobs thing."

Then Trump tweets something like: @CNN is failing at destroying me just like during the election that I JUST WON. Just more FAKE NEWS. Terrible!

Do his supporters see this tweet on Fox, look at each other while spit roasting their sister, and breathe a sigh of relief and think to themselves: PHEW! That poll was fake!! He IS doing a great job. Today is another great day.

imo they dont need to hear/see the trump tweet ... they automatically think the poll was fake when they first see or hear it ... while spit roasting their sister

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's say a Gallup Poll comes out, via @CNN, that shows that Trump's approval rating is at only 39%. Do Trump supporters see that *HERE IS WHERE YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED* and start fretting? Like do they sit there and think "well shit, maybe he's not doing as good a job as I thought he would. Maybe I should re-think this whole banning people with Visas, Green Cards and good jobs thing."

Far too much reasoning to describe the "thought" process involved.

As I noted before, when Nixon resigned he had a 25% approval rating. Some people are just too blind to see the world in front of them.

That glorious, flat world.

P.S. I can't wait to hear the spin on the Rasmussen poll that has him at less than 50%. Rasmussen only asks registered Republicans questions like "Don't you think your orange overlord is great?"

Hell, I bet Jim Joyce is over 40% approval rating. Whoever that is.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far too much reasoning to describe the "thought" process involved.

As I noted before, when Nixon resigned he had a 25% approval rating. Some people are just too blind to see the world in front of them.

That glorious, flat world.

P.S. I can't wait to hear the spin on the Rasmussen poll that has him at less than 50%. Rasmussen only asks registered Republicans questions like "Don't you think your orange overlord is great?"

Hell, I bet Jim Joyce is over 40% approval rating. Whoever that is.
He's the guy that wrote Ulysses, right? I'm willing to bet his approval rating with the critical high school students demographic is well below 40%.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) on Thursday invoked the 2011 shooting of former Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-Ariz.) at a constituent event as a reason not to hold a public town hall.

"At this time there are groups from the more violent strains of the leftist ideology, some even being paid, who are preying on public town halls to wreak havoc and threaten public safety," Gohmert said in a statement.

"Threats are nothing new to me and I have gotten my share as a felony judge. However, the House Sergeant at Arms advised us after former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords was shot at a public appearance, that civilian attendees at Congressional public events stand the most chance of being harmed or killed—just as happened there."

GOP rep invokes Giffords shooting as reason not to hold town hall

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) on Thursday invoked the 2011 shooting of former Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-Ariz.) at a constituent event as a reason not to hold a public town hall.

"At this time there are groups from the more violent strains of the leftist ideology, some even being paid, who are preying on public town halls to wreak havoc and threaten public safety," Gohmert said in a statement.

"Threats are nothing new to me and I have gotten my share as a felony judge. However, the House Sergeant at Arms advised us after former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords was shot at a public appearance, that civilian attendees at Congressional public events stand the most chance of being harmed or killed—just as happened there."

GOP rep invokes Giffords shooting as reason not to hold town hall

Wasn't the guy who shot her a Skinhead and conspiracy theorist? You know, a Breitbart reader.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't the guy who shot her a Skinhead and conspiracy theorist? You know, a Breitbart reader.

I just find it kind of funny that a Texas Republican is using an armed public as an excuse to dodge his constituents.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it kind of funny that a Texas Republican is using an armed public as an excuse to dodge his constituents.

At least he's giving a reason. The "honorable" senator Rob Portman here turned his phone system off, deleted negative comments on his facebook page and started booting Twitter followers all because people wanted him to vote against DeVos.

No way that spineless piece of garbage will go anywhere near a town hall. And he won't give any reason, I guarantee it.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon guys, its not like representatives actually work for or represent their constituents.....er....

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Vancouver man was denied entry into the United States after a US Customs and Border Patrol officer read his profiles on the gay hookup app Scruff and the website BBRT.

The officer suspected the man was a sex worker because he found messages from the man saying he was “looking for loads,” and assumed it meant he was soliciting sex for cash.

While the misunderstanding might sound funny, it underscores the bitter reality that non-Americans have very few rights at the border, and that even suspicion of criminal behaviour can be used to deny non-Americans entry.

US Customs block Canadian man after reading his Scruff profile | Daily Xtra

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A right-wing co-worker in my office is listening to some video commentary saying that "all these disappointed Trump supporters were never Trump supporters to begin with. It's just liberals acting like they supported Trump initially"

:L fake news about a fake president.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Vancouver man was denied entry into the United States after a US Customs and Border Patrol officer read his profiles on the gay hookup app Scruff and the website BBRT.

The officer suspected the man was a sex worker because he found messages from the man saying he was “looking for loads,” and assumed it meant he was soliciting sex for cash.

While the misunderstanding might sound funny, it underscores the bitter reality that non-Americans have very few rights at the border, and that even suspicion of criminal behaviour can be used to deny non-Americans entry.

US Customs block Canadian man after reading his Scruff profile | Daily Xtra

just to be clear ... I live in Burnaby :thumb:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was lookin' for loads in all the wrong places
Lookin' for loads in too many faces
Searchin' their eyes
Lookin' for traces of what I'm dreaming of
Hoping to find a friend and lover
I'll bless the day I discover
Another heart lookin' for loads

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#FakePresident has begun the media censorship. Who did not see this coming?

Thoughts, @Wingingit ?

Last edited:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the Soviet News Agency TASS still around, maybe they were the ones handing out the Russian TRUMP flags earlier today?

Status
Not open for further replies.