• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
369817e2-ed38-4cb6-ba7a-51f125340f21
cnn.jpg

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to CNN to read the article about the press block and right off I see two problems.

Maybe I got smoke in my eyes while roasting my sister :eek: but I'll let others judge.

"On Thursday, CNN reported that the FBI refused a request from the White House to knock down recent reports that President Donald Trump's campaign had been in contact with Russians known to US intelligence."

The FBI pulled Priebius aside after a meeting and it was recommended that the press be told about the situation.

"But Politico reported that, according to White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, Priebus had merely asked the FBI “to inform journalists of the same point that they were making to us."

and from same article

"The pool usually includes a representative from one television network and one print outlet. In this case, four of the five major television networks -- NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox News -- were invited and attended the meeting, while only CNN was blocked.
Dylan Byers, Sara Murray and Kevin Liptak contributed to this report. "

No they were not the
only....

So I'll let you kind gentleman go ahead and pontificate.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to CNN to read the article about the press block and right off I see two problems.

Maybe I got smoke in my eyes while roasting my sister :eek: but I'll let others judge.

"On Thursday, CNN reported that the FBI refused a request from the White House to knock down recent reports that President Donald Trump's campaign had been in contact with Russians known to US intelligence."

The FBI pulled Priebius aside after a meeting and it was recommended that the press be told about the situation.

"But Politico reported that, according to White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, Priebus had merely asked the FBI “to inform journalists of the same point that they were making to us."

and from same article

"The pool usually includes a representative from one television network and one print outlet. In this case, four of the five major television networks -- NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox News -- were invited and attended the meeting, while only CNN was blocked.
Dylan Byers, Sara Murray and Kevin Liptak contributed to this report. "

No they were not the only....

So I'll let you kind gentleman go ahead and pontificate.

It is what you take from the article:

The White House press pool usually includes representatives from one television outlet, one radio outlet and one print outlet, as well as reporters from a few wire services. In this case, four of the five major television networks -- NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox News -- were invited and attended the meeting, while only CNN was blocked.

This was only in regards to the television networks as they were the only.

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what you take from the article:

This was only in regards to the television networks as they were the only.

Yep, I read that wrong.

You need to read other posts where individuals believe the press is being censored, and asked for my opinion.

AP and Time boycotted, CNN was not invited to join as were other media outlets, that is not censorship.

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to hit the rack, worked close to 70 hours this week, I'm exhausted.

Have a good one, I'm out!!!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad floated like a butterfly
And stung like a bee
But when I arrive at the airport
I'm a detainee

C5eraHQWMAAB1s1.jpg

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP and Time boycotted, CNN was not invited to join as were other media outlets, that is not censorship.
Maybe not censorship in the purest sense of the word, but in concert with the repeated attacks of "fake news", it is definitely suppression.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can donald even grip a baseball with those baby hands :think:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More fake news from cn ...err ... new york tim ...err the granddaddy of fake news ... Faux

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this article at ABCnews

News outlets excluded from White House press secretary's gaggle

So.... note the boycott by AP and Time, not censorship, choices were made not to show. :noidea:

Correct but they did the boycott due to the other news agencies being not allowed.
Yep, I read that wrong.

You need to read other posts where individuals believe the press is being censored, and asked for my opinion.

No problem. I guess that is my point both sides take the context of what they want to see in perception. We are all guilty of it. As for the boycott, yeah the AP and Time did that due to CNN and the others not being allowed in, which I applaud them. I hope we keep close eye on this because if there comes a point where more agencies, that don't agree with him, are not allowed in then I hope all take notice.

Trust me we will never agree on some things politically but in my case if Trump was a Democrat I still would not have voted for him.

With that said if I would have thrown in a Red Wings Suck, Lets go Pens or if you threw in a Pens suck, go Wings then those are fighting words! :suds:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status
Not open for further replies.