• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, can we please shut up with the Oprah for President bullshit, please?

I get it, she read a speech well. And she seems to be, as celebrities go, a decent person. And she has repeatedly answered jstew's prayers. But for fuck's sake, haven't we learned the lesson yet about what unqualified people do when elected to public office by people who like their movie or TV show?

Jesse Ventura
Arnold Schwarzengunner
Al Franken
Donald Trump

We need to look at the fact that we are so starved for leadership that we get all excited when someone, ANYONE, says something positive and relatable. Try and fix that.

But for the love of God, no more TV stars. Especially not the one who sprung Dr Phil AND Dr Oz on the world.

Correction: Oprah repeatedly neglects to take my calls :mad2:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I'm not the one putting my personal bias on who can run for president...

Who can and who should run for president are two very different things.

Who we like and who has the legislative and other political experience to effect the changes we seek are likewise two very different things.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I'm not the one putting my personal bias on who can run for president...

:wtf:

Correction: Oprah repeatedly neglects to take my calls :mad2:

Ryan Johansen is quite happy in Nashville, thank you very much.

Maybe you should call yourself Dr Jstew and proclaim you can heal people through the power of corn, then she will call. You will sell TONS of books.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should call yourself Dr Jstew and proclaim you can heal people through the power of corn, then she will call. You will sell TONS of books.

/ I would be down with becoming an oprah created charlatan though :noidea:

Dr jstew to cashmeousidegirl: "tell me dear .. do you eat corn the long way?"

:noidea:

//btw already have a name for the book ... "Fire & Fury: the healing power of corn"

reece.jpg

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And no one was surprised.

It's as if people like me take seriously our responsibilities and do our damn jobs.

In person voter fraud is not a problem and people who tell you it is or that getting an ID shouldn't be a big issue don't know what the fuck they are talking about. Period. They're just wrong and they are basing their position on fear and falsely perceived bias rather than facts and experience.

This is politics, and politics alone.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's one for dare...

That darn cat.

Carnac.jpg

Who ruined that darn rug?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never understood how opponents come to the conclusion that these segments of the population “don’t have access to proper voter ID”. The study that the article links to states that research was done regarding “access” then to show the results for this “access” research shows tables with results of polls of how many people from different demographics have and don’t have a document that would suffice as voter ID. It makes no mention of why or why not these people have passable voter ID, just that they don’t have it and then comes to the conclusion that “While both numbers are regrettable, the data demonstrate that blacks are disproportionately impacted by the Indiana law”, which, how exactly is that data demonstrating anything other than fewer black people have a document that would pass as a voter ID? It has no data on if these people would want to vote in the first place.

It also totally ignores the fact that the percentages of each demographic studied that do have a passable voter ID far exceeds the voting turnout rate for each of those demographics. While a few people may get fucked over at the poll, it’s hardly anywhere near enough of a percentage of the potential electorate to turn an election result. The large, large majority of the people they’re arguing over in courts simply don’t give a fuck about voting and if they did could get the required identification in a matter of days.

If you have the time and ability to get up, go to a polling station and vote, you have the ability to get up, go to a gov’t office and get a state ID card.

Status
Not open for further replies.