• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame on you! You should never associate something as wonderful as Lt. Frank Drebin with jackass Trump. No matter what the circumstances.

I hope a tiger attacks you.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC council voted today to add a publicly-funded campaign finance system. They joined a few other cities/counties that have such a program. More here.

This should be the long-term trend in government elections. Get the private money out of the process and you will see laws that better serve the public, less corruption, and more candidates interested in running without the hurdle of needing money to get involved in politics.

Good stuff.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC council voted today to add a publicly-funded campaign finance system. They joined a few other cities/counties that have such a program. More here.

This should be the long-term trend in government elections. Get the private money out of the process and you will see laws that better serve the public, less corruption, and more candidates interested in running without the hurdle of needing money to get involved in politics.

Good stuff.
I like the general idea, but until there's a way to defend against the Citizens United style Super PACs, I don't know how you affect real change in the system.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As funny as it was it should not be done. Like drinking a spoonful of Draino; sure it'll clean you out but it'll leave you hollow inside.

I know it's just a joke on a message board, and maybe the problems on a message board don't amount to a hill of beans. But this is our hill. And these are our beans!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dash, I looked for what you wanted, this is the best I could find.

_3635170_orig.jpg

Edit: oops, please disregard. This was supposed to be a pm.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dash, I looked for what you wanted, this is the best I could find.

_3635170_orig.jpg

Edit: oops, please disregard. This was supposed to be a pm.
Bareback Mountain?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good stuff.
I'm not a big fan of public-only campaign finance. Get the corporations out of it like we did and limit the shit out of individual contributions and it should do the trick.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, can we please shut up with the Oprah for President bullshit, please?

I get it, she read a speech well. And she seems to be, as celebrities go, a decent person. And she has repeatedly answered jstew's prayers. But for fuck's sake, haven't we learned the lesson yet about what unqualified people do when elected to public office by people who like their movie or TV show?

Jesse Ventura
Arnold Schwarzengunner
Al Franken
Donald Trump

We need to look at the fact that we are so starved for leadership that we get all excited when someone, ANYONE, says something positive and relatable. Try and fix that.

But for the love of God, no more TV stars. Especially not the one who sprung Dr Phil AND Dr Oz on the world.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big fan of public-only campaign finance. Get the corporations out of it like we did and limit the shit out of individual contributions and it should do the trick.
That's what we tried (half-assedly) and that's what turned the corporations are people too Citizens United debacle.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cJZoN46.png

Exactly which passage in the Bible mentions the President of the United States? I must have missed that one.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get it, she read a speech well. And she seems to be, as celebrities go, a decent person. And she has repeatedly answered jstew's prayers. But for fuck's sake, haven't we learned the lesson yet about what unqualified people do when elected to public office by people who like their movie or TV show?

Jesse Ventura
Arnold Schwarzengunner
Al Franken
Donald Trump

We need to look at the fact that we are so starved for leadership that we get all excited when someone, ANYONE, says something positive and relatable. Try and fix that.

But for the love of God, no more TV stars. Especially not the one who sprung Dr Phil AND Dr Oz on the world.

So only the Ben Carson's of the world?:eek:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the general idea, but until there's a way to defend against the Citizens United style Super PACs, I don't know how you affect real change in the system.

I agree. Citizens United is up there with Dred Scott among the most absurd Supreme Court decisions of all time.

Oddly enough, both center around what a person is. In Dred Scott, the Supreme Court gave no standing to a person by saying they were not a person. In Citizens United, the court said that corporations are people.

Apparently the Supreme Court is able to navigate difficult labor laws and rule on abstract matters of citizenship and free speech, but they still can't figure out what a person is.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesse Ventura
Arnold Schwarzengunner
Al Franken
Donald Trump

In one of Nostradomos's quatrains he predicted a 'round mound of rebound in the house of white'.

So I assume we have President Charles Barkley in our future.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Republicans currently control everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.