• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Jacksonville Jaguars

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete's not going any where either until he decides to retire. He ushered in this golden era of Seahawks football. Until Pete arrived there was no SB championship, no repeat SBs, no automatic playoff team, no year after year of winning football. I'll be kind of depressed when Pete decides to hang it up, because I suspect the Seahawks will go back to being non factors in the NFL when that happens, at least for a while, could be a long while.

Yeah, Pete's been awesome for this franchise. It's hard to imagine that there's many more years of him - even if everything goes great. He's 66 years old - and the oldest coaches in NFL history have been 72 (Halas and Levy). Patriots are in the same situation (Belichek is 65), it is very likely that in some point in the next decade the best coach in team history will most likely hang em up.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete's not going any where either until he decides to retire. He ushered in this golden era of Seahawks football. Until Pete arrived there was no SB championship, no repeat SBs, no automatic playoff team, no year after year of winning football. I'll be kind of depressed when Pete decides to hang it up, because I suspect the Seahawks will go back to being non factors in the NFL when that happens, at least for a while, could be a long while.

unfortunately this means we are going to watch the team continue its slow collapse and waste the prime years of wilsons career. everything he did was great, but you have to know when its time to move on or it will be too late.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately this means we are going to watch the team continue its slow collapse and waste the prime years of wilsons career. everything he did was great, but you have to know when its time to move on or it will be too late.

See what you just said explains your problem. You got blinders on. Everyone wants another SB championship, the difference is some of us understand that the NFL stacks the deck to make that a monumental challenge, unlike the early NFL days. Not only do you draft from the bottom of the draft, the cap also makes it extremely difficult. Once a franchise builds a SB winning roster, the shit hits the fans. Players that were playing on rookies contracts are now getting their second contracts, the big money contracts. That gets magnified when you win a SB.
The Pete and John have done a super job of limiting the damage, but never the less,lots of talent left and drafting from the bottom of the draft hard to hit often enough to replace that talent. Injuries have been pretty harsh this season. Avril, Sherman, Chancellor now Wright and Wagner. Not to mention losing their top draft pick to injury ( self inflicted I know).
There is no coaching problem just expectations problems from some fans who are unrealistic.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes the problem is our defense is starting to become worse, and the offense has not improved at all to make up the difference. with wilson hitting his prime, that should be the case but its not. something has to change.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes the problem is our defense is starting to become worse, and the offense has not improved at all to make up the difference. with wilson hitting his prime, that should be the case but its not. something has to change.
The problem is the crop of players that won the SB are now pass their prime and the Seahawks needed some luck with injuries and that hasn’t worked out. As for the offense, I’m predicting the Seahawks to put up plenty of points against the Rams, the question is will it be enough. I’m hopeful.:hope:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand everyone thinking Cable sucks, the OL has always been the weakest unit on the team. However many reasons for that besides or in addition to the coaching.

Like lack of talent? nah i wont say that because no position on this team has had more resources spent on it. Lack of good scouting? Maybe but Pete said a couple years ago maybe 4 that Cable has the final say when drafting a Olineman. Lack of coaching? yes thats a BIG factor and trumps all the others. No one finds it funny that Carp looked way better when he left here? His FIRST year in NY and he was listed as a top 10 guard. He was like 77-78th when with the hawks, that's a HUGE gain.

thing is Cable must have some blackmail pics of Carroll or he would have been gone a long time ago. No one has done less with more than Cable and still had their jobs after.

Russell Wilson is a once in a lifetime QB, with a middle of the pack or better Oline i think this offense can average 28+ PPG behind him and if they can find a running game i say 30 PPG lol. The Defense is getting old and is not what it use to be not only because of injuries. They have some pieces to work with on offense mainly Wilson to make this a team capable of out scoring anyone and unless they strike gold again on defense we may never see another defense like the 2012-2016 defenses. Time to make this offense click.

Anyone remember last season how the Hawks seemed to suck in the first half for almost the whole season? Then the last what 4 to 6 games they started to score more often and moved the ball in the first half only to not show up at all in the first half of the playoff games? yeah i think we might see that again if they even make the playoffs. Now i don't put that on Cable i just am bringing that up is all. It's like a bad dream that comes back every night.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like lack of talent? nah i wont say that because no position on this team has had more resources spent on it. Lack of good scouting? Maybe but Pete said a couple years ago maybe 4 that Cable has the final say when drafting a Olineman. Lack of coaching? yes thats a BIG factor and trumps all the others. No one finds it funny that Carp looked way better when he left here? His FIRST year in NY and he was listed as a top 10 guard. He was like 77-78th when with the hawks, that's a HUGE gain.

thing is Cable must have some blackmail pics of Carroll or he would have been gone a long time ago. No one has done less with more than Cable and still had their jobs after.

Russell Wilson is a once in a lifetime QB, with a middle of the pack or better Oline i think this offense can average 28+ PPG behind him and if they can find a running game i say 30 PPG lol. The Defense is getting old and is not what it use to be not only because of injuries. They have some pieces to work with on offense mainly Wilson to make this a team capable of out scoring anyone and unless they strike gold again on defense we may never see another defense like the 2012-2016 defenses. Time to make this offense click.

Anyone remember last season how the Hawks seemed to suck in the first half for almost the whole season? Then the last what 4 to 6 games they started to score more often and moved the ball in the first half only to not show up at all in the first half of the playoff games? yeah i think we might see that again if they even make the playoffs. Now i don't put that on Cable i just am bringing that up is all. It's like a bad dream that comes back every night.

A) The OL wasn't a first or second priority when building the team.
B) They've alway drafted OL that didn't really fit the blocking scheme.
C) they have been stymied by drafting in the bottom half of the draft and that very few good OL are coming out of the draft since the college offense have gone to dumbing down the offense for QBs and OLs.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of conversations I feel like I have with some Hawk fans regarding football and the Hawks...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) The OL wasn't a first or second priority when building the team.
B) They've alway drafted OL that didn't really fit the blocking scheme.
C) they have been stymied by drafting in the bottom half of the draft and that very few good OL are coming out of the draft since the college offense have gone to dumbing down the offense for QBs and OLs.

Mark Glowinski was waived today. 4th round pick everyone seemed excited for, back up to starter to back up to gone in less than 3 seasons. We just can't seem to hit on these linemen.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Glowinski was waived today. 4th round pick everyone seemed excited for, back up to starter to back up to gone in less than 3 seasons. We just can't seem to hit on these linemen.
True . Maybe I am full of it, but I feel there is a disconnect on what the Seahawks like in a OL and what actually works for a zone blocking scheme that calls for quick agile OL. Look at perhaps that best zone blocking OL of all time ( the Bronco back when) the line were small quick guys nothing like what the Seahawks draft for at OL.

I’m all in for changing the blocking scheme, think Cable could not only coach it, but be better at coaching it then a zone blocking scheme. Just my :2cents:.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True . Maybe I am full of it, but I feel there is a disconnect on what the Seahawks like in a OL and what actually works for a zone blocking scheme that calls for quick agile OL. Look at perhaps that best zone blocking OL of all time ( the Bronco back when) the line were small quick guys nothing like what the Seahawks draft for at OL.

I’m all in for changing the blocking scheme, think Cable could not only coach it, but be better at coaching it then a zone blocking scheme. Just my :2cents:.

I'm with you. OLine suffers as much as anyone with the new CBA rules. They're coming out of college less prepared and asked to learn with less practice/hitting than before. It's been a 3 to 4 year process to get individula linemen to get competent at the blocking scheme - but by then they are looking to leave because Seattle isn't paying the money other teams will. Every year, the line is just raw.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I wouldn't mind Seattle targeting Cody O'Connell in the draft.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might have to be pulled away by another team to make it happen. How many assistants have the Seahawks actually fired since Carroll and Schneider took over? Most of the ones that aren't here anymore either resigned, retired or were hired away by another team. Cable has another title with the team that I completely forgot about... his official title is Offensive Line and Assistant Head Coach. Even our coordinators don't have an Assistant Head Coach title. At this point, I think nothing short of a head coaching job will make him want to leave. Maybe an offensive coordinator job. That means that if the Hawks want him to move on, they're either gonna have to fire him outright or practically drool all over him when/if other teams ask about him.

Maybe, just maybe Cable is wearing too many hats. Take the duties of the assistant HC away and also bring in somebody who can deal with the running game so Cable can focus squarely on the o-line. I know it won't happen but one can wish.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the crop of players that won the SB are now pass their prime and the Seahawks needed some luck with injuries and that hasn’t worked out. As for the offense, I’m predicting the Seahawks to put up plenty of points against the Rams, the question is will it be enough. I’m hopeful.:hope:

I was spot on last week predicting 0 first half points, im going to go ahead and predict 0 point first half again.

I could be wrong, but history makes me think ill be right.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was spot on last week predicting 0 first half points, im going to go ahead and predict 0 point first half again.

The final score is what matters. I’m going to predict that the Seahawks put up at least 14 first half points against the Rams and end up winning, which is what really matters.
You know Snuggles, I don’t remember you being such a Debbie Downer back when the Seahawks weren’t that good. A shame that a taste of success has changed all that for you.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

0 points against the #1 defense in the NFL - really went out on a limb there....

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Snuggles, I don’t remember you being such a Debbie Downer back when the Seahawks weren’t that good. A shame that a taste of success has changed all that for you.

There are people who can't handle success. Always looking for everything to go wrong and can't see the forest for the trees.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans still adjusting to the Jags actually being good.

I feel for Bradley. I mean - the Jags are good and it's a roster that (for the most part) he put together. They're even playing the style he created the roster to play. Just wasn't successful enough to be there when the team started playing good.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Pete's been awesome for this franchise. It's hard to imagine that there's many more years of him - even if everything goes great. He's 66 years old - and the oldest coaches in NFL history have been 72 (Halas and Levy). Patriots are in the same situation (Belichek is 65), it is very likely that in some point in the next decade the best coach in team history will most likely hang em up.

Pete looks like he's in great shape and has the energy of a kid drafted right out of college. I think he has a good 5 or 6 yrs left and then head to the upstairs to help run the team for a while before he calls it a career.