• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Jacksonville Jaguars

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete looks like he's in great shape and has the energy of a kid drafted right out of college. I think he has a good 5 or 6 yrs left and then head to the upstairs to help run the team for a while before he calls it a career.
Now that’s a bold prediction. I’m all for it becoming true.:nod:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete looks like he's in great shape and has the energy of a kid drafted right out of college. I think he has a good 5 or 6 yrs left and then head to the upstairs to help run the team for a while before he calls it a career.

All the more reason to enjoy the teams he puts together while we have them.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have been pretty lucky with Knox, Holmgren and Carroll. Those 3 account for 27 of the teams 42 seasons, and all playoff appearances (and all but 2 winning records). Despite '08 & '09, Seattle is #8 in the NFL in record since 1999 (Holgren's first season). Overall, it's been a great last 20 years of football for the northwest.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) The OL wasn't a first or second priority when building the team.
B) They've alway drafted OL that didn't really fit the blocking scheme.
C) they have been stymied by drafting in the bottom half of the draft and that very few good OL are coming out of the draft since the college offense have gone to dumbing down the offense for QBs and OLs.

Yet other teams have found better success than the Hawks have with olineman. Why is that? Bad scouting or just bad coaching it has to be one of those or a little of both but when all is said and done the Hawks have hit on 1 Olineman in how many years? Britt was the last one and he looked like a bust till he found a home at center. Unger was a hit but look at the other players the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders that just are/were down right awful. Most are not even serviceable as back-ups lol.

Thankfully they went out and got Brown, couldn't fuck that up even if you tried ( his talent ) Joeckel is one of the better Guards we have seen on this team in a few years and he sucks. Don't get me wrong though as i want him to continue playing guard for us until we find someone better. He is the best option. Pocic looks like he might be a hit but he is very weak right now and totally gets man handled out there and that's not good for someone who plays RG ( the play action side most of the time.)Needs to bulk up and again replace if you can get better ( LMAO yeah right one thing we know is this team CAN NOT DRAFT OLINEMAN WORTH A DAMN )

I see the playoffs if we win today, if we lose i can't even see a wildcard. Would love to win another superbowl but i think this team just needs to much right now with the injuries and a real poor running/blocking team not to mention a defense that even when it was healthy wasn't up to the level we are use to. I don't think it will be close to a long turn around though. Matter of fact if it takes more than a year or two i can see Carroll and JS doing that 40-50 roster moves again to build up from cast offs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet other teams have found better success than the Hawks have with olineman. Why is that?

You just quoted some of the reasons I gave. Building a OL has been a fail thus far for the Seahawks. They have tried some " novel" ideas like .... lets turn DL into OL, lets turn a TE into a tackle, and craziest idea of all, lets take a player that wasn't even a football player and make him our starting LT. :crazy:
Think the Seahawks organization understands they been failing on building a OL. Think these crazy ass ideas are a group consensus ideas, at least now they are drafting OL for the OL . Every team does some things well and others not so much. Seahawks obviously haven't done well at putting together a OL, but they aren't stupid, so they are going to try to get it right.

I see the playoffs if we win today, if we lose i can't even see a wildcard

Sounds about right.

I don't think it will be close to a long turn around though. Matter of fact if it takes more than a year or two i can see Carroll and JS doing that 40-50 roster moves again to build up from cast offs.

Yes after two years the Seahawks won't have a lot of the expensive vets that are putting them tight against the cap and can sort of start fresh except they will have their franchise QB in place this go around. As always though they need to draft well if they are going to succeed.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... Kinda like Belichick with Brady... Wonder if he will retire as a HC when Brady does...

I think BB does retire when Brady does. Before I thought he would stay to see what Gropp can do after Brady's retirement but now that he's in Santa Clara and I have no idea who the back up is, yes I think he leaves with Tommy boy.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of whistling past the graveyard on here.

after this absolute disintegration i dont see how anyone can seriously believe this team will recover without some serious changes

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

after this absolute disintegration i dont see how anyone can seriously believe this team will recover without some serious changes
Oh changes are coming. Need to retool the roster.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is much better since the Hawks lost only by 6.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Rams were going to steamroll us yesterday no matter what. It was just one of those games where everything went right for them. It happens. We might not have gotten quite so shellacked if Sherman, Chancellor, Avril and Wright were all healthy, but we probably still lose. And watching the best defensive line in football play against the worst offensive line in football was pretty painful too. And we can't forget to throw some shade on our special teams either. How many yards did they give up on kick/punt returns? That was embarrassing.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams were going to steamroll us yesterday no matter what. It was just one of those games where everything went right for them. It happens. We might not have gotten quite so shellacked if Sherman, Chancellor, Avril and Wright were all healthy, but we probably still lose. And watching the best defensive line in football play against the worst offensive line in football was pretty painful too. And we can't forget to throw some shade on our special teams either. How many yards did they give up on kick/punt returns? That was embarrassing.

I think that was the most embarrassing thing about the game itself, to be honest. Sure, it sucked that the defense let LA's offensive line and Gurley dominate them in the first half and it sucked that the offense couldn't do anything until the third quarter, but the field position battle is one of the most important aspects of football and our return/coverage units (with a little help from the officials ignoring some blocks in the back on punt coverage) were the worst I've seen them in a long time.

The most embarrassing thing to happen outside the lines was the post game suggestion by ET that they were better off on defense if Wagner hadn't played. He can think it all he wants and while none of us knows how close to 100% Wagner was yesterday, he might even have been right to think it, but that's not something you say to the press. I don't care how frustrated he was, it's not going to help them going forward over the next two weeks to take shots at each other in the press. Earl's been letting his frustration get to him the past couple of years. First, with the suggestion that he'd retire after getting hurt last year and now with calling out Wagner for trying to play through injury, something that Thomas has also done in the past... nothing good can come from that stuff. I hope they talk it out this week and Earl realizes it was a dumb thing to say, even if he meant it in a different way than it came out and I hope that Bobby chalks it up to the frustration of getting blown out and doesn't think twice about it going forward. They've had two of the most frustrating weeks since probably 2011 over the past two weeks. They need to get past that and concentrate on Dallas or they'll play themselves out of the playoffs before the final week even begins.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most embarrassing thing to happen outside the lines was the post game suggestion by ET that they were better off on defense if Wagner hadn't played. He can think it all he wants and while none of us knows how close to 100% Wagner was yesterday, he might even have been right to think it, but that's not something you say to the press. I don't care how frustrated he was, it's not going to help them going forward over the next two weeks to take shots at each other in the press. Earl's been letting his frustration get to him the past couple of years. First, with the suggestion that he'd retire after getting hurt last year and now with calling out Wagner for trying to play through injury, something that Thomas has also done in the past... nothing good can come from that stuff. I hope they talk it out this week and Earl realizes it was a dumb thing to say, even if he meant it in a different way than it came out and I hope that Bobby chalks it up to the frustration of getting blown out and doesn't think twice about it going forward. They've had two of the most frustrating weeks since probably 2011 over the past two weeks. They need to get past that and concentrate on Dallas or they'll play themselves out of the playoffs before the final week even begins.

Yeah, that's a little harsh. It's not like Wagner going back out when the blowout was on showed that was the case with the back ups doing anything to play any better than a hobbled Wagner. I can think of only one play Thomas made, and several that he missed. Laying this on Wagner, when even hobbled he was one of our better defenders - if not the best (He was slower than usual, but he had several tackles where he just shut Gurley down). My only concern with Wagner out there when hobbled is whether he'll hurt himself more - not if he's hurting the team - because I don't think he hurt the defense.