• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They confirmed it already ?

yes, i am in LA till the Jan. 1st so they were on it like 5 minutes after the game ( LA news ). Wentz was Crying as he was walking off the field also so he knew going into the locker room. Feels bad man :(

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, i am in LA till the Jan. 1st so they were on it like 5 minutes after the game ( LA news ). Wentz was Crying as he was walking off the field also so he knew going into the locker room. Feels bad man :(

Saw a quick video, they had to cart Wentz to the team bus. Knee in a brace. Shame, this kid has been lights out.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dam ....

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad, the top team loses its qb and leaves the nfc wide open and our team just doesnt have what it takes to capitalize.

Going to be frustrating watching the vikings or rams or saints do what we should be doing.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 games next Saturday...

Bears vs Lion
Chargers vs Chiefs...

Go Chargers!

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are people forgetting that Jacksonville is the #1 defense in the league? I mean - we struggled for sure - but the offense put up 24 points on a team giving up less than 15 a game. Yeah they ran on our depleted defense, but they were also the number 1 running team - and it took nearly 40 carries to run for 150.

While the offenses can put up points in those three games - Dallas and Arizona have nowhere near the defense that Jacksonville does. Not guaranteeing a win by any means, but the Seahawks have a shot.

The fact that we allowed Blake Bortles to hang 30 on us and he had a clean pocket all day is what miffs me. The last sliver of hope left me when it was 3 and 11 and we needed a stop realizing they were going to run it and we still allowed the 1st down. Pathetic.

Easiest schedule in eons and we arent even going to make the playoffs. Everyone saying this team has been broken since SB49 was right.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been a steady decilne.
13-3
12-4
10-6
10-5-1
9-7

Its time to move the offense forward with a new system, if carroll isnt on board then he needs to go also.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that we allowed Blake Bortles to hang 30 on us and he had a clean pocket all day is what miffs me. The last sliver of hope left me when it was 3 and 11 and we needed a stop realizing they were going to run it and we still allowed the 1st down. Pathetic.

Easiest schedule in eons and we arent even going to make the playoffs. Everyone saying this team has been broken since SB49 was right.

Bortles and the Jags have hung 30 on 4 occasions this season, so it's not like this sort of thing never happens. Also, the Jags have a very good offensive line (Bortles has been sacked just 20 times this season) and they are well balanced with the run/pass keeping the defense from just pinning their ears back and coming for Bortles.

When I claimed they were a near carbon copy of the 2012 Seahawks, I meant that they relied on the run game to win the game for them. Even though Bortles threw 2 touchdowns, it was really their commitment to the run that made it possible for him to be as effective as he was.

Hell, Jacksonville scored 10 points off turnovers, and another 7 off special teams. Just keeping Mickens bottled up on that punt return coulda been the difference in the game. It was a hard fought competition that any number of plays going the other way woulda changed the outcome and/or margin of victory.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bortles and the Jags have hung 30 on 4 occasions this season, so it's not like this sort of thing never happens.

Against Baltimore, Pittsburgh (5 turnovers), Indy, and us. Thats pretty sad. Thought our D was a little better than that. Even Earl Thomas was tearful in his post game interview wondering how a QB of Bortles stature managed to look like the ghost of Johnny Unitas. The D absolutely stunk out loud yesterday.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against Baltimore, Pittsburgh (5 turnovers), Indy, and us. Thats pretty sad. Thought our D was a little better than that. Even Earl Thomas was tearful in his post game interview wondering how a QB of Bortles stature managed to look like the ghost of Johnny Unitas. The D absolutely stunk out loud yesterday.

Yeah, a defense that is a ghost of the one that started the season. When the last snap happened yesterday, there was over 1/2 of the defensive back 7 out of the game. Even if our defense was still the 2013 version - it would still not be able to handle the losses of Sherman, Chancellor, Wagner and Wright and keep playing like it was the best in the NFL.

Also:

Baltimore #5
Pittsburgh #7
Seattle #8
Indianapolis #31

So - Jacksonville has put up 30 or more against 3 top 10 defenses, and Seattle wasn't even the best of the 3. I know it's hard to look past the Jacksonville ineptitude of the last 6 seasons and see that this year's team is very good.

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13-3
12-4
10-6
10-5-1
9-7

Its time to move the offense forward with a new system, if carroll isnt on board then he needs to go also.

I think its over the top to say Carroll should go, he is after all the best coach Seattle has ever had. However, they need to go back to what made them great originally; all positions are open to competition. They also need to get out of the mentality that they have to keep every star defensive player. Since Wilson is going to be the teams highest paid player for the foreseeable future they need to bring in free-agents to bolster up the OL. They also should try to get younger guys on defense and focus on the DL over DB. The legion of boom wasn't going to last forever and it would be a good time for the team to start looking beyond them. Oh and get a kicker who can make 99% of his kicks as well lol

The patriots have a great model for success: keep Brady, Oline, and the kicker intact and everyone else is expendable. No reason we couldn't do something similar.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, let's fire the best coach the Seahawks history. :L

if he doesnt see the need to change directions on offense then he is part of the problem.

or we watch the team continue to devolve into a mess with continually scoreless first halfs. seems people around here enjoy watching terrible offensive football for at least half a game every week.

I think its over the top to say Carroll should go, he is after all the best coach Seattle has ever had. However, they need to go back to what made them great originally; all positions are open to competition. They also need to get out of the mentality that they have to keep every star defensive player. Since Wilson is going to be the teams highest paid player for the foreseeable future they need to bring in free-agents to bolster up the OL. They also should try to get younger guys on defense and focus on the DL over DB. The legion of boom wasn't going to last forever and it would be a good time for the team to start looking beyond them. Oh and get a kicker who can make 99% of his kicks as well lol

The patriots have a great model for success: keep Brady, Oline, and the kicker intact and everyone else is expendable. No reason we couldn't do something similar.

and if carroll refuses to do this is it over the top to dump him?

yes he has built a great defense but its starting to fade as the great draft picks get older and have not been replaced.

at this point the question is if its the system or if they simply hit home runs in the draft.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless something ridiculous happens, we're looking at another double-digit win season and potentially another division title. If you had told me when the Hawks were routinely putting up 6-8 wins a season that they would eventually go on to have a chance at six straight double-digit win seasons, multiple Super Bowl appearances and at least one championship and then you told me that there were people who wanted the coach who led the team to all those accomplishments fired, I would be both ecstatic about that kind of success and completely dumbfounded that anyone would want the team to fire one of the two architects of that success.

Carroll has his faults, both as a coach and as a personnel decision-maker, but, and I've said this repeatedly over the years, unless the team absolutely falls off a cliff without the aid of a rash of significant injuries to justify it, you absolutely DO NOT entertain the thought of getting rid of him if you're Paul Allen. If Carroll decides on his own to walk away, that's different, but you don't force him out. He's earned the right to go out on his own terms. This team's best chance of getting back to and winning more Super Bowls in the very near future is with Pete Carroll as head coach/Exec. VP of Football Operations.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless something ridiculous happens, we're looking at another double-digit win season and potentially another division title. If you had told me when the Hawks were routinely putting up 6-8 wins a season that they would eventually go on to have a chance at six straight double-digit win seasons, multiple Super Bowl appearances and at least one championship and then you told me that there were people who wanted the coach who led the team to all those accomplishments fired, I would be both ecstatic about that kind of success and completely dumbfounded that anyone would want the team to fire one of the two architects of that success.

Carroll has his faults, both as a coach and as a personnel decision-maker, but, and I've said this repeatedly over the years, unless the team absolutely falls off a cliff without the aid of a rash of significant injuries to justify it, you absolutely DO NOT entertain the thought of getting rid of him if you're Paul Allen. If Carroll decides on his own to walk away, that's different, but you don't force him out. He's earned the right to go out on his own terms. This team's best chance of getting back to and winning more Super Bowls in the very near future is with Pete Carroll as head coach/Exec. VP of Football Operations.

The only thing you blow up is the o-line coach. Cable needs to be axed.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing you blow up is the o-line coach. Cable needs to be axed.

Now that I can agree with. I think the team would have a much easier time finding a better offensive line coach than they would finding a better head coach. The only potential issue with that is that there would presumably come a shake-up with the scheme and/or personnel with that change and the offensive line has been so bad for so long that I wonder if people would have the patience to wait it out if all that newness didn't come with immediate positive results. That isn't to say that the team shouldn't do it anyway, but it's like being a Mariners fan in that the longer they're out of the playoffs, the more some people just want to blow it all up and start over, except when the team does blow it up and start over, those same people want faster results than it's realistic to expect. I hope that makes sense.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bortles got hot and had a superb game hitting his WR's in stride. Our D was on their butts all day but you fail to realize sometimes the other team has a great game.
Regarding the 3rd and 11, yep it hurt to see. That was well after Wright and Wagner went out. Calling it pathetic isn't considering our injury status. We were solidly in that game until we lost the 2 LB's.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13-3
12-4
10-6
10-5-1
9-7

Eh...piss off.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bortles got hot and had a superb game hitting his WR's in stride. Our D was on their butts all day but you fail to realize sometimes the other team has a great game.
Regarding the 3rd and 11, yep it hurt to see. That was well after Wright and Wagner went out. Calling it pathetic isn't considering our injury status. We were solidly in that game until we lost the 2 LB's.
Jags are a playoff team this year. They are pretty good and this was on their home turf and the Seahawks were injury riddled. Was a good effort IMO by the Seahawks. Got to beat those Rams some how despite the multiple injuries on defense. RW has got to sparkle in this game, even more then usual.