• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Rams

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is arguing that it shouldn't of been reviewed. We are simply stating that bc there was no clear recover and bc the ball was at the bottom of about 8 players it can't be said who ended up with it besides who the refs initially stated had it.

The refs never proclaimed who recovered the ball at the point of actual possession (i.e., in the final pile, not where they claimed #46 had possession). The replay would have and did clearly show that he did not have possession. Perhaps a ref looking at what should have been the pile that determined possession did actually know whom to give it to.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They showed a replay in the stadium where the Seahawks clearly recovered. It's why Pete was halfway on the field calling for a review. I thought he was gonna tackle the center.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I thought that was a bullshit call also... Bowmen had possession ... I even openly said they need to change the replay's on that crap... BUT you guy's ironically got the ball back the next play...

Bowman... The difference between the 2 plays: clear evidence of recovery of the ball

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we did get screwed... That play was a game ending fucked up call.. Rams did not recover that fumble bottom line... Sure we played bad and got ourselves in a hole but that doesn't excuse a bad call like that... Rams got let off the hook ... The way our offense was flowing I think a field goal was a realistic possibility...

Hard to tell even if they ruled we recovered. Russ was great today but he did throw an INT last week to end the game and also in SD as well. If we play a solid 60 minutes like we are capable of doing, a lot of things that went on should be a moot point. Unfortunately we stink right now.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special teams cost the Seahawks the game, not the refs.

Yes we played like shit but you can't take away that pathetic call to end the game... Rams got a gift there... They fumbled and didn't have to pay for it... So when you say the refs didn't affect the outcome I say BS.. they made a bad call to end the game... So they did affect it..

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is: EVERYONE was to blame today, from our boneheaded penalties to a defense that didn't even TRY to that supposed fumble.

And Pete had better address this in post-game if he has any brains left in him!

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They showed a replay in the stadium where the Seahawks clearly recovered. It's why Pete was halfway on the field calling for a review. I thought he was gonna tackle the center.

:wtf2:

clearly the ref picked it up not the seahawk player

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs never proclaimed who recovered the ball at the point of actual possession (i.e., in the final pile, not where they claimed #46 had possession). The replay would have and did clearly show that he did not have possession. Perhaps a ref looking at what should have been the pile that determined possession did actually know whom to give it to.

So you think the refs starting picking apart the pile, then thought.. "Wait this is too confusing, let's just give it to the Rams back there!"? Makes sense.. :L

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The refs was also signaling to the ground indicating they ruled the Rams recovered on the initial fumble and not in the pile. Which is why I'm absolutely dumfounded since the ball was still bouncing around like a hot potato

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowman... The difference between the 2 plays: clear evidence of recovery of the ball

There was also NO EVIDENCE the Rams recovered the ball... Watch the play... Refs have no business calling possession before they know who possesses the ball... They made the decision based on NOTHING

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no honest, sane human being can watch that replay and say we didnt recover the ball.

so its no wonder a niners fans would say we didnt.

can we get some temp bans on the trolls for today?

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When do the refs ever tell us what player recovered the ball in a scrum like that? I have never seen that

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think the refs starting picking apart the pile, then thought.. "Wait this is too confusing, let's just give it to the Rams back there!"? Makes sense.. :L

No, I think that one ref (probably the head ref) decided he thought the ball was recovered by #46 and called it as such. The rest of the refs were in the act of digging into the pile and probably had and certainly could have determined who they thought had possession. The Head ref came up and called the spot back where #46 fumble-fucked the ball away when he tried to dive on it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs was also signaling to the ground indicating they ruled the Rams recovered on the initial fumble and not in the pile. Which is why I'm absolutely dumfounded since the ball was still bouncing around like a hot potato

Exactly... They just awarded it to the first Ram that never possessed it... People in here arguing saying it wasn't a bad call need to actually WATCH the play... League will be apologizing to Pete Carroll...

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was also NO EVIDENCE the Rams recovered the ball... Watch the play... Refs have no business calling possession before they know who possesses the ball... They made the decision based on NOTHING

And there was NO EVIDENCE the Seahawks clearly recovered the ball so it doesn't matter. The play on the field would have stood not confirmed because there is no clear evidence either way which is usually how it is on plays like that, you just can't tell from replays. I have seen guys clearly come out of the pile with the ball but they give it to the other team. Shit happens.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

clearly the ref picked it up not the seahawk player

The ball bounced around after 2 Rams and a Seahawk missed it. Then a Seahawk jumped on the ball and had sole possession for at least a second. At that moment, a Ram jumped on him and a pile ensued. He had possession before the pile and should have been down on contact.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do the refs ever tell us what player recovered the ball in a scrum like that? I have never seen that

Other than just about every other NFL or collegiate, game I guess I'm not sure.... what the fuck are you asking? Have you never seen a pile where the ref's dig into it for 30 seconds to a minute and then point one way or the other? You comment on an NFL board but never actually watch games?

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I think that one ref (probably the head ref) decided he thought the ball was recovered by #46 and called it as such. The rest of the refs were in the act of digging into the pile and probably had and certainly could have determined who they thought had possession. The Head ref came up and called the spot back where #46 fumble-fucked the ball away when he tried to dive on it.

Wow do you not know the rules.. The ref brought it back to where Mason fumbled the ball because you can't fumble forward and recover and get those yards like that. Since the Rams recovered they brought the ball back to where Mason fumbled.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there was NO EVIDENCE the Seahawks clearly recovered the ball so it doesn't matter. The play on the field would have stood not confirmed because there is no clear evidence either way which is usually how it is on plays like that, you just can't tell from replays. I have seen guys clearly come out of the pile with the ball but they give it to the other team. Shit happens.

Just go away. You won't see your board swarmed with Seahawks fans if you lose to the Broncos tonight.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow do you not know the rules.. The ref brought it back to where Mason fumbled the ball because you can't fumble forward and recover and get those yards like that. Since the Rams recovered they brought the ball back to where Mason fumbled.

Dude .... I'm gonna say it one more time... The Rams NEVER RECOVERED the ball...