• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs Patriots SportsHoopla analysis/discussion

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get this, my son's robotics team has a meet scheduled out across the state on SB Sunday and he's going to miss the game. The poor dude's been waiting for the Pats to win a SB since he was a wee lad. He's PISSED.

WTF are they thinking?

LOL @ your nerd son!

J/K...seriously, that sucks. I missed the Panthers vs. Patriot Superb Owl back in 04 because I was on a plane. I have never watched that game and I never will. There is no substitute for watching it live.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has too much talk of actual x's and o's football... I don't think that's what we're supposed to be talking about for the next 2 weeks.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Then here's one prediction I read elsewhere that's pretty funny.
The Patriots are down 3 points with one second left in the game on their own 20.
Brady calls the huddle, there are only 10 men in it. Out of the stands runs a tall black man in a suit, he joins the huddle. The play is called and the huddle breaks. It's Randy fucking Moss. He lines up just outside the tackle, reports in as eligible. The ball is snapped and he runs a streak, Brady bombs it and he makes an unbelievable catch and run for the 80 yard TD, as John Harbaugh simultaneously dies of a brain aneurysm caused by the fact that it was a deceptive play. Pats win, Brady is goat, has sex with Gisele on the field, Belichick ascends to the death star and Moss disappears, never to be seen again.

:yahoo:

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explosive Passing...

Browns at #2 and Redskins at #5?

Does this stat hold any water? Why is it +16 yards? Why not go to +20 yards?

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two questions about the Pats from the original post that I didn't see an answer to. In your opinion/based on your knowledge:

-Will the Pats assign a spy to Russell Wilson (Hightower? Wilson?)

-Do the Pats still sometimes switch and run a 3-4 alignment or did they scrap that after early season struggles and stick mostly to base 4-3 and Nickel packages for the majority?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Will the Pats assign a spy to Russell Wilson (Hightower? Wilson?)
I imagine they'll borrow from the Packers and mix between 2-4 people who will play spy from various positions

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to see how the Pats faired against mobile QBs, but I can't see any games on their schedule where they have really had to play them this year. They faced Geno Smith or Bridgewater who they faced in his second career start?

Smith had two pretty good games (for him) against the Pats. He didn't have many rushing yards in his second game. Vick didn't play in either of the Pats games. The Pats struggled against the Jets and barely squeezed out wins by getting blocked FGs late in both games.

It is an interesting comparision in that the Jets are in someways a poorman's version of the Seahawks: Strong D, good ground game, weak passing game.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is distraction, Hawks will likely blow out Pats

I am coming around to the argument that ball doctoring, dominated even by Oprah these days, and being discussed overseas in media outlets will dominate the super bowl.

As a Pats fan, I would like to think this is a rally cry..............but as I looked at Tom;s face yesterday, discussing how QBs like their balls a certain way, it looked like this has beaten him down.

I think the game will be ugly. The 2psi differential is dominating WORLD media. The most famous sports figure in the modern NFL is a villain. Giselle willl be in his ear everyday. His team members will doubt him.

Prediction is a blow out for the Hawks.

Tom cant handle the barrage of a reporters from Istanbul to London wanting their moment to shine back in their home countries outlets.

I have people from Japan texting me on this...........really?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will happen will be little affect on this,maybe the Pats rally because of it that is what many Hawk fans are thinking that i have been talking to.

I am done with the whole ball discussion tbh,the game will be played fairly that is for sure,well unless there is some crazy calls but i hope it does not come down to that.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the preparation and game itself will be welcome. It could effect them negatively but the game after Spygate was announced they dismantled a good San Diego team.

Seattle is certainly better but there's no better way to get rid of those frustrations than on an opponent.

I just hope Belichick wasn't distracted.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am coming around to the argument that ball doctoring, dominated even by Oprah these days, and being discussed overseas in media outlets will dominate the super bowl.

As a Pats fan, I would like to think this is a rally cry..............but as I looked at Tom;s face yesterday, discussing how QBs like their balls a certain way, it looked like this has beaten him down.

I think the game will be ugly. The 2psi differential is dominating WORLD media. The most famous sports figure in the modern NFL is a villain. Giselle willl be in his ear everyday. His team members will doubt him.

Prediction is a blow out for the Hawks.

Tom cant handle the barrage of a reporters from Istanbul to London wanting their moment to shine back in their home countries outlets.

I have people from Japan texting me on this...........really?
Is this some jedi mind trick kind of stuff? :noidea: Giving yourself an out in case the game goes south? Making it more exciting if your team wins and it's a big win?

Brady being in this spot shouldn't impact the game much if at all IMO. Next week is a media circus with or without stories like this as it is and the distractions are always there. Both teams have been there and done that. The game planning is done during this week and I can't imagine this topic lasted more than 2 minutes of any practice or meeting for that process.

The game will be decided on the field of play. Seattle has their own issues with half of the LOB having serious medical questions about their readiness and ability to play at a high level for the whole game. They are very thin at WR as well and can't afford any issues out there for the ones they do have. Add in not having anyone that can take the fucking ball out of the end zone on kickoffs... :L :gaah: I could get into banged up lines and other missing players, but that's the case with every team this time of year. It's going to come down to who executes better with the players they do have now and no one will know that until the game has come and gone.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this some jedi mind trick kind of stuff? :noidea: Giving yourself an out in case the game goes south? Making it more exciting if your team wins and it's a big win?

Brady being in this spot shouldn't impact the game much if at all IMO. Next week is a media circus with or without stories like this as it is and the distractions are always there. Both teams have been there and done that. The game planning is done during this week and I can't imagine this topic lasted more than 2 minutes of any practice or meeting for that process.

The game will be decided on the field of play. Seattle has their own issues with half of the LOB having serious medical questions about their readiness and ability to play at a high level for the whole game. They are very thin at WR as well and can't afford any issues out there for the ones they do have. Add in not having anyone that can take the fucking ball out of the end zone on kickoffs... :L :gaah: I could get into banged up lines and other missing players, but that's the case with every team this time of year. It's going to come down to who executes better with the players they do have now and no one will know that until the game has come and gone.

I agree WH there is no excuse for either team, win or lose. These are paid professionals and cant let this get into their heads. The better team on next Sunday will hoist the Lombardi and hoping for a great game. What a matchup!!!

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Distraction yes, a Hawks blow out ensures

Truly believe this event, where media around the world is settling in on Arizona, while the NFL slowly investigates Brady for messing with the balls as a QB, is going to take a toll on Tom. I have changed my tune after seeing the stress on his face.

Does 2PSI matter? Did others mess with balls, is their clear evidence, it just does not matter anymore what is discovered. This subject dominates the world media and the most famous player they have.

This could become a ugly game for the Pats

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly believe this event, where media around the world is settling in on Arizona, while the NFL slowly investigates Brady for messing with the balls as a QB, is going to take a toll on Tom. I have changed my tune after seeing the stress on his face.

Does 2PSI matter? Did others mess with balls, is their clear evidence, it just does not matter anymore what is discovered. This subject dominates the world media and the most famous player they have.

So what your saying is that if the Pats lose ,lost due to "Deflate Gate" thats nice.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what your saying is that if the Pats lose ,lost due to "Deflate Gate" thats nice.

basically it is what most are thinking. with all this attention and pressure added on the Pats more than likely will comeout completly flat and get hammered.

the story after the game will be did this happen because of the scandle?

thats just the reality of this situation. Seahawks will win and i think win big

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like he did something, or knows something

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the opening KO happens, all the BS is forgotten and it is football time.

I'm just trying to score tickets without having to get up the 1st son and the left nut. Presently, sellers want the kid and both nutz.
Someone is going to get a great kid, but the nutz aren't what they once were.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have Pats winning by 6. this scandal wont change the results. Players have to make plays, so no excuses. If Seattle wins , then they are the better team

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have brought it on himself sonny. No excuses. I never saw him look like that . We will know early on.