• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs Patriots SportsHoopla analysis/discussion

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't judge Seattle on their 1st half performance in one game. but that's me.

Lots of people will allow this to dominate their "analysis" when making predictions for this game though. We are way too heavily influenced by whatever we saw last.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of people will allow this to dominate their "analysis" when making predictions for this game though. We are way too heavily influenced by whatever we saw last.

I'm Ok with that. What they should have seen last was the Seattle defense holding the MVP and consensus "best QB in football" to a 53.8 QB rating, only one TD despite being in the redzone 7 times (twice from the one yard line), and throwing two picks. The focus for the SB will be on Brady vs the Seahawks defense and our defense certainly didn't have a bad game on Sunday.

The PK

Capo Di Tutti Capi
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Yoko's the only one who kept it real. He cannot fucking catch the ball too. Fortunately we have Edleman who will catch it.

Pre Yoko, 3 Lombardis.
Post Yoko, none

SCOREBOARD.

:scratch:

Sgt. Schultz

I KNOW NUTTZING!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense usually prevails in these contests....the Colts had no running game making Luck one dimensional...Colts couldn't couldn't stop the run leaving their D prone to Brady and Co.....Green Bay should have been up 21-0....Seattle's offense was non existent in the first half ...Russell Wilson was horrible....Seattle will not play that bad again...not in the Super Bowl....Seattle will Marshawn Lynch the Pat's to death....Amendola and Edelman will be hearing the pitter patter of footsteps when going over the middle....leaving Brady and Gronk to do it all by themselves.....this won't be as ugly as Seahawks/ Broncos.....but it won't be much better....and if they did deflate those footballs... losing another 1st round pick won't sit very well with Kraft who I believe called Belichick a "schmuck" after the spygate fines...

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you definitely pass to set up the run. But the problem is 3 all pro's in that Seattle secondary and very good LBs as well. New England is praying that Blount can make some noise.

And yes we are coached by boobs. Young team, with an offensive boob coordinator.

Well, at least the woman in your avatar knows how to handle a shotgun, so you got that going for you :L

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Belichick will limit Lynch an make Wilson beat his defense with his arm. I expect a disciplined rush and a well formed pocket and very little pressure (containment). Make Wilson throw over the line. Belichick & Patricia are pretty good about taking two or three things you do well and eliminating them. That's Lynch and Wilson's scrambling.

Offensively, the Pats have to hope the OL can hold up and Brady brings his "A" game - that defense is for real. Not sure how to attack it with the Pats personnel and this is the biggest challenge of the game. It's going to take McDaniel's best gameplan to date to be effective against that defense.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of discipline, I think these are the 2 most penalized teams in 2014 going to the SB

Can't say i saw that coming.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only hope the players feel that way.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense usually prevails in these contests....the Colts had no running game making Luck one dimensional...Colts couldn't couldn't stop the run leaving their D prone to Brady and Co.....Green Bay should have been up 21-0....Seattle's offense was non existent in the first half ...Russell Wilson was horrible....Seattle will not play that bad again...not in the Super Bowl....Seattle will Marshawn Lynch the Pat's to death....Amendola and Edelman will be hearing the pitter patter of footsteps when going over the middle....leaving Brady and Gronk to do it all by themselves.....this won't be as ugly as Seahawks/ Broncos.....but it won't be much better....and if they did deflate those footballs... losing another 1st round pick won't sit very well with Kraft who I believe called Belichick a "schmuck" after the spygate fines...
Wow! Schultz! Strong to the hoop!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't know until the game plays out, will we?

I think they'll make a serious effort. If Green Bay didn't have success running I'd be less optimistic. We're not talking 200 yards here. It has to be enough to take the edge off a pass rush and sell the play-action.

That's possible.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touchdowns and not Field Goals.

Tom Brady throwing against a banged up secondary with a Monster Truck target in Gronk. The patriots will move the ball on Seattle and will score TDs where Green Bay stalled and only got FGs.

Brady and Bill are smart and will test those injuries no doubt and if those guys are injured good luck trying to tackle that Monster Truck.

Packers didn't move that ball much on Seattle's D ... They were spotted field position from Seattle's offense turning the ball over multiple times... Also check the stats on how good Seattle's D is stopping elite TE ... There the best at it... Ask Davis and Graham ...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found these for the current season. Some myth busting is about to occur.
(defined as 16+ yards)

explosivepasspercentage.png

Only Philly and Chicago gave up more explosive pass plays to other teams than the Patriots...
explosivepassesallowed.png

At giving up explosive running plays, the Pats come in at 14th. Better. But still middle of the road. Seattle ranks 5th.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found these for the current season. Some myth busting is about to occur.
(defined as 16+ yards)

explosivepasspercentage.png

Only Philly and Chicago gave up more explosive pass plays to other teams than the Patriots...
explosivepassesallowed.png

At giving up explosive running plays, the Pats come in at 14th. Better. But still middle of the road. Seattle ranks 5th.

You need to keep posting the first chart as much as possible.

:whistle:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One good thing about watching the playoffs with no vested interest you can really focus on the play.

SEA wins if;

1. They can get consistent pressure on Brady on 3rd down.
  2. They can keep Beast Mode in the game for all 4Q...i.e. not fall behind more than 2 possession

NE wins if;

1. They protect Brady
  2. Continue to spread the ball around
  3. Get Gronk the ball 10+ times
  4. Get up 2+ possessions in the 2nd and take Beast Mode out of the game

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5) pay-off reffs,.....6) deflate balls,....7) film seahawk's practices,.....8) create more/illegal-formations,....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5) pay-off reffs,.....6) deflate balls,....7) film seahawk's practices,.....8) create more/illegal-formations,....

LOL, like it really mattered vs IND!

Ya know...I really don't know what to think about that...(deflated balls)...sports talk radio locally had a former NFL ref on yesterday and he said that it's the officials job to check all 12 balls and put some type of unique marking on them...6 marked for the home team and 6 for the visiting team....in addition they have 6 "k balls" for each team....K balls for kickers.

After the game starts he said the K balls are supposed to be under watch by the extra official because kickers have been known to "rough up" balls, etc....the other balls, they just make sure when the visiting team OFC is on the field they are using "their" balls and vice versa.

Said all that to say if the balls were deflated, they were most likely "allowed" in play by the officials before the game started...very doubtful the balls were tampered with while the game was in progress.

Still, when you couple it with the other things you mentioned it probably does get into the head of the opposing HC.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, like it really mattered vs IND!

Ya know...I really don't know what to think about that...(deflated balls)...sports talk radio locally had a former NFL ref on yesterday and he said that it's the officials job to check all 12 balls and put some type of unique marking on them...6 marked for the home team and 6 for the visiting team....in addition they have 6 "k balls" for each team....K balls for kickers.

After the game starts he said the K balls are supposed to be under watch by the extra official because kickers have been known to "rough up" balls, etc....the other balls, they just make sure when the visiting team OFC is on the field they are using "their" balls and vice versa.

Said all that to say if the balls were deflated, they were most likely "allowed" in play by the officials before the game started...very doubtful the balls were tampered with while the game was in progress.

Still, when you couple it with the other things you mentioned it probably does get into the head of the opposing HC.

:fify:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can keep Beast Mode in the game for all 4Q...i.e. not fall behind more than 2 possession
Seattle has shown that they'll keep going to Lynch even if they fall behind two possessions. What people dont factor in is how much of the offense is Russell Wilson. I think Lynch is the scarier player but Wilson is asked to do a lot.