• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Dolphins

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its only Tuesday but I would like to start talking about the game. I gonna note that this offensive line is going to have their work cut out for them these first 4 with the Dolphins, Rams, and Jets DL

So our offensive line didn't look to bad in the preseason considering we have a brand new 5 man line and britt looks like a freaking pro bowler at C. With that being said week 1 they are going to face Mario Williams, Suh, and Wake. I have a friend who is a dolphin fan that swears up and down that Reshad Jones is a better Safety than Kam Chancellor (his numbers are pretty good to be honest) so it will be interesting how the offense will perform with Rawls coming back from injury.

On the defensive side of the ball I hope we see a lot of Sherman vs Landry that would be fun to watch. Foster will be the starting back and Ryan Tannerhill has never played in Seattle so hopefully this will be a shell shock for him when he comes up. What does scare me is that this defense has been known to breakdown from the opposing TE position and Jordan Cameron can catch a football. If I remember correctly the seahawks did try to go after him in free agency before we pulled off the Jimmy Graham trade. Whats everyones thoughts?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has started out on the road to open up the year what seems quite a few years in a row and has started off slow, so hopefully the home opener the offense can get on track early and gets some quick points on the board. Keep that Dolphins D guessing and on their heels. Defense needs to get at Tanny early and force him into some quick 3 and outs and an early turnover. Also would like to see Foster held down cause he can be a top 5 back when healthy and when he starts going, he can put up big numbers.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line is Hawks -10.5, which is the biggest spread of week 1. To me the burden of proof is squarely on Miami as to why they shouldn't get beaten convincingly here.

Sure, there are some matchups in Miami's favor, maybe both OL/DL comparisons, but I feel that is not going to come close to outweighing how far superior Seattle is to them virtually everywhere else.

One interesting note: Byron Maxwell returning to Seattle as a visitor, should make for some good matchups with former teammates Baldwin & Kearse.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a retreat for a leadership team at UVic from 8:30 am till 7pm. I'll Tevo it and do my commentary when i get home which should be about 7:30-8

What somewhat worriez me are Suh and Wake. How are going to stop em?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a fantasy related question, do you guys believe that right now tyler lockett is the #1 or #2 WR on your team? Or is he really behind a guy like jermaine kerse? Also what do you believe is his role based off watching preseason? Thanks

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a fantasy related question, do you guys believe that right now tyler lockett is the #1 or #2 WR on your team? Or is he really behind a guy like jermaine kerse? Also what do you believe is his role based off watching preseason? Thanks

Good to see people moving around without trolling us.

I think Ty might be the 2nd WR. But we use alot of 3 WR set and he is our KR/PR (if that matters)

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is our #3 option behind Kearse at WR I wouldnt expect a big year out of him we will still look to run the ball with Rawls. I am guessing lockett will have like a 700-800 yard with 5-6 TDs at the most this season assuming neither kearse or Baldwin are injured. His major role on the team is to return kicks and punts

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's the # 2 WR in passing downs, Kearse on running downs is #2. Seahawks have been a run based offense, but if the run game sputters, they got a quick tempo pass offense that works and may be what the Seahawks lean on in the up coming season. No one knows yet how the offense is going to work yet, could continue be run heavy or they could put the offense in RW hands and pass more often. Going to be interesting to see.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the spread on this game is absolutely ridiculous. Easy money for Miami to cover. On paper Seattle is still the better team but they have way too many kinks to work out to come out winning by more than 10. The Dolphins D line is solid and you can bet your ass Miami is going to have success running those intermediate routes with Landry, Parker (assuming he plays), and Foster coming out of the backfield. They're going to look to sustain long drives and wear out the defense while keeping Russ off the field.

Lockett and Ryan are going to be big in this one, at least in the first half. I'm predicting a real slow first two quarters for the Seattle offense so field position is going to be big. They'll adjust and come out strong for the second half as usual but they're going to need to avoid stalling out in the redzone if they want the win here.

I'm going 23-20 Seattle. Russ gets it done with his feet on a late TD, D holds strong to finish it off.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the spread on this game is absolutely ridiculous. Easy money for Miami to cover. On paper Seattle is still the better team but they have way too many kinks to work out to come out winning by more than 10. The Dolphins D line is solid and you can bet your ass Miami is going to have success running those intermediate routes with Landry, Parker (assuming he plays), and Foster coming out of the backfield. They're going to look to sustain long drives and wear out the defense while keeping Russ off the field.

Lockett and Ryan are going to be big in this one, at least in the first half. I'm predicting a real slow first two quarters for the Seattle offense so field position is going to be big. They'll adjust and come out strong for the second half as usual but they're going to need to avoid stalling out in the redzone if they want the win here.

I'm going 23-20 Seattle. Russ gets it done with his feet on a late TD, D holds strong to finish it off.
Spot on!

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the # 2 WR in passing downs, Kearse on running downs is #2. Seahawks have been a run based offense, but if the run game sputters, they got a quick tempo pass offense that works and may be what the Seahawks lean on in the up coming season. No one knows yet how the offense is going to work yet, could continue be run heavy or they could put the offense in RW hands and pass more often. Going to be interesting to see.

Yep cant wait to see what happens. I have rawls and lockett on my team right now. Lockett hopefully is that loto ticket

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Either that, or we win 27-13.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also does anyone think christine michael can take rawls job at all or atleast be a RBBC?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also does anyone think christine michael can take rawls job at all or atleast be a RBBC?

Carroll has shown no interest in running a RBBC offense in the past. Michael has shown to be a different back, but I would think that it's Rawls job to lose, but he will have to be fully healthy and show he hasn't lost anything with his injury.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pick him... I think he's gonna put up some good numbers ... Russ and Tyler have a chemistry that's growing... I think he's gonna have some pretty good numbers this year...