• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Dolphins

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Aaron Donald ejected from what looks like contact with the ref that the ref initiated (and it was so minor I had to pause and replay several times to even think I might think I know what exactly got him ejected).

I didn't see this incident (or much of this game) because I was watching the M's win their 6th game in a row, but it sounds like he spiked his helmet on his way off the field. I don't think that's going to help his cause when the league goes to review the incident to see whether an apology (from the league), a fine and/or a suspension is appropriate.

The Rams did not look good from what I did get to see and if they're without Donald next week because of this, that can only help the Seahawks.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting fact from Elias Sports Bureau: The Seahawks are now 4-1 since 2013 when they lose the turnover battle by two or more. Not that I would like to see them continue to go -2 in the turnover battle every week, but it's interesting that they've been that good over the past few years when they haven't protected the ball very well.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and by the way, 2nd & goal from the 2, 30 sec left in the game, 1 TO remaining, down by 4....and we pass??? What a crappy call!!!!

Someone had to do it.

I wasn't going to go here, but since you did...

THAT is an example of an acceptable pass call in that situation. Much much MUCH better than a slant pass. Though a rollout pass (when Wilson isn't hobbled by injury) would be even better.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THAT is an example of an acceptable pass call in that situation. Much much MUCH better than a slant pass. Though a rollout pass (when Wilson isn't hobbled by injury) would be even better.
But 90% of the criticism was about not running the ball.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Aaron Donald ejected from what looks like contact with the ref that the ref initiated (and it was so minor I had to pause and replay several times to even think I might think I know what exactly got him ejected).
I thought it was because of the 2x unsportsmanlike penalty ejection rule, which he collected both on that one play.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a BIG problem when you do a role out pass option, it pulls the defense to that side of the Field. These type plays are good if you have a strong playaction to set it up only. The Hawks had no Playaction working in this game. That would have been a VERY bad call even if Wilson was 100% Healthy.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not.going.to.do.it.

aaaaaargh!

:)

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rams look like a train wreck. I didnt feel great about this upcoming game but last night put me somewhat at ease.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but that was never my problem with the play.
Me neither.

But I still think it goes to show that the vast majority of the critics only had an issue because of the play's result. I haven't seen one single person have a gripe about the call on Sunday. I'll acknowledge some differences in the situations, but there are certainly more similarities.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see this incident (or much of this game) because I was watching the M's win their 6th game in a row, but it sounds like he spiked his helmet on his way off the field. I don't think that's going to help his cause when the league goes to review the incident to see whether an apology (from the league), a fine and/or a suspension is appropriate.

The Rams did not look good from what I did get to see and if they're without Donald next week because of this, that can only help the Seahawks.

Looks like Donald took full blame (as he should) and the NFL won't suspend him. I guess he'll be in the line up this week. Side note, Keenum announced as starter this week for the Rams.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Carroll would love nothing more than to go 2-0, but secondary to that I'm sure he'd love to see his team win in his personal return to LA and wreck the Rams' return to LA party.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Carroll would love nothing more than to go 2-0, but secondary to that I'm sure he'd love to see his team win in his personal return to LA and wreck the Rams' return to LA party.

It would be a nice to get a little revenge to spoil their LA re-debut after getting swept last year. RW is probably chomping at the bit since this was the first time he got swept by a NFCW rival.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a nice to get a little revenge to spoil their LA re-debut after getting swept last year. RW is probably chomping at the bit since this was the first time he got swept by a NFCW rival.

Long over due for the Seahawks to play a good game vs the Rams, this could be the time it happens. I expect the Seahawks to throw quick rhythm passes to nullify that DLine and move the ball. Defensively the Seahawks should shut the Rams out.:hope:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long over due for the Seahawks to play a good game vs the Rams, this could be the time it happens. I expect the Seahawks to throw quick rhythm passes to nullify that DLine and move the ball. Defensively the Seahawks should shut the Rams out.:hope:

Yes indeed! I can't remember the last time the Hawks had a solid game against the Rams. Have to keep making their D-line guessing, get Rawls going and limit Gurley from gaining chunks of yards. If they can make Keenum pass more then 25x's we should win the turnover battle and the game.