• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs 49ers thread!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I heard he was practicing.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait yup he did practice today so i guess he could start...

"RENTON, Wash. -- Seattle Seahawks defensive ends Chris Clemons and Cliff Avril returned to full participation at practice Thursday, but starting cornerback Brandon Browner still did not practice because of a hamstring injury. "

Maybe i was thinking Browner for some reason.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browner didnt practice, Avril and Clem were full participants which is good. I didnt think there was any chance Clem would play in this game but it sounds like there is a chance. I still think they will hold him out, especially with Avril expected back.
Not having Browner would be unfortunate, I think he matches up with Boldin pretty well. I am confident in the secondary without him to get the job done.
Keep in mind last year the secondary didn't have Browner or Thurmond for the Niner game and did just fine. Sure the Niners didn't have Boldin but they did have Crabtree so I think that's almost a wash.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah im kool with what we got,just want Browner back at full health this year that stinking field in DC sucked.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemons will not start IMO, but I bet they bring him him for some big passing situations.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check it out Harold.

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks injury report:

Cliff Avril will be available on Sunday. :suds:

But Jordan Hill listed as out.

Clemmons game time decision.

Browner and Johnson are most likely out for game.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah im kool with what we got,just want Browner back at full health this year that stinking field in DC sucked.

I forgot, did Browner get hurt in DC last season too?!? I didn't realize. Wow, what happened to him? Knee?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot, did Browner get hurt in DC last season too?!? I didn't realize. Wow, what happened to him? Knee?

Hammy strain before the Carolina game. Nothing serious, but sounds like he won't be healed up in time for SF game.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Avril plays and I'm happy for that.

I don't think Browner plays and I'm not excited for that. Sherman won't be on Boldin all night, but when he is I expect Boldin to be non-existent.

My prediction is I think Earl Thomas has a big game. Bring him on blitzes please. He's a great tackler and is a game changing player when he's directly involved in plays.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't think Browner plays and I'm not excited for that. Sherman won't be on Boldin all night, but when he is I expect Boldin to be non-existent.

Yeah, probably not ALL night, but Sherman might be shadowing Boldin a lot. Michael Robinson is a guest on NFL Total Access this morning and he says that when Browner was out (with his suspension last year, I guess), Sherman would follow around the other team's #1 WR.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not at all worried about Boldin. The one weapon that the 49ers have that we don't really have an answer for is Vernon Davis. We were a bit lucky last year cause one, Vernon and Kaep wasn't in sync last year and two, Kam knocked him out of the game with that signature hit on the sidelines.

Physically Kam is able to match up with him size wise but Vernon is like a 91 speed and Kam is maybe 85.

I rewatched last year's game the other night and during our big scoring outburst, offensively we weren't exactly dominant.

Our first drive started with a good kick return and then a 15 yard penalty that put us right on the door step for that big 24 yard Marshawn td run. Our second drive we had some ridiculous catches. That heave in the air by Russell to Baldwin that bounces off his chest and lands back in his hands coming down. That amazing diving catch by Rice face planting into the sideline in the rain. Our third drive resulted in an int. Our 4th drive Russell was running around for his life and we get bailed out by the personal foul on Baldwin.

Point is, we are going to have to be much more efficient with the ball this time around. Last year was really a perfect storm the way everything happened.

I mean, are our receivers capable of making those incredible catches...of course. That's one of our strengths at the wr position, every guy can go up and make a play. Is the 12th man capable of drawing all of those penalties again...of course.

But I don't think we can necessarily rely on that. When the ball bounces your way the heaves result in a 43 yard catch by Baldwin...but if lady luck isn't on our side that bounces the wrong way and it's an int.

I think if we are going to win this game it's going to have be our defense making the plays again.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not Logic.

More than once last season, I wheeled out the thoughts of the irrepressible Walter Cherepinsky, owner and founder of walterfootball.com, and I was once again drawn to a line from dear ol' Walt this week when reading his thoughts on Sunday night. Before I divulge, I will add that he believes the Seahawks to be a good thing -3 this week and I will furnish you with his closing paragraph as it does stir the juices somewhat, but he makes an observation early in his piece that reads: ‘Seattle should also be able to handle Vernon Davis, which will give Colin Kaepernick limited options.'

See? Football is such a simple game to read. Handling Vernon Davis is easy. Walt says so and who are we to argue? It ain't that difficult. All stupidity aside, here Walt's recap and I dare you now not to wish away the hours even more until kickoff.

‘This will be the only time all year we'll get the Seahawks as favourites of three points or fewer as hosts. Let's take advantage of it. Seattle has such a dominant homefield advantage, which will only be magnified by kickoff being in the evening. Seahawk fans will be trying to break the crowd noise record at a professional sports game, and they just might be able to accomplish that. The 49ers won't know what hit them.'

NFL Odds Week 2: Seahawks vs. 49ers against the spread (ATS) - Field Gulls

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that we must be efficient with the ball and i have read that Carroll is going to spread the WR corp's out more than last week for the Niners.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
‘The 49ers won't know what hit them.'

I completely disagree about this one point the site made.

The 49ers and especially Kaepernick after that game last year will know full well what to expect from this game. Whether they can still execute knowing what's coming is another matter entirely but they aren't going to be caught off guard going into this game.

One of the big X factors in this game as I see it is Seattle's offensive line. If they play like they did against Carolina they have little chance of winning the game. Carolina has a good under appreciated front 7 but SF simply has a better one.

Another X factor is Kaepernick. I'm fully confident that Kaepernick has grown and will continue to grow as a passer but was his performance last week a product of playing a defense sold out against the run with a couple pieces missing or a sign of where he's at as a passer right now.

Which leads to my final X factor is Seattle's pass rush. If Seattle struggles to rush Kaepernick than it's not going to matter how good the secondary is Kap will find someone open or run it for chunks of yardage.

I expect Wilson to do his thing (assuming he's protecting) by having a few big plays a game and I expect Seattle's secondary to be tough with or without Browner. I also expect a healthy and fresh 9ers front 7 with healthy Smiths is going to give Seattle a lot more problems compared to week 7 and despite not running well last week I think the running game for SF is going to be a factor in this game since I don't think Seattle will completely sell out to stop the run like GB did.

I'm not sure where I come out in this game. I initially leaned Seattle because I believe when you have closely matched division opponents the results are in general home splits but I'm leaning more towards SF. I wouldn't say either team is firing on full cylinders but SF at this moment seems to have it more together than Seattle does right now.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jikkle you make a very valid point many up here are saying it will be a battle in the lines so yes the Hawks OLine will have to be on top of the game,for instance Okung is going to have to play lights out.

Pass rush yes the Hawks have to apply pressure to hopefully make Kap make some mistakes (That's what i will be hoping for) and produce a INT or two.

Lastly i agree that the Niners know what they are coming into for the most part,this just round two of a very long competition among these two teams with both the Rams and Cards getting stronger.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams know what's coming. We'll see tomorrow which team can impose it's will on the other.

Go Seahawks!

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams know what's coming. We'll see tomorrow which team can impose it's will on the other.

Go Seahawks!

This is quite literally what it comes down to. I don't believe that there will be any wool being pulled over the eyes or any plays being guarded and saved in the playbook. If the kitchen sink can net a first down or TD, I'm guessing kitchen sinks will be used.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is quite literally what it comes down to. I don't believe that there will be any wool being pulled over the eyes or any plays being guarded and saved in the playbook. If the kitchen sink can net a first down or TD, I'm guessing kitchen sinks will be used.

Both teams will give it their all.
I like Seattle's D in this game.