• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs 49ers thread!

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring It Hawks.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly does that mean? Do you want to turn the NFL into the PGA?

Having been out of FF leagues for the last 4 years, I am starting to get more and more irritated with FF fans who troll pages to get advice and pop in for 1 players performance. I am much more interested in the games themselves, and it's just sad to hope there's lightning in hopes that your player will do better after a delay.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some one make a game day thread please,this one has run it's course.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Alexander hoists the 12th Man flag. I like it.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha Ha, they're doing the same mic report as last year.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know I respect Seahawks D but at this point if Kaep doesn't go big I have no chance of winning my matchup. Eli wouldn't have done it for me so I'm not wrong so far.

I'm watching the weather radar and there's another big front moving in that could easily cause a 30-45 min delay. Not kidding.

Told you.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was terrible. At least it was their turn to make a bone-head penalty.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

1) CenturyLink Field. Opposing fans have been trying to minimize, and in some cases deny, that Seattle's stadium provides a home field advantage, but opposing teams will have a very long day if they take a similar approach to come to Seattle. No matter how good the Seahawks team gets, home field advantage will always be the biggest positive for any game there.

2) Russell Wilson. Wilson is a guy who can make all the plays, both with his arm and his legs, but is greatest strengths are is composure and his cerebral approach. He is never rattled, and seems to be able to make plays that others can't, and is always prepared. The list of teams he has beaten in Seattle is impressive as well (Green Bay, New England, San Francisco).

3) LOB. There's been a lot of speculation about how Boldin won't be as open as he was last week, but really this secondary will be the best SF will face all season. Walter Thurmond is a solid corner, but is only starting because Browner's down. Having Thurmond as your weak link actually spells to Seattle's depth at the position.

Negatives:

1) Front 7. SF has a very good front 7, and Seattle's OLine is gonna have to open some holes against the defense. Seattle will need the running game to be able to utilize the strength of their offense.

2) Penalties. Seattle's always compete montra is a great thing when it comes to getting the most out of their players, but at times it also leads to over aggression and in an emotional game like tonight's will be, it can get out of hand. Seattle has had some penalty problems in the past, and this game will need to be clean.

3) Injuries. Who's playing and who's not is only part of the equation. The Seahawks will have a couple key performers coming back this week and how will they look with little playing time in the pre-season and the first week. There is no time for guys like Avril to get into the groove, he's gotta be ready from the first kick off.

Matchups

1) WR v. DBs. Easily the biggest weakness of the SF defense, but the Hawks WRs tend to have an issue getting separation. There could be a lot of big plays down the field if the WRs can win some matchups.

2) Front 7 vs. Kaepernick. I know 9er fans think Kaep is a top passer, but the Seahawks will have to make him throw the ball. They have to limit his running yards, and make him throw the ball, all while putting pressure on him. It could be a tall order, but he's gonna find it more difficult to find WRs this game than last week.

3) Pete Carroll vs. Jim Harbaugh. In the end, this game will be won by the team who is more prepare, executes better and has the game plan that is better against the other. There's no shortage of material to point to the dislike these coaches have for each other, and no shortage of fans defending/attacking each coach for their style.

Overview

There has been a lot of hype about this game, but it really isn't as big a game as the media would like to make it seem. I personally would like a win, but I doubt a loss will be devastating. Seattle will need to have better offensive play calling this week to really make the 9ers defense to keep on it's toes. They need to run when the D thinks it's a pass, pass when they think it's a run and win the battle's on the OLine. It sounds simple, isn't quite as easy and it is the same thing that needs done every game. The defense will need to smash the 9ers O in the mouth like they did last year, create turnovers and give the O as much room to operate as possible.

So how did I do on this one.

Obviously CenturyLink was rockin' and as much as the 9ers tried to deal with it, they just couldn't function properly with the noise.

Russell Wilson came alive at the end, but it wasn't his arm that did it. It was his legs and his mind. He got several key running plays to help with the win. I would prefer a better passing game, but I'll take the win and hope for better next time.

LOB held Boldin with 1 catch, came away with 3 INTs and Kap had only 127 yards passing while completing less than half.

Seahawks not only pushed SF's front seven around a lot of the game, 2 of them went down. 172 rushing yards against SF should be concidered a real accomplishment.

Both teams were hit by the penalty bug, especially late in the game. Both teams will need to clean it up, cause 10 penalties a game is way too much.

Avril got himself a sack, and he had a very good game for his first one back. Bennett also disrupted SF all game.

WRs really didn't win the battles against the secondary, and it showed in Wilson's passing numbers. In the end, they were so ineffective most of the time, the Seahawks nearly abandoned the pass altogether.

Kaepernick ran for 87 yards, but most of it was after the game was out of reach for the 9ers. When the game was still undecided, the Seahawks front 7 kept him in check, and got 3 sacks.

In the end, I think that Carroll just outcoached Harbaugh. The Seahawks came out after the delay and just started dominating the 9ers, and by the 4th quarter, SF just wasn't able to stay in the game.

Good win Hawks! See you next week.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent blstoker,of course.

:suds:

Thanks, one other point. Seattle had 35 total yards in the first quarter, and 255 the rest of the game. If they'd come out the first quarter like the rest, they'd've had 340 total yards of offense, which is really respectable.

The 9ers had 58 totals yard in the 1st quarter, and held to 149 the rest of the way.

It was a massive beat down after the 1st quarter.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah it was,things seemed to take it's toll on the Niners,they are just not near as tough as our guys imo.