• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Cardinals 1 FOX

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You specifically called out the defense. The offense set the stage for a shit show which is what it turned out to be. Don't pin this one on the defense. We handed the Cards 7 points to start it and put zero pressure on the cards defense the entire first half.

This was a team loss. With the bigger picture the offense has obviously been the issue. Why can't people just acknowledge that? I have nothing invested in this. I hope they score 40+ and run the table to the SB champ. But that most likely won't happen. They shit that away today.
You can't and won't answer it, so I guess this is just the last word, but 34 points given up at home. This appears to be acceptable to you. And with 3 scores given up in the 4th quarter alone. Including the game winner. In prior years they wouldn't have given that up. We've watched them hold scores many many times. If this team is supposed to be built around strong defense, a defense first identity, I don't get how anyone can accept that primary unit giving up huge chunks of yards late. That last TD drive of theirs was just horrible. That was the worst defense I've seen this year.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you want to assign blame like that? I'll admit it but my big point is the QB sneak attempt. I'd be surprised if Wilson tried to run one of those since college. I can't recall one since he was a Seahawk. That's just throwing your hands in the air saying "I have no idea what we should do" when it was third and less than a yard.
Because you refuse to admit you don't win many games in the NFL giving up 3 scores to anyone else at your own home in the 4th. That's not Seahawk defense. It just isn't.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you want to assign blame like that? I'll admit it but my big point is the QB sneak attempt. I'd be surprised if Wilson tried to run one of those since college. I can't recall one since he was a Seahawk. That's just throwing your hands in the air saying "I have no idea what we should do" when it was third and less than a yard.
Go back and read ALL of the blame you spew in this thread. The O had a rough game, yet scored enough to win it. The kicking game and the D is who to blame in this loss. Not the O.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back and read ALL of the blame you spew in this thread. The O had a rough game, test scored enough to win it. The kicking game and the D is who to blame in this loss. Not the O.

The O set the tempo early, which was shit.

Here's what really pisses me off. We got the best dual threat QB since Fran Tarkenton and this season, his 5th in the league, is unacceptable. Something is clearly holding him back, and the complete negligence of the offensive line is the obvious culprit.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to even say how it looks from here, but it's not looking good today.

The crowd should demand their money back for this one.
No way. It was crazy good there when we scored with under 2 minutes left. THAT is why I go to the games.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O set the tempo early, which was shit.

Here's what really pisses me off. We got the best dual threat QB since Fran Tarkenton and this season, his 5th in the league, is unacceptable. Something is clearly holding him back, and the complete negligence of the offensive line is the obvious culprit.
I do not dispute your opinion on this but you repeatedly said in this thread that the entire offensive coaching staff should be fired.
The O just scored over 30 in a game. You are assigning blame to the wrong people. You aren't the only one.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the O get no blame for having negative yards the first quarter? Maybe if they show up in the first half and dont spot AZ 14 easy points its a diff game

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the O get no blame for having negative yards the first quarter? Maybe if they show up in the first half and dont spot AZ 14 easy points its a diff game
How many games during their two year run to the SB did the offense sputter and yet they still won?

They have ALWAYS had their ups and downs with offense. The constant during those years was the defense. Give them a lead, any kind of lead, any way, and they lock it down. That's the formula this team has made their bread and butter on.

I don't think anyone said the offense was stellar. Lots of problems on that side of the ball. No running game, Kearse should be selling used cars, Wilson just hasn't been as good as we are used to, and of course the line sucks ass.

Yet they scored 31 which should ALWAYS be enough. 100% of the time 31 should be a win at home. Wilson threw for 350y and 4 TD's.

Defense didn't do what we expect, or maybe even demand they do: Toughen up in the 4th quarter and allow your offense to take/build on leads. That's a fact.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're ALL to blame for this one. Every last player and play-calling coach.

The offense had chances to step up early and show what they can do, but the line had other plans. Thus making the defense work extra-hard to keep the Cards at bay, and when they could no longer do that, they fell flat.

Whatever plays were called on either side of the ball were completely useless, and to top it all off, Hauschka, while every bit as pressured to kick the ball as Wilson was to throw it, is feeling his years already. Soon, he will no longer be of use to us. Time to go shopping once our so-called playoff run is finished.
Be advised that TOP was in our favor for most of the game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Seattle had the ball for 7 more minutes than the cards did. They also ran 21 more plays.

The notion that the defensive struggles were due to the offense is just not accurate.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't we just run every possession like we're down 2 scores in the 4th? That's what NO does with Brees and their defense has never been good. They've won a shit-ton of games. Just let Wilson do his thing. He understands the flow of the game. The offense was complete garbage in the 1st half and he put up 4 TD's on 350+ yards passing on sheer will with the worst offensive line in the league. Just let the guy do his thing. Maybe he should start calling his own plays. Other QB's have done it.
Then ask for a new HC.
Our HC does not desire to play the "He who scores the most wins."
Pete has a better formula.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this offense doesn't get Graham more involved it's gonna be a very sad thing... That's like New England not using Gronk... We need to use other TE's as blockers, put Graham at receivers and let's effin get more throws his way ... Obviously our line has issues so we need help, cool, use other TE's for that.... Get Jimmy running routes, PERIOD...
He runs lots of routes. It is Russell who makes the decision to throw to other pass catchers.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Irvin is definitely missed... Our pass rush hasn't been as nearly as good since he left...
I'm not too sure about that. Last year through 16 regular season games we had 37 sacks. This year through 15 regular season games we have 37 sacks.
I wanted to keep Bruce, but Bruce was a cap casualty.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games during their two year run to the SB did the offense sputter and yet they still won?

They have ALWAYS had their ups and downs with offense. The constant during those years was the defense. Give them a lead, any kind of lead, any way, and they lock it down. That's the formula this team has made their bread and butter on.

I don't think anyone said the offense was stellar. Lots of problems on that side of the ball. No running game, Kearse should be selling used cars, Wilson just hasn't been as good as we are used to, and of course the line sucks ass.

Yet they scored 31 which should ALWAYS be enough. 100% of the time 31 should be a win at home. Wilson threw for 350y and 4 TD's.

Defense didn't do what we expect, or maybe even demand they do: Toughen up in the 4th quarter and allow your offense to take/build on leads. That's a fact.

31 should be enough to win, definitely.

however, you have to look at the offense who turned it over on their own 23 which led to a TD, missed a 4th down conversion which led to a FG. two red zone trips that ended with 0 points, and a third extra one that the defense handed them which only led to three points. they scored 31, but actually left another 18 on the field.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buddy, you aren't a Pete guy. That is your misfortune and for you I am sorry it escapes you. There are many that see things the same as you right inside this very thread.

You can't win it in the 1st quarter.

Reread how many Seahawk fans lose any belief in this theory from the outset of this game. Our players believe it. I can assure you of that...

because they have seen that you can't win the game in the second quarter either.

I agree that there were many issues on the entire offense today. Lots of mistakes. The damn OL was...damned. I always give credit for them for trying, as they did all game. They gave their best as did all of our players.

Our performance after the half was...very good! Collins surprised me and and I wish we could have used him more. The OL started blocking better. Russell pulled the trigger quicker. Execution was much improved.

Late in the game, our O took control and scored a TD. Shame on our usually stellar ( except for maybe this year) kicking game for missing a PAT to take the lead.

Hoping for ( being in attendance in 30 degree weather for hours-I wished we had just won the fucking game in regulation so I could bail out and get comfy and warm) overtime, the Cards marched down for the winning FG.

You win the game in the 4th quarter.

The D gave up one again. It happens. The other team gets paid to win.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31 should be enough to win, definitely.

however, you have to look at the offense who turned it over on their own 23 which led to a TD, missed a 4th down conversion which led to a FG. two red zone trips that ended with 0 points, and a third extra one that the defense handed them which only led to three points. they scored 31, but actually left another 18 on the field.
And I can show you half a dozen worse games they won during those two SB run years.

This is a defensive first team. That is what this franchise is built on. Period. It's well understood. Offense just needs to do enough and let the defense carry the team. It works. Only it didn't work today. The defense failed to live up to it's part.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The defense had lightning in a bottle that year. You're never going to reproduce that. Is that the bar? And as far as today goes, we left the defense on the field way too long in the 1st half and there's obviously problems in the locker room with players bitching out coaches. It was a team loss and if the defense wasn't holding then we would never have even gotten back into it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense had lightning in a bottle that year. You're never going to reproduce that. Is that the bar? And as far as today goes, we left the defense on the field way too long in the 1st half and there's obviously problems in the locker room with players bitching out coaches. It was a team loss and if the defense wasn't holding then we would never have even gotten back into it.
Hawks had the ball 7 more full minutes than the Cards did. That's a fact. They ran 21 more plays. Also a fact. Both teams gave up a turnover.

No unit was perfect on that team today. Yet the offense did what we have asked for it to do many times and at least got them back into the game. The defense failed to hold it. Not once, not twice, but three times they gave up a score in that last quarter. There is zero excuse that's valid for that. None. I'm sorry, but you are absolutely dead wrong in giving them a free pass.

Lightning in a bottle? If that's what you believe then you give them no chance at ever winning again I guess. This is a defensive team. One of the best stretches of defense in the history of the league. And it's what they built this team around. They have not lived up to their end this year. Sorry, but that's reality.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks had the ball 7 more full minutes than the Cards did. That's a fact. They ran 21 more plays. Also a fact. Both teams gave up a turnover.

No unit was perfect on that team today. Yet the offense did what we have asked for it to do many times and at least got them back into the game. The defense failed to hold it. Not once, not twice, but three times they gave up a score in that last quarter. There is zero excuse that's valid for that. None. I'm sorry, but you are absolutely dead wrong in giving them a free pass.

Lightning in a bottle? If that's what you believe then you give them no chance at ever winning again I guess. This is a defensive team. One of the best stretches of defense in the history of the league. And it's what they built this team around. They have not lived up to their end this year. Sorry, but that's reality.

Enough with the hyperbole. Yes, that defense was lightning in a fucking bottle. It's in the argument for top 10 defenses of all time. How is that not lightning in a bottle? Defense gave up big plays because ET is gone but we gifted them 7 points. Offense just rolling over the entire first half set the tone for a close game against an inferior team at home. How many times do you have to see the same thing happen? I don't understand what you're standing for anymore? The offense is the obvious problem with the team. Why can't you just acknowledge that fact?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He runs lots of routes. It is Russell who makes the decision to throw to other pass catchers.

He's blocking a lot though.... We need to set him free and let other TE block if the line needs the help... I'm sure Russ is part of it, but we also need to change what were doing scheme wise and just get him out there all the dam time... We cannot continue throwing 2 times a game to a guy like Graham, it's insanity...