• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Cardinals 1 FOX

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough with the hyperbole. Yes, that defense was lightning in a fucking bottle. It's in the argument for top 10 defenses of all time. How is that not lightning in a bottle? Defense gave up big plays because ET is gone but we gifted them 7 points. Offense just rolling over the entire first half set the tone for a close game against an inferior team at home. How many times do you have to see the same thing happen? I don't understand what you're standing for anymore? The offense is the obvious problem with the team. Why can't you just acknowledge that fact?
Why can't you acknowledge that giving up 3 scores in the 4th quarter at home isn't ever acceptable and will seldom leave you in a winning position? Why can't you acknowledge that giving up 34 points at home seldom will result in a win? Because it doesn't fit your narrow preconceived narrative. That's why.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense blew it in the first half and the defense blew it in the second half, with some special teams blowage mixed in throughout the game for good measure. They all took turns being terrible today and I think if you asked them all, I'm sure they'd all say something along the lines of "Yes, this happened, but if we (offense, defense or special teams, depending on the person talking) had done our job in the (insert timeframe here), we would have won the game". Yes, 31 points at home should be enough to win and the defense would tell you that, but the offense would say that they should have scored more than 31 and it shouldn't have taken until the 4th quarter to get the last 21 of those points. They all played like they were new to the game for large chunks of time in this game. Hopefully they feel sufficiently embarrassed after watching the game tape and get it together for the 49ers next weekend and keep it together for the playoffs. I doubt whomever they get in their first game is gonna let them back in the game if they do this again in January.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injuries are really mounting up and they just don't play like they are hungry anymore.

First impressions: Seahawks get further decimated by injuries, lose grip on No. 2 seed in loss to Cardinals

Staff at the times have their opinions as well and most of it is not good. This is not a SB caliber team. Point blank they aren't. And it isn't one play caller or one unit. They don't have a strength right now. Not in any phase of the game. They have nothing to hang their hats on and ride.

Terrell was directly responsible for that TD drive in the 4th taking shitty angles to the play and allowing massive plays there is no way Thomas would have.

They lost their first round bye and now would have to likely win two road games to make it to the SB on top of whoever is coming in for the wild card game. Just not happening.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread was entertaining as shit.

Thanks for that guys.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too sure about that. Last year through 16 regular season games we had 37 sacks. This year through 15 regular season games we have 37 sacks.
I wanted to keep Bruce, but Bruce was a cap casualty.

I'm looking more at the pressures... Seems like We pressured a lot more than we have this year...A lot of times, pressure is almost as good as a sack...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing end to a great comeback attempt. Don't have time to go through 16 pages of bitching and moaning, but kicking game was a huge liability and way too many defensive lapses. The D was either a stone wall or jello yesterday. As brutal as the line was in the first half, at least they picked it up some in the 2nd. Russell played his ass off to the highest degree possible with nearly no blocking. 31 points should be enough for this team to win every time at home.

Need help to get the 2 now -- Lions can't win out, Saints need to beat Atlanta.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense blew it in the first half and the defense blew it in the second half, with some special teams blowage mixed in throughout the game for good measure. They all took turns being terrible today and I think if you asked them all, I'm sure they'd all say something along the lines of "Yes, this happened, but if we (offense, defense or special teams, depending on the person talking) had done our job in the (insert timeframe here), we would have won the game". Yes, 31 points at home should be enough to win and the defense would tell you that, but the offense would say that they should have scored more than 31 and it shouldn't have taken until the 4th quarter to get the last 21 of those points. They all played like they were new to the game for large chunks of time in this game. Hopefully they feel sufficiently embarrassed after watching the game tape and get it together for the 49ers next weekend and keep it together for the playoffs. I doubt whomever they get in their first game is gonna let them back in the game if they do this again in January.

Yesterdays game was pretty much what our season has been like. Bad O in the first half but great D, then flip it around to great O in the second half and bad D. Lets add in costly penalties and bad special teams. So far I would say the NE game has been our best full 60 mins of football but the rest of the games have all had a lot of inconsistencies. Despite all that, the 2 seed is still up in the air to snag.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite all that, the 2 seed is still up in the air to snag.
Yep, we need help from Detroit (cannot win out) and Saints (must beat Atlanta). If those 2 things happen, we're the #2 if we beat SF.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, we need help from Detroit (cannot win out) and Saints (must beat Atlanta). If those 2 things happen, we're the #2 if we beat SF.

I think Det will lose both and i'll call it now NO upsets ATL. Just have to take care of business in SF.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and the special teams.
Everyone had their part in that loss.

But... You pay the defense more than the offense. That's the main unit this team stands on and has the entire time Carroll has been here. You can't lose a game in the first half (shitty offense), but sure you can late in the 4th and that's exactly what that highly paid defense did.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense has saved our asses so many times over the years, be nice if the offense could bail them out every once in awhile.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone had their part in that loss.

But... You pay the defense more than the offense. That's the main unit this team stands on and has the entire time Carroll has been here. You can't lose a game in the first half (shitty offense), but sure you can late in the 4th and that's exactly what that highly paid defense did.

Yet you blame the SB loss on the defense, despite the O failing to score an easy TD from the 1 with timouts and plenty of downs.

You cant have it both ways.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you blame the SB loss on the defense, despite the O failing to score an easy TD from the 1 with timouts and plenty of downs.

You cant have it both ways.
Since when do I blame the SB loss entirely on the defense? Nice strawman there.

Some of you are just entirely obsessed and singularly focused on one guy being the entire problem with every single loss on this team. The rest of us know this is a TEAM sport and all contribute to both wins and losses. Haven't once suggested the offense and special teams didn't contribute to this loss. They had issues all over and really don't look like a post season team this year. The simple fact is you don't give up 34 points at home and win many, but sure you can score 31 and win most game. They were late game scores, but so what. They have had a lot of come back wins. The defense didn't do what it is designed to do.

This is where you spent most of your money as a franchise. The defense is the heart of this team. And they came up short. Just deal with that and stop trying to fit everything into your narrative even when it's way off base.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense has saved our asses so many times over the years, be nice if the offense could bail them out every once in awhile.
Doesn't Wilson lead the NFL in come from behind victories? I know he did at one point. This year they didn't have as many as usual, but this is a gross mischaracterization of how both have worked together over the years to win games. Both units have been clutch in 4th quarters and both have started off games less than perfect. This year neither has been as efficient late in games and injuries have been a big part of it.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The offense did it's job in the 4th quarter, just that the D failed in the final minute. Also add Haush for missing the extra point.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blaming the defense is an excuse for lack of scoring for 55 minutes. If the offense could put together a complete game once in a while we wouldnt have to rely on a defense that is slowly decaying.

We need a better offense, period. The balance is breaking down and the O just cannot compensate.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was easily one of the most intense regular season games I've ever attended. My buddy and I was chirping with these Cardinals fans behind us the entire time. After we had gone down 13, I made a bold bet with one of them that we'd come back.

When we scored the touchdown to cut it to 6 and the defense made the stop on the following drive. The Clink was ROCKING like a playoff game. I looked back at those Cardinal fans and told em GAME OVER.

And damn it we had them too. But ended up buying them a beer and turns out they were all good sports about it.

As for the game. The offense was frustrating to watch in the first half. More bad o-line play and missed opportunities to score.

But to me the defense lost this game. There's no way this defense (with or without Earl) should give up 34 points.