• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson wants the richest contract in NFL history

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a myth. There are plenty of examples of RBs who produce after 30. There is decline, sure, but die is a little much. Hell, there are guys who's best seasons were after they turned 30.

There isn't gonna be much difference in Graham's blocking than we had with Willson last year, so the TE blocking isn't gonna be the issue people think it is. Unger missing 10 games last year (29 in the last 5) is a much bigger issue than Graham's lack of blocking - I'll miss Unger though, was a great center for us.

The line is a concern, but has been sine 2006. If the line issues were really gonna stop this team then the last 3 years should have been just horrible. As for Kelly Stouffer, he was just horrible, stop blaming that on his line!

Ok,

Red Bryant - Cliff Avril
Chris Clemons - Michael Bennett
Brandon Browner - Byron Maxwell
Byron Maxwell - Cary Williams
LeRoy Hill - Bruce Irvin
Alan Branch - Tony McDaniel
Walter Thurmond - Jeremy Lane

Now if this is a question about just the 2014 season, then Maxwell would be the only major contributor who doesn't appear to be returning (well maybe Kevin Williams, but he was hardly a key part to the defense except being pressed into increased service due to injuries).
solid post.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a rumor flying around about haden in cleveland. this will be a trade.

rumor, yes...but they didnt lose their entire starting defensive backfield for no reason.

Sure why not? I'm sure they would be cool with taking a 21 million dollar cap hit in order to help out the Patriots.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His salary for 2015 is $1.5M. The only part of an extension that would need to fit in this year's cap is the prorated portion of the signing bonus. The extension will add years to the end of the current contract, not replace the final year.

We are not talking about fitting him under the cap for one year. We are talking about signing a franchise QB long term. He will need to be paid his $20 million or more and to fit him in the cap over the next 5 years or so other salaries will have to
As usual, LL is reaching for the limb. A team that ruins your dream is the cause for that.
We are not experts, nor are you. JS is our GM and he is the expert. He is kinda like Ted Thompson with balls. Only better at his job.
$7.2 million in Percy Harvin dead cap space will give some room, as will an expected increase in the cap for `16.
I'd would launch Okung and his oft injured ankles/pecs/ ect. How long can Marshawn and his huge contract last?
We know about reality in the cap era and you are full of BS if you think otherwise. Again, read my opener.
We have lost a gob of FA's over the last 2 years. We were allowed 11 picks in this years draft and will have a bunch next year as our FA's end up singing for huge bux elsewhere. We should get a 3rd for Maxwell who was a 6th when we took him.
Again, we are in position to rep the NFC. Maybe you guys get to this year. Keep on hoping and praying for our demise:hope::hope::hope:

So Schnieder is better?

My personal opinion is it may be a better situation to have a franchise QB under contract for the next 5 years or more paying him a salary he deserves of close to $20 million and then still be $16.5 million under the cap allowing room to sign players as their rookie contracts end in future years.

If you pay Wilson $18.5 million now you are over the cap by roughly $7 mil.

Those numbers tell me that Ted Thompson has built a team for about $22 mil cheaper than the Seahawks with both teams having about equal talent.

This to me means Ted Thompson has done a much better job. The Packers wont have to dump players in the future lowering team talent because they have to sign some big contrct

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a rumor flying around about haden in cleveland. this will be a trade.

rumor, yes...but they didnt lose their entire starting defensive backfield for no reason.

That would be a hard one, as he makes $8 million this year (Pats have what? $5 million in cap space?) and this move would all but wipe out Cleveland's cap space - just to get rid of a player?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOU, NYJ, BUF, CLE, TENN, STL (if cap space were available) would sign him yesterday. Ever think about Philly? And a couple of those above mentioned teams would cut vets to make it happen. That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others.

4 of those teams you mentioned have less cap space then the seahawks 5 including philly and i dont see why TENN would pay russell all that money after they just drafted mariota. If the browns want to sign russell for all that money and him and the browns think they can change things around then god speed.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 of those teams you mentioned have less cap space then the seahawks 5 including philly and i dont see why TENN would pay russell all that money after they just drafted mariota. If the browns want to sign russell for all that money and him and the browns think they can change things around then god speed.

And those are a few teams that would probably cut vets to make space. Again, QB is the most difficult position in football to fill and if you an opportunity to hand the keys to the car over to a guy that will keep it for the next 10 years, it wouldn't surprise me at all if one of the teams would.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those are a few teams that would probably cut vets to make space. Again, QB is the most difficult position in football to fill and if you an opportunity to hand the keys to the car over to a guy that will keep it for the next 10 years, it wouldn't surprise me at all if one of the teams would.
It's not "free" to cut players, homie

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not talking about fitting him under the cap for one year. We are talking about signing a franchise QB long term. He will need to be paid his $20 million or more and to fit him in the cap over the next 5 years or so other salaries will have to

So Schnieder is better?

My personal opinion is it may be a better situation to have a franchise QB under contract for the next 5 years or more paying him a salary he deserves of close to $20 million and then still be $16.5 million under the cap allowing room to sign players as their rookie contracts end in future years.

If you pay Wilson $18.5 million now you are over the cap by roughly $7 mil.

Those numbers tell me that Ted Thompson has built a team for about $22 mil cheaper than the Seahawks with both teams having about equal talent.

This to me means Ted Thompson has done a much better job. The Packers wont have to dump players in the future lowering team talent because they have to sign some big contrct

Yeah, the Packers have equal talent. That's why they split their two games last year.

Oh wait...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like russell a lot and i defend him to the max when i can but if a teams think they can cut their vets to save money to sign him to a crazy deal thinking that he can carry a team with less around him, you can just expect that GM to get fired because that plan will fail. the seahawks win with russ but he does have a great team around him to make that happen.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"pay me like a multiple time champion on a team that relys on QB play"

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Packers have equal talent. That's why they split their two games last year.

Oh wait...

Well the way I see it is that the biggest game in the NFC conference at the end of regulation ended in a tie score so yes that would mean both teams are fairly equal.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is only slightly better than dilfer was. Wilson proved he was not elite when his interception cost them the superbowl.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is only slightly better than dilfer was. Wilson proved he was not elite when his interception cost them the superbowl.

Trent Dilfer's best season - 56% completion% 21 TDs 11 Ints 2555 yards 92.8 PR
Russell Wilson's worst season - 63% completion% 20 TDs 7 Ints 3475 yards 95 PR

Great comparison, brah.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I gather from the above posts by non-Seahawk fans.

"Seattle won't be able to do 'this' because I speculate that…….."
etc.

We have constantly heard this story and EVERY TIME you are wrong.

"Seattle won't be able to sign ALL their Stars", yet they have signed what Most ALL Seahawk fans agree is their core, ALL of Them. Now Wilson and Wagner are eligible to extent (they were not before March 10) and they WILL be signed too.

You will be wrong again.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
graham is a nice red zone threat, for sure...good addition. but no joke, i block better than he does.

you went to a superbowl, and lost a superbowl.

pats are poised for a big move at CB...they cleared people and cap space for a reason.
avatar bet on who makes it further in the playoffs this upcoming season?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports accountability is too rare

This guy blew a SB win, absolutely have it away

You don't get big contracts after that

This guy will not succeed in any system

Buyer Beware