• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson wants the richest contract in NFL history

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports accountability is too rare

This guy blew a SB win, absolutely have it away

You don't get big contracts after that

This guy will not succeed in any system

Buyer Beware
excellent post.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok. an angry patriots team? gimme that all day.
:yes:

How about a one month bet. Winner gets to choose the loser's avi. If one team makes the playoffs and the other doesn't, the team that went to the playoffs win. If one team advances to a round further than the other team (ie, championship round vs. divisional), then that team wins. If neither team makes the playoffs or both teams get knocked out in the same round of the playoffs, then the bet is a wash.

Deal?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yes:

How about a one month bet. Winner gets to choose the loser's avi. If one team makes the playoffs and the other doesn't, the team that went to the playoffs win. If one team advances to a round further than the other team (ie, championship round vs. divisional), then that team wins. If neither team makes the playoffs or both teams get knocked out in the same round of the playoffs, then the bet is a wash.

Deal?
deal, no joke...i honor all bets.

avatar of choice that wont get hammer shut down.

you could even make a meme for me...hows this?
(over a brady pic)

i'm a little teapot, short and stout. here is my suspension, now watch me pout"

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deal, no joke...i honor all bets.

avatar of choice that wont get hammer shut down.

you could even make a meme for me...hows this?
(over a brady pic)

i'm a little teapot, short and stout. here is my suspension, now watch me pout"
seeing as the winner will have potentially until February 2016 to come up with something, I'm sure either way it'll be good

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the way I see it is that the biggest game in the NFC conference at the end of regulation ended in a tie score so yes that would mean both teams are fairly equal.
SF in `13 was a tougher test, and we know how greaaaaaaaat you guys do against them.
LOL

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not talking about fitting him under the cap for one year. We are talking about signing a franchise QB long term. He will need to be paid his $20 million or more and to fit him in the cap over the next 5 years or so other salaries will have to

So Schnieder is better?

My personal opinion is it may be a better situation to have a franchise QB under contract for the next 5 years or more paying him a salary he deserves of close to $20 million and then still be $16.5 million under the cap allowing room to sign players as their rookie contracts end in future years.

If you pay Wilson $18.5 million now you are over the cap by roughly $7 mil.

Those numbers tell me that Ted Thompson has built a team for about $22 mil cheaper than the Seahawks with both teams having about equal talent.

This to me means Ted Thompson has done a much better job. The Packers wont have to dump players in the future lowering team talent because they have to sign some big contrct

You make my argument.
1st point. Why would we extend ourselves over the cap when it is not necessary? RW is under contract for 2015. It is not absurd to admit you dont understand this cap stuff. Just try not to attempt to sound logical on it because it is illuminating your lack of cap knowledge.
2nd point. You have confused winning with having cap space. Schneider has only been a GM for 5 years. I am good with comparing their successes over this period to give you a chance to prove TT's prowess vs JS's ability.
Show us what you got.
3rd point. If your GM does a good enough job he will be in a tough position in deciding who to keep and who must leave only because the player has developed into a high demand commodity. ie, Maxwell who was a 6th round pick signs for 6/$63 with Philly. In your model, you would prefer to sign Max while we let him go freely and turned his departure into a 3rd round pick.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make my argument.
1st point. Why would we extend ourselves over the cap when it is not necessary? RW is under contract for 2015. It is not absurd to admit you dont understand this cap stuff. Just try not to attempt to sound logical on it because it is illuminating your lack of cap knowledge.
2nd point. You have confused winning with having cap space. Schneider has only been a GM for 5 years. I am good with comparing their successes over this period to give you a chance to prove TT's prowess vs JS's ability.
Show us what you got.
3rd point. If your GM does a good enough job he will be in a tough position in deciding who to keep and who must leave only because the player has developed into a high demand commodity. ie, Maxwell who was a 6th round pick signs for 6/$63 with Philly. In your model, you would prefer to sign Max while we let him go freely and turned his departure into a 3rd round pick.

Ah wrong we let Tramon Williams go this year he was an undrafted player years back but not worth $6 million. A second teamer D back Davon House was let go ashe was not worth the $4 million so others over paid to get them. The packers have other young blood developed to take over. We also signed 2 of the best free agents out there this year in Randall Cobb and Brian Bulaga they actually came back at a discount turning down higher offers from other places because they feel there is a better chance to win the ring with a franchise QB that is signed long term.

Last edited:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports accountability is too rare

This guy blew a SB win, absolutely have it away

You don't get big contracts after that

This guy will not succeed in any system

Buyer Beware

That's pretty stupid.

1. They threw a timing pattern over the flippin middle and gave him no chance to actually make a read.
2. He put up a 110 rating anyway throwing to maybe one guy that would make the starting roster on most of the other teams in the league. His #1 target in the game wasn't even in the league a few weeks earlier.
3. When they needed 7 before half he got it in like 30 seconds

And as far as the "system" goes, what it's been is run these stupid flat routes and see what he can do with a scramble drill. His best moments have always been when they've let him loose to move the ball, like the mentioned 30 second drill he ran to end the half.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last couple pages of this are really, really tough on the ol' brain cells.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These threads are kind of silly. So if you think that 20 million is too much then what do you think the price should be? Listening to people talk you'd think they could just replace him for someone that was making his third round salary and get the same results. The Hawks already tried that with Jackson and Clipboard Jesus and look how that worked out? They were basically at the bottom of every passing stat in the league.

QB's are expensive and they're probably going to have to overpay a a few million a year to keep him happy. But don't pretend that the entire number is dead money because it obviously isn't.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the way I see it is that the biggest game in the NFC conference at the end of regulation ended in a tie score so yes that would mean both teams are fairly equal.

Fairly equal is not equal.
Ah wrong we let Tramon Williams go this year he was an undrafted player years back but not worth $6 million. A second teamer D back Davon House was let go ashe was not worth the $4 million so others over paid to get them. The packers have other young blood developed to take over. We also signed 2 of the best free agents out there this year in Randall Cobb and Brian Bulaga they actually came back at a discount turning down higher offers from other places because they feel there is a better chance to win the ring with a franchise QB that is signed long term.

Oh God, get the fuck over yourself. They took less money solely because Rodgers is signed long term?:rolleyes2:. Whatever you say, clown.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairly equal is not equal.

Oh God, get the fuck over yourself. They took less money solely because Rodgers is signed long term?:rolleyes2:. Whatever you say, clown.

Oh do you think Cobb would have stayed if Rodgers was only going to be around a year or two? He could have gotten more money elsewhere if he wouldnt have Rodgers throwing him passes over the length of his contract extension? Yes that is the reason he decided to stay because He would have Rodgers and not take the higher amount he could have gotten in Oakland or some other team with lower level QBs.

Randall Cobb stays with the Packers on a $40 million deal | ProFootballTalk

Other teams, specifically the Raiders, had more money to spend and plenty of other reasons to add a receiver of Cobb’s caliber.

But Cobb elected to stay with the Packers, where he and Jordy Nelson can continue to catch plenty of passes from Aaron Rodgers rather than taking the money and running (as Greg Jennings did).

Randall Cobb knew he wanted to be with Green Bay Packers, remain with Aaron Rodgers | FOX Sports

Cobb knew he wanted to be in Green Bay, remain with Rodgers

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Randall Cobb is happy he got to experience unrestricted free agency. But now that Cobb's new contract is completed with the Green Bay Packers, the 24-year-old wide receiver is not looking forward to the possibility of doing it all again in 2019.

Cobb received offers from five different teams before informing his agent Saturday morning to focus entirely on getting a deal done with the Packers. Even after that point, a sixth team tried to enter the mix.

Though Cobb could have earned more money from other teams, he was happy with the four-year contract Green Bay presented that will pay him $40 million over the course of the deal (with $16.5 million guaranteed).

"I'm very thankful that I was able to see what market value was, to be able to see that business side of it," Cobb said Tuesday in a conference call. "But I would love not to go through that again."

"At the end of the day, my mark was in Green Bay," Cobb said. "That's where I knew I wanted to be. I knew I had a good thing going for me, and still, I signed a pretty lucrative deal. I figured that I can handle that (amount of money), as far as making that for the rest of my life."

Cobb, fellow wide receiver Jordy Nelson and quarterback Aaron Rodgers are all scheduled to be together now through the 2018 season. Along with Cobb's deal expiring at that time, so will Nelson's four-year, $39 million ($11.5 million guaranteed) extension that he signed in July 2014. Rodgers is currently signed for one year beyond Cobb and Nelson.

Take time to read this article and you will see why they both stayed.

Cobb, Bulaga deals reflect change in free agency

They had plenty of other options, and there's every reason to think they much preferred staying with the Packers over going to another team. Playing for a perennially contending franchise with an elite quarterback, great facilities and deep resources is a big draw.

Unless there was an offer from a team with premier quarterback such as New England, Indianapolis or Denver — and there was no indication there was — then staying with the Packers for a deal that pays more than half its value in the first two years could be a smart long-term business decision. Especially for a young player who has every reason to think he'll continue to thrive playing with Rodgers and will get another shot at free agency at age 28.

Rodgers' words on relationships ring true with Cobb, Bulaga - 620 WTMJ - Milwaukee's Source for Local News and Weather

A Bulaga quote:

He also specifically referred to Rodgers, whom he gave the highest praise to on Tuesday.

"I said it multiple times. I think Aaron must be the greatest quarterback in the history of the game. To be able to be with him...hopefully get him more rings....that is a blessing. I look forward to that."

This is proof of the deepest reasons why, quoting the Blues Brothers, the Packers are "getting the band back together."

Just like Aaron Rodgers said, it's relationships.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh do you think Cobb would have stayed if Rodgers was only going to be around a year or two? He could have gotten more money elsewhere if he wouldnt have Rodgers throwing him passes over the length of his contract extension? Yes that is the reason he decided to stay because He would have Rodgers and not take the higher amount he could have gotten in Oakland or some other team with lower level QBs.

Randall Cobb stays with the Packers on a $40 million deal | ProFootballTalk

Other teams, specifically the Raiders, had more money to spend and plenty of other reasons to add a receiver of Cobb’s caliber.

But Cobb elected to stay with the Packers, where he and Jordy Nelson can continue to catch plenty of passes from Aaron Rodgers rather than taking the money and running (as Greg Jennings did).

Randall Cobb knew he wanted to be with Green Bay Packers, remain with Aaron Rodgers | FOX Sports

Cobb knew he wanted to be in Green Bay, remain with Rodgers

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Randall Cobb is happy he got to experience unrestricted free agency. But now that Cobb's new contract is completed with the Green Bay Packers, the 24-year-old wide receiver is not looking forward to the possibility of doing it all again in 2019.

Cobb received offers from five different teams before informing his agent Saturday morning to focus entirely on getting a deal done with the Packers. Even after that point, a sixth team tried to enter the mix.

Though Cobb could have earned more money from other teams, he was happy with the four-year contract Green Bay presented that will pay him $40 million over the course of the deal (with $16.5 million guaranteed).

"I'm very thankful that I was able to see what market value was, to be able to see that business side of it," Cobb said Tuesday in a conference call. "But I would love not to go through that again."

"At the end of the day, my mark was in Green Bay," Cobb said. "That's where I knew I wanted to be. I knew I had a good thing going for me, and still, I signed a pretty lucrative deal. I figured that I can handle that (amount of money), as far as making that for the rest of my life."

Cobb, fellow wide receiver Jordy Nelson and quarterback Aaron Rodgers are all scheduled to be together now through the 2018 season. Along with Cobb's deal expiring at that time, so will Nelson's four-year, $39 million ($11.5 million guaranteed) extension that he signed in July 2014. Rodgers is currently signed for one year beyond Cobb and Nelson.

Take time to read this article and you will see why they both stayed.

Cobb, Bulaga deals reflect change in free agency

They had plenty of other options, and there's every reason to think they much preferred staying with the Packers over going to another team. Playing for a perennially contending franchise with an elite quarterback, great facilities and deep resources is a big draw.

Unless there was an offer from a team with premier quarterback such as New England, Indianapolis or Denver — and there was no indication there was — then staying with the Packers for a deal that pays more than half its value in the first two years could be a smart long-term business decision. Especially for a young player who has every reason to think he'll continue to thrive playing with Rodgers and will get another shot at free agency at age 28.

Rodgers' words on relationships ring true with Cobb, Bulaga - 620 WTMJ - Milwaukee's Source for Local News and Weather

A Bulaga quote:

He also specifically referred to Rodgers, whom he gave the highest praise to on Tuesday.

"I said it multiple times. I think Aaron must be the greatest quarterback in the history of the game. To be able to be with him...hopefully get him more rings....that is a blessing. I look forward to that."

This is proof of the deepest reasons why, quoting the Blues Brothers, the Packers are "getting the band back together."

Just like Aaron Rodgers said, it's relationships.
What ever dude. Doesn't matter, getting everyone back isn't good enough. Someday you'll realize that.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, WRs want to remain with Aaron Rodgers. That's a given. But they would want to even if Rodgers was set to be a FA next year. You know why? Because teams retain franchise QBs. The length of his current deal had nothing to do with it.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ever dude. Doesn't matter, getting everyone back isn't good enough. Someday you'll realize that.

Lambeau is just passive aggressively trolling. Trying to posture like his GM is much better because their QB is under contract :L. As if every teams roster scenario is exactly the same all the time.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, WRs want to remain with Aaron Rodgers. That's a given. But they would want to even if Rodgers was set to be a FA next year. You know why? Because teams retain franchise QBs. The length of his current deal had nothing to do with it.
Predicting the future?