• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson wants the richest contract in NFL history

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ever dude. Doesn't matter, getting everyone back isn't good enough. Someday you'll realize that.
Yes, WRs want to remain with Aaron Rodgers. That's a given. But they would want to even if Rodgers was set to be a FA next year. You know why? Because teams retain franchise QBs. The length of his current deal had nothing to do with it.

I dont think Bulaga is a receiver? players tend to take a discount if they see a good reason to do so because some value winning over money

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Bulaga is a receiver? players tend to take a discount if they see a good reason to do so because some value winning over money

Yeah. There are variables. One of them is winning. Seattle currently has quite a few team friendly contracts.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks' GM congratulates Ryan Tannehill's agent for costing his team money

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
Ryan Tannehill agent Pat Dye says Seattle GM John Schneider to "congratulate" him that he'd cost Seahawks money on Russell Wilson.

3:09 PM - 19 May 2015
Seahawks' GM congratulates Ryan Tannehill's agent for costing his team money - SBNation.com

Ryan Tannehill's new contract is great for the quarterback, good for the Dolphins and horrible for everyone else -- especially teams needing to pay their own passers.

John Schneider of the Seahawks will feel this pain first as his team is trying to sign Russell Wilson to a new long-term deal. Tannehill has a career passer rating of 84.0 and could make $96 million, Wilson has a career rating of 98.6 ... you do the math.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't recall a team losing a franchise QB. Perhaps you do....?
How far back should we go? I really don't want to start down this road. We'll have to agree what defines a franchise QB? Then it will be how far into their career before the trade...
I will just say Manning and Farve for starters.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or if they realize their market value isn't what they thought it would be. Let's not pretend that players haven't chosen to move on from the Packers, some have. The whole point is minus AR the Packer roster wouldn't impress anyone.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ryan Tannehill agent Pat Dye says Seattle GM John Schneider to "congratulate" him that he'd cost Seahawks money on Russell Wilson.

Seahawks' GM congratulates Ryan Tannehill's agent for costing his team money - SBNation.com

Ryan Tannehill's new contract is great for the quarterback, good for the Dolphins and horrible for everyone else -- especially teams needing to pay their own passers.

John Schneider of the Seahawks will feel this pain first as his team is trying to sign Russell Wilson to a new long-term deal. Tannehill has a career passer rating of 84.0 and could make $96 million, Wilson has a career rating of 98.6 ... you do the math.
Not trolling. But why would JS say this? I can't see a good reason for it?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far back should we go? I really don't want to start down this road. We'll have to agree what defines a franchise QB? Then it will be how far into their career before the trade...

Maybe I should have been more specific. Teams don't move on from franchise QBs (Unless they're closing in on 40 and they have another franchise QB waiting in the wings).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning had a serious neck injury and if the Colts didn't have Luck, he would still be there. Farve should of just retired. Why not bring up Joe Montana or Joe Natham? QBs older then the hills sometimes get shuffled off. That isn't the case here in the least.
Why you butting in anyways? We were having fun with this Packer fan.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See, this is the problem with copy and pasting. Is this your uneducated statement, or the authors.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning had a serious neck injury and if the Colts didn't have Luck, he would still be there. Farve should of just retired. Why not bring up Joe Montana or Joe Natham? QBs older then the hills sometimes get shuffled off. That isn't the case here in the least.
Why you butting in anyways? We were having fun with this Packer fan.
Deflecting. Isn't that what all Pat fans do? Or the ones that disagree with you? I get tired of blanket statements is all. Relax RW will sign for the league min I just heard this on KIRO.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pay the guy, he deserves it, has the heart of a winner. So much SportsHoopla and speculation.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deflecting. Isn't that what all Pat fans do? Or the ones that disagree with you? I get tired of blanket statements is all. Relax RW will sign for the league min I just heard this on KIRO.

"a team will retain their young franchise QB" is a blanket statement for a reason. Sorry that ruffles your feathers. Don't know why you spend so much time acting like Seahawks fans owe you an apology or something.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't trying to tell me the Seahawks are going to let RW walk , are you?