• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson wants the richest contract in NFL history

codycmon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's your quarterback, i'd expect nothing less. just like i would take cam. i wasn't trying to knock wilson and i think he deserves to be paid. i just wouldn't give him the richest contract in history, or anything close. i'd pay him about what cam's getting.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's your quarterback, i'd expect nothing less. just like i would take cam. i wasn't trying to knock wilson and i think he deserves to be paid. i just wouldn't give him the richest contract in history, or anything close. i'd pay him about what cam's getting.
It's cool.
IMO RW>CN, so he should get more $ than Cam. Don't get me wrong as I would surmise that most every Seahawk fan hopes RW does not break our bank. I would be a little bummed if he got The MEGA deal but in short time it would get passed up by someone else.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about what you want to pay him, It is about what he will take. They will pay him whatever it takes even if it is above 20 mil. Quality QB's are too hard to come by in this league.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cool.
IMO RW>CN, so he should get more $ than Cam. Don't get me wrong as I would surmise that most every Seahawk fan hopes RW does not break our bank. I would be a little bummed if he got The MEGA deal but in short time it would get passed up by someone else.

Well with Cam getting ready to get the mega-deal that might be another call that Schneider has to make to an agent telling them "thanks for costing me money!" If they are making $20 million then Wilson with his success should definitely make more if not a lot more. This is definitely going to be an interesting situation of how much he makes.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be interesting to know how much Indy, Seattle and Carolina have all been colluding with each other in order to make sure the guy who is asking for the least is the first guy to sign.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be interesting to know how much Indy, Seattle and Carolina have all been colluding with each other in order to make sure the guy who is asking for the least is the first guy to sign.

Wow if they all get the same contract the Colts are going to make out like bandits comparatively.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson, Luck and Flacco will all be north on 20 mil. Or as many of us have been saying especially for Luck and Wilson, it will be extremely long or an outrageous amount of guarentee.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that isn't good for the Seahawks. People can have whatever opinion they want about him but I'd say Wilson is at least as valuable as that guy.

I'm not one who thinks Wilson is one of the top QBs in the league, but he is a mile better than Cam. He has proven he can do everything he needs to for his team to win. Scary to think what he may get based on some recent $'s. The QB contracts for average QBs are even more insane than the ones for the top QBs. What guys like Tannehill, Dalton, Kap, Cam and the such have recently received is insane...Seattle better sign him before it gets even worse

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson, Luck and Flacco will all be north on 20 mil. Or as many of us have been saying especially for Luck and Wilson, it will be extremely long or an outrageous amount of guarentee.

Don't be surprised if Luck is north of $30M

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not one who thinks Wilson is one of the top QBs in the league, but he is a mile better than Cam. He has proven he can do everything he needs to for his team to win. Scary to think what he may get based on some recent $'s. The QB contracts for average QBs are even more insane than the ones for the top QBs. What guys like Tannehill, Dalton, Kap, Cam and the such have recently received is insane...Seattle better sign him before it gets even worse
Totally agree. I've been saying that for months. As each QB gets a new contract the price is going to continue to escalate. Indy, SEA or even Balt would be smart to get their respective deals done next. Then again it will probably only be a million or so different between contracts? So probably not that big of a deal in the big scheme of it all.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson might not be elite yet but for a young QB hes done well. There's no reason he can't be Dan Marino with a set of wheels.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson might not be elite yet but for a young QB hes done well. There's no reason he can't be Dan Marino with a set of wheels.

Other than the fact that Dan Marino with a set of wheels would have been the most incredible QB the World has ever seen

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Put down the crack pipe.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the fact that Dan Marino with a set of wheels would have been the most incredible QB the World has ever seen
Yeah, love Wilson, but not seeing Dan Marino at all. Never the less, with better receiving options and a decent pass blocking OL he could put way better numbers then he has. Unfortunately the Seahawks seemed fixed on having a good or at least above average RB OL, RW is on his own on passing downs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Oline may be even worse this year. Offsetting that I think Graham gives Wilson his first ever superstar type receiving weapon. Don't understand why everyone on this board seems to think Graham isn't that good. He is friggin incredible. Sure his numbers will drop, but he'll put up when needed.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, love Wilson, but not seeing Dan Marino at all. Never the less, with better receiving options and a decent pass blocking OL he could put way better numbers then he has. Unfortunately the Seahawks seemed fixed on having a good or at least above average RB OL, RW is on his own on passing downs.

I tell you what Harold, I read yesterday that RW is not opposed to playing this last year on his original contract, and if he does that and makes it back to the SB again, it's Katie bar the door, my man !!
He would get that richest contract then for sure....IMO
He's done a fantastic job so far, and that would be the icing on the cake....
Beep Beep !!
GEDC2125.jpg

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you what Harold, I read yesterday that RW is not opposed to playing this last year on his original contract, and if he does that and makes it back to the SB again, it's Katie bar the door, my man !!
He would get that richest contract then for sure....IMO
He's done a fantastic job so far, and that would be the icing on the cake....
Beep Beep !!
GEDC2125.jpg
He 's going to get signed this off season. Same confidence you have that Flacco's contract will get reworked. It's just common sense, right?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He 's going to get signed this off season. Same confidence you have that Flacco's contract will get reworked. It's just common sense, right?

I'm sure they want to get him signed now rather than later and take the chance of the astronomical contract or even losing him, but unless they give him what he wants, it could work better for him if he waits to the end....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you will remember me picking Wilson to be a star when I joined this site in 2013.
That said, he has 2 trips to the Superbowl (and a win)
I can believe the Seattle haters for saying he ain't all that. If I was a Seattle fan, I'd just say he is the best thing coming - might not be Rodgers - yet, but might be soon......

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you will remember me picking Wilson to be a star when I joined this site in 2013.
That said, he has 2 trips to the Superbowl (and a win)
I can believe the Seattle haters for saying he ain't all that. If I was a Seattle fan, I'd just say he is the best thing coming - might not be Rodgers - yet, but might be soon......

I vaguely do, even if I didn't, I'd take your word for it. RW is special, but until he's in offense that gives him same chances to put up crazy numbers that Luck does, there no point of saying, that Wilson could do the same. Time will tell.