• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even before this saga started, I was always of the opinion that Romo would be traded after 6/1. That prediction is looking pretty good to me right now.

I don't care what the owners and GMs of the Texans and Broncos are saying right now in regards to a potential trade, those teams have even less leverage than Dallas at the moment. That could change with some compensation. Houston is all in on Romo it seems, no matter what they say, I think they blink first.
I know it sounds unpopular based on what is being reported, but it may even be late August when a team like Hou or Denver or a team that drafts an early QB may realize they need a different QB if they want to compete in 2017.

The other place where I differ with most is the list of teams Romo will go to. He wants to play QB in the NFL badly. Of course he ideally wants to be with a team that has a shot for a championship or at least the playoffs and I think most of us want that for him too, but he really just wants to play IMO and doesn't want the last memory of him to be injured and beat out by a 4th round draft pick and sitting the bench. If the only option is Jacksonville he will play there and not retire. I've never heard or seen anything from him that leads me to believe hanging up his cleats if the right situation comes along is an option. It's part of what made him great competitor:2cents:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of get the feeling he is going to be released this week. Not even any whispers that I can recall
Why is everyone in a hurry to get rid of Romo? His back issues won't allow him to be a starting QB and he'd be great as a backup in Dallas. It all depends on whether Tony wants to take a chance on another injury that could effect his quality of life after retirement or be happy in Dallas.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everyone in a hurry to get rid of Romo? His back issues won't allow him to be a starting QB and he'd be great as a backup in Dallas. It all depends on whether Tony wants to take a chance on another injury that could effect his quality of life after retirement or be happy in Dallas.
I think the original feeling that he may be gone early was based on predicting what the team was going to do based on comments from Jerry and the unknown sources that he was going to be immediately released and not based on what should happen. I think once we got past that initial period cooler heads prevailed and the team realized it was in their best interest to just wait.

Reactions: GNG

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the original feeling that he may be gone early was based on predicting what the team was going to do based on comments from Jerry and the unknown sources that he was going to be immediately released and not based on what should happen. I think once we got past that initial period cooler heads prevailed and the team realized it was in their best interest to just wait.

I think a lot of the early talk was from writers trying to generate page clicks, and was based on nothing real. Seems like it worked, because it generated a large debate.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. There was something to that goodbye video to his fans. He was supposed to be released. The Texans did the Osweiler thing and JJ got excited.

I think too many bridges have been burnt as far as him returning to the Cowboys. They don't need him anywhere around training camp. Essentially if he does participate that means trouble for Dak.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. There was something to that goodbye video to his fans. He was supposed to be released. The Texans did the Osweiler thing and JJ got excited.

I think too many bridges have been burnt as far as him returning to the Cowboys. They don't need him anywhere around training camp. Essentially if he does participate that means trouble for Dak.
How is that trouble for Dak? He is the starting QB for Dallas now and in the future. Romo is done in dallas.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with everything you posted except the trouble part for Dak unless Dak regresses a whole bunch from his play last season. That just doesn't seem likely to me.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you posted except the trouble part for Dak unless Dak regresses a whole bunch from his play last season. That just doesn't seem likely to me.

He doesn't need the questions. He needs to focus on getting better. The noise would be crazy.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and if they did decide to make it an open contest......

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok Guys 3 things
1 Romo will not be back as a Dallas Cowboy. He has lost the Locker Room To Dak. He still has friends but he is not the field General anymore In Dallas .
2 Romo will not be back as a Dallas Cowboy because he wants to start
3 Romo will not be back as a Dallas Cowboy because if he enters the Ford Building in Frisco on 4-17-2017 for ota's and pulls a Hamstring walking to the John the Cowboys are on the hook for the total 24 million in Contract and cap charges

Before 4-17 this will all be over barring a major injury to Dak and Tony is just playing golf he is done as a Cowboy

JMHO

Fare thee well Tony

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok Guys 3 things
1 Romo will not be back as a Dallas Cowboy. He has lost the Locker Room To Dak. He still has friends but he is not the field General anymore In Dallas .
2 Romo will not be back as a Dallas Cowboy because he wants to start
3 Romo will not be back as a Dallas Cowboy because if he enters the Ford Building in Frisco on 4-17-2017 for ota's and pulls a Hamstring walking to the John the Cowboys are on the hook for the total 24 million in Contract and cap charges

Before 4-17 this will all be over barring a major injury to Dak and Tony is just playing golf he is done as a Cowboy

JMHO

Fare thee well Tony
Unless cap space is needed now there's no reason to release him until June 2nd.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just get it over with.
IF the team can get anything for him they need to do so. If they pull off a draft day trade great, if not hold onto him until you MUST cut him. If a QB goes down in preseason his trade value climbs. I'm a fan of Romo but will always be in favor of team decisions first. You can't be a successful team by doing favors to players.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the team can get anything for him they need to do so. If they pull off a draft day trade great, if not hold onto him until you MUST cut him. If a QB goes down in preseason his trade value climbs. I'm a fan of Romo but will always be in favor of team decisions first. You can't be a successful team by doing favors to players.

Then let him compete for the damn job. They won't because they know what will happen.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens when he shows up April 17th to OTAs and he tells Garrett to fuck off and make him look like the weak bitch that he is. Not good for the team IMO. Let the man go.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens when he shows up April 17th to OTAs and he tells Garrett to fuck off and make him look like the weak bitch that he is. Not good for the team IMO. Let the man go.
Weak Bitch? JG was an NFL QB just like Romo dude. Only Bitch move would be taking his problems out on the coach. Romo has Jerry's number. He's being paid well. He can retire at any time if he isn't happy