• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys keeping Tony Romo's number, locker open for now

At some point the Cowboys will honor Tony Romo, but it might have to wait until the quarterback officially decides to retire. Or at least go through his first season with CBS. But they have honored him in an indirect way so far. Nobody is wearing No. 9 on the current roster and unless they had a quarterback with an affinity for the number, it could be a while before they choose to give out the number. Nobody wears No. 12 because of Roger Staubach. Nobody wears No. 8 because of Troy Aikman. Inside The Star, the Cowboys have yet to move a player into Romo’s old locker, either. That could change. Coach Jason Garrett has put team leaders at different corners of the locker room, but Romo’s spot remains vacant.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys keeping Tony Romo's number, locker open for now

At some point the Cowboys will honor Tony Romo, but it might have to wait until the quarterback officially decides to retire. Or at least go through his first season with CBS. But they have honored him in an indirect way so far. Nobody is wearing No. 9 on the current roster and unless they had a quarterback with an affinity for the number, it could be a while before they choose to give out the number. Nobody wears No. 12 because of Roger Staubach. Nobody wears No. 8 because of Troy Aikman. Inside The Star, the Cowboys have yet to move a player into Romo’s old locker, either. That could change. Coach Jason Garrett has put team leaders at different corners of the locker room, but Romo’s spot remains vacant.

Not sure what to think. Part of me thinks he still wants it. I mean if Dak goes down, is he coming out of the booth? I imagine he would get a call.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what I really believe right now.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman, "most teams" think former Cowboys QB Tony Romo "will be back to play again sooner than later."

Freeman spoke to "several front office executives" who said if their starting quarterbacks get hurt, Romo will be the first call they make looking for a replacement. Romo has everything going for him. He doesn't have to practice right now and grind through a training camp, while also knowing he has a check coming from CBS Sports and can come back to the game at any time. Still just 37, Romo, despite multiple back problems, likely has 2-3 good years left.

Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Giants' Mara Exposes Kaepernick Conundrum