• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not have been more excited to get Paxton one of my two fave college qbs ever (other is Watson ... needs right system but he is a really special qb intangibles wise my main concern.. weight) Anyway, I preface with that because Lynch did not even flash on the field and I'm concerned. Trevor showed me in his first year he can make all the throws, can improvise some, doesn't turn the ball over (though some pick six issues).... the perfect game manager (I know that doesn't excite people but fits a team with great d and just needs to figure out the run game he has the arm to force teams to respect pass game)... I think we all see there is something disjointed in his game ... lacks fluidity to his game that makes me think he has a limited ceiling. But to show all that as a 7th rd pick in his 2nd year shows he has a place in this league and if lynch can't beat him out then lynch isn't the answer.

The flip side is what romo could teach lynch as he did help Prescott and was far more supportive than guys like favreor manning

But

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor turned the ball over in the Red zone. If he cuts that down he has a shot to be an NFL starter as a game manager.. He has a nice arm. Don't think you will ever see him beat ya much by himself, but if he has the right pieces around him he has a shot... I see him as a QB who will bounce around a lot on different teams as a stop gap QB.

Agree with Romo helping Paxton grow. Big reason why I have been an avid Romo supporter here. I think it really benefits Lynch oppose to feeding him to the wolves.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Romo is 21-9 in his last 30 starts. Better then any QB in the NFL. Yes, starting has been a problem.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good word per multiple sites (That one is for you RandyMon) ;).... Is that the Broncos plan A Is to sign Tony Romo if released... and then move Siemian to the Jets for a draft pick.. Plan B. Not really a Plan B, stay as is.

Jets Plan A. Trade for Trevor Siemian Plan B. Sign Jay Cutler

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good word per multiple sites (That one is for you RandyMon) ;).... Is that the Broncos plan A Is to sign Tony Romo if released... and then move Siemian to the Jets for a draft pick.. Plan B. Not really a Plan B, stay as is.

Jets Plan A. Trade for Trevor Siemian Plan B. Sign Jay Cutler
Are you sure these are credible sites by people who agree with Randymon because otherwise they don't coubt

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Texans and Broncos are in a little standoff with Jerry. Who caves first? I wouldn't be surprised if Romo is released by the end of the week.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Romo
Trade Siemian as he has value
Sign McCloin
Develop Paxton

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fear is if the Cowboys wait to long to release Romo and the Jets will sign Cutler thus there goes any value we had in trading Siemian.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like everything about Siemian (his character, his moxie, his arm, his mobility), but he is an over the center QB with a slow release - which is a bad combination for your health. I do think his release will quicken with experience, but it is slower than average entering the league.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like everything about Siemian (his character, his moxie, his arm, his mobility), but he is an over the center QB with a slow release - which is a bad combination for your health. I do think his release will quicken with experience, but it is slower than average entering the league.

He did not play much College ball I still say he is a keeper but what do I know ..

No way in hell would I sign Tony Romo . Stay were we are this year .

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian is pretty damn good. I'm a "see what Paxton Lynch can be" guy myself. I would be perfectly fine with bringing in Romo to give Paxton more time to develop. I don't think Siemian will ever take us to the promised land but of course, I could be very, very wrong. Who knows?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth is we don't really know if Siemian is good or not..

I feel he is pretty average.. But we haven't seen him enough to fully judge that.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If and I think it's getting less likely now,but Denver gets Romo,trades Trevor and banks on Lynch to lead Denver to playoff and beyond if Romo goes out early, you guys will be scrambling to find a way to manipulate your previous posts to justify why Lynch failed and Elway made a mistake trading Trevor and you all implied it. This will be fun going forward. I'm confident that Elway is not happy with Lynchs progress to date, doesn't like he's not at facility like Trevor, knows if he signed Romo and he got injured early on that his best chance at SB would be Trevor and not Mr. Project. So...My guess is these scenarios....#1 Denver gets Romo and keeps both T & L. Won't cost nothing to keep both and makes more sense. #2 Denver doesn't get Romo, let's Trev and Lynch battle for starter and with improved line and run game, Trevor wins job easily.#3 Denver gets Romo, trades Trevor to Jets or ???? and then Romo goes down early, Lynch comes in, sucks it up and you guys get to start whining about how Elway should of never traded Trevor. #4 My Fav...Denver gets Romo with much improved line thus run game also, trades Lynch to Dallas for cash and if Romo goes down, they now have the Qb they knew just needed a line in front to succeed, and deep playoff run or more for genius Elway. One thing " I believe " is a given is if Trevor and Romo doesn't work, the Qb situation in Denver is going to be in trouble for a long time because Oz, I mean Lynch ,is going to disappoint and ruin some major egos on this board anyway. :)

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude..... you're the only one posting as if it were some contest to be won. (And the only ego that is routinely butt-hurt).

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude..... you're the only one posting as if it were some contest to be won. (And the only ego that is routinely butt-hurt).

It's almost like he's hoping for it so he can say he was right!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BINGO- Getting old.

I don't see the egos over Paxton, all I see is hopeful people who may have been excited that we drafted him. (I am not one of those people but I hope he turns out incredible here).

I mean if you want to talk about EGO.... I think he may wanna check in the mirror. ;)

I appreciate RandyMon's opinion on the board, but the guy is killing us with his obsession over this matter... Can't say a thing wrong with Siemian without being accused of someone having a big ego for saying it.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, on message boards - if you have a subjective opinion that differs from the convention/mainstream viewpoint - the majority are sure to think you are crazy in some fashion. I will point out - without the interjection of unique opinions - and mildly aggravating back and forth - we would all be trying to think of something for the boring thread instead of talking football. The irony is that sports is notorious for having results that go contrary to the majority and conventional views.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, on message boards - if you have a subjective opinion that differs from the convention/mainstream viewpoint - the majority are sure to think you are crazy in some fashion. I will point out - without the interjection of unique opinions - and mildly aggravating back and forth - we would all be trying to think of something for the boring thread instead of talking football. The irony is that sports is notorious for having results that go contrary to the majority and conventional views.

I love the back and forth. I know I can get pretty spirited on this board but I hope all know that I appreciate differing opinions than my own as there are always 2 sides to things and with football even things that look good can turn into a disaster in a hurry.

Where I do have a bit of an issue is when a so called "fan" is hoping that a Bronco player fails just to be proven right in a disagreement. I would hope as Bronco fans that we cheer for every player even if we do not think they will be successful. Hope for the best but understand not every player works out like we hope. I'm also not a fan of a guy on here continuing to not even pay attention to what is being written and having already made up his mind that certain people here can't have an objective conversation about our QB situation.

I mean heck I've complimented Siemian plenty on here and yet have been told I do nothing but hate on the guy. I've criticized Lynch and been told that I'm so in love with the guy that I might as well be dating him. Can a person on here not like both of them or think that both will fail? I know some on here don't like either of them. That is just part of having the conversation.

Anyway I'm sure this will get turned around somehow suggesting that I am an egotistical idiot that can't see past the amazing pirate that is Lynch.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true. But in such cases, it's also a good practice to present a strong argument in favor of your opinion that also respects the valid points of other opinions you disagree with. One is likely to be taken more seriously. Another good practice is knowing that everyone's opinions are equally valid (if they are reasonable) and have equal worth.