• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the back and forth. I know I can get pretty spirited on this board but I hope all know that I appreciate differing opinions than my own as there are always 2 sides to things and with football even things that look good can turn into a disaster in a hurry.

Where I do have a bit of an issue is when a so called "fan" is hoping that a Bronco player fails just to be proven right in a disagreement. I would hope as Bronco fans that we cheer for every player even if we do not think they will be successful. Hope for the best but understand not every player works out like we hope. I'm also not a fan of a guy on here continuing to not even pay attention to what is being written and having already made up his mind that certain people here can't have an objective conversation about our QB situation.

I mean heck I've complimented Siemian plenty on here and yet have been told I do nothing but hate on the guy. I've criticized Lynch and been told that I'm so in love with the guy that I might as well be dating him. Can a person on here not like both of them or think that both will fail? I know some on here don't like either of them. That is just part of having the conversation.

Anyway I'm sure this will get turned around somehow suggesting that I am an egotistical idiot that can't see past the amazing pirate that is Lynch.
There's a BIG difference between pointing out valid criticisms and simply "hating". It's a nuance lost to a lot of people in today's society. To me referring to another viewpoint as "hating" is just a cheap tactic to try to squelch an opinion that is otherwise completely valid.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what Romo started here - already?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth is we don't really know if Siemian is good or not..

I feel he is pretty average.. But we haven't seen him enough to fully judge that.

This I will agree with ..

I

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in Randy's camp for the most part but I been posting a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time and know when to say when from doing the same thing from time to time .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just a quick note. The reason Siemian is at Dove Valley and not Lynch is because of injury recovery. The only players allowed at Dove Valley are FA's for interviews and players recovering from injury. They are allowed to rehab with Bronco medical staff if they so choose. Lynch right now has been training everyday in Florida with a QB Coach. So not like Lynch is just doing nothing

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in Randy's camp for the most part but I been posting a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time and know when to say when from doing the same thing from time to time .
So you are hoping Lynch fails so you can be proven right? You are hoping the Broncos fail? I mean that is pretty much what Randy said.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F### no . I want them both to kick ass that only helps us

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most part Might be revamped ..lol I been away

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most part Might be revamped ..lol I been away
He has openly hoped for Lynch to fail so that some of us with big egos will get humbled. Well Lynch fails that probably means on the field and if he fails that means we are losing. I don't mind people disagreeing with me as I do think Lynch can be a good QB but he has a ways to go to take away doubts. We can disagree on players but still hope for the best for them and the team. I hope if Siemian is the starter that he proves me wrong that he is more than just a stop gap starter. I hope he is the next Tom Brady! I will openly cheer for that every day of training camp and the season. He is a Bronco so I support him. His success means good things for the Broncos.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he be on his own I want that rocket launcher Starting for us and Siemen to be great also short term for us and him to make it damn near impossible to trade because he wins us a SB .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he be on his own I want that rocket launcher Starting for us and Siemen to be great also short term for us and him to make it damn near impossible to trade because he wins us a SB .
I would love this!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a Draft pick bonanza ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate #56 personality cant stand the ground he walks on but I hope he breaks an NFL sack record this season . Something about him just burns my ass . I think it is the KC tattoos but to be honest it has been since we drafted him .

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos believe it is untenable to continue with two QBs in similar stages of their career and development. Confirmation bias (1st round pick vs 7th round pick) tells you it is very likely Lynch stays and Siemian goes. nothing divides an offense's focus more than having two QBs leading them. Siemian also has decent trade value because he showed pretty well in his 1st year as a starter. Bringing in Romo - allows Lynch to develop with less pressure - gives him an appropriate veteran role model - and with good luck - Romo has a come back player of the year type season.

I don't agree with this strategy - but it is logical and with reasonable luck - could pay off in the short term. There is a downside exposure here too - Siemain - if gone - leaves only Lynch as #2 - if Romo goes down to injury early - it rushes Lynch onto the field before he is ready. Depending on Lynch's personal makeup a negative result could shake his confidence permanently. I don't think from what I've see of Lynch - that he is fragile in his personal makeup - I think Lynch plays instinctively and is motivated by competition. I think you put him out there and let him get better on the field like he did in HS and college - the sooner the better. Therefore - I think spending money on Romo is a waste of resources that could be used to sign more talented linemen, for instance.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos believe it is untenable to continue with two QBs in similar stages of their career and development. Confirmation bias (1st round pick vs 7th round pick) tells you it is very likely Lynch stays and Siemian goes. nothing divides an offense's focus more than having two QBs leading them. Siemian also has decent trade value because he showed pretty well in his 1st year as a starter. Bringing in Romo - allows Lynch to develop with less pressure - gives him an appropriate veteran role model - and with good luck - Romo has a come back player of the year type season.

I don't agree with this strategy - but it is logical and with reasonable luck - could pay off in the short term. There is a downside exposure here too - Siemain - if gone - leaves only Lynch as #2 - if Romo goes down to injury early - it rushes Lynch onto the field before he is ready. Depending on Lynch's personal makeup a negative result could shake his confidence permanently. I don't think from what I've see of Lynch - that he is fragile in his personal makeup - I think Lynch plays instinctively and is motivated by competition. I think you put him out there and let him get better on the field like he did in HS and college - the sooner the better. Therefore - I think spending money on Romo is a waste of resources that could be used to sign more talented linemen, for instance.

At this point , all the good LTs are gone as well as missing out on Campbell so spending money on Romo may be a moot point . I expect some sort of trade because drafting for need is not Elway's MO. Denver needs it first round pick to make an immediate contribution

Besides money , if they keep all three I don't see a downside. If Romo is on the team as well as the other two it will stunt PL growth for sure. I don;t think Lynch will ever outsmart or outwork Trevor Players love Siemian in the locker room. That could be an issue .

I agree having two young QB at roughly the same stage of career may not be good in the long term. Worked for Washington , both played and one played to a franchise level and the other was a bust. Denver can't have an open competition again this year deep into TC, can they?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point , all the good LTs are gone as well as missing out on Campbell so spending money on Romo may be a moot point . I expect some sort of trade because drafting for need is not Elway's MO. Denver needs it first round pick to make an immediate contribution

Besides money , if they keep all three I don't see a downside. If Romo is on the team as well as the other two it will stunt PL growth for sure. I don;t think Lynch will ever outsmart or outwork Trevor Players love Siemian in the locker room. That could be an issue .

I agree having two young QB at roughly the same stage of career may not be good in the long term. Worked for Washington , both played and one played to a franchise level and the other was a bust. Denver can't have an open competition again this year deep into TC, can they?

Great post Chris. Did Whitworth resign with the Bengals? I might have missed that.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #1 priority for Denver should be improving the OL.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - it looks like Whitworth has a rich contract in line with the Rams. He took the money and not the chance at a ring.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are hoping Lynch fails so you can be proven right? You are hoping the Broncos fail? I mean that is pretty much what Randy said.
Funny. Is that your personal opinion or did that come from inside sources. Tell you what Cd why don't show everyone on this board " serious posts " not a obvious smartass post " since middle of last season where I've said Trevor is the answer or that Lynch cannot be the guy or future for Denver. I've steadfastly defended Trevor regarding your criticism of his play because it was unfair due to the terrible O line play that greatly influenced the pass and run game. I thought and still think your criticisms and " expert " evaluations are flawed. I've also been very disagreeable and quite baffled by your position and comments regarding Lynch and your " sources " that he's STILL Elways guy and despite what all I'm seeing and hearing out of Denver camp/players and via all the NFL shows I watch everyday reiterate over and over that Denver and JE are very confident in Trevor, they were very proud of how he performed considering the lack of support he dealt with. Everything I've heard on Lynch and a lot lately is " project " and " not ready for 2017 season. That Denver and JE would not consider trading Trevor regardless if they signed Romo because..Recent quote " That Lynch from what I understand talking to Bronco sources , still has a ways to go and is considered at this point, a project that still needs more time ". So pal, everything myself and others said since prob week 6 ( basically when Denver started losing and looking bad on offense and you started bad mouthing Trevor and Rbs and sticking up for the trash o line ) has so far has held much more perception and conjecture than yours. Go for it :)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - it looks like Whitworth has a rich contract in line with the Rams. He took the money and not the chance at a ring.

You say that but Wade will have that D playing out of their minds .. You never know .