• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that but Wade will have that D playing out of their minds .. You never know .

The D is has not been the problem for the Rams. Lack of offense has been. We will see if the Offense gets moving in 2017.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny. Is that your personal opinion or did that come from inside sources. Tell you what Cd why don't show everyone on this board " serious posts " not a obvious smartass post " since middle of last season where I've said Trevor is the answer or that Lynch cannot be the guy or future for Denver. I've steadfastly defended Trevor regarding your criticism of his play because it was unfair due to the terrible O line play that greatly influenced the pass and run game. I thought and still think your criticisms and " expert " evaluations are flawed. I've also been very disagreeable and quite baffled by your position and comments regarding Lynch and your " sources " that he's STILL Elways guy and despite what all I'm seeing and hearing out of Denver camp/players and via all the NFL shows I watch everyday reiterate over and over that Denver and JE are very confident in Trevor, they were very proud of how he performed considering the lack of support he dealt with. Everything I've heard on Lynch and a lot lately is " project " and " not ready for 2017 season. That Denver and JE would not consider trading Trevor regardless if they signed Romo because..Recent quote " That Lynch from what I understand talking to Bronco sources , still has a ways to go and is considered at this point, a project that still needs more time ". So pal, everything myself and others said since prob week 6 ( basically when Denver started losing and looking bad on offense and you started bad mouthing Trevor and Rbs and sticking up for the trash o line ) has so far has held much more perception and conjecture than yours. Go for it :)

Honestly Randymon I just need to apologize. I shouldn't have called you out like I did. It was childish of me and not why I come on these boards to talk football. So again sorry for that. I think this argument about the QB's has played out at this point. I hope you understand that I really do like Siemian. If he is our starting QB I will be one of his biggest fans every Sunday hoping for him to do well. Heck if he moves on to another team depending which one I'll probably cheer for him there too. He is a likable guy that his teammates highly respect for his toughness and hard work that he puts in every day. So I do wish him success whether here or elsewhere (other than Chiefs, Patriots, Raiders, Chargers). I also wish Lynch success whether that be here or elsewhere. I do know both are working their tail off this offseason to be the starter for the Broncos this upcoming season. That is all I can ask from any Bronco player.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Randymon I just need to apologize. I shouldn't have called you out like I did. It was childish of me and not why I come on these boards to talk football. So again sorry for that. I think this argument about the QB's has played out at this point. I hope you understand that I really do like Siemian. If he is our starting QB I will be one of his biggest fans every Sunday hoping for him to do well. Heck if he moves on to another team depending which one I'll probably cheer for him there too. He is a likable guy that his teammates highly respect for his toughness and hard work that he puts in every day. So I do wish him success whether here or elsewhere (other than Chiefs, Patriots, Raiders, Chargers). I also wish Lynch success whether that be here or elsewhere. I do know both are working their tail off this offseason to be the starter for the Broncos this upcoming season. That is all I can ask from any Bronco player.
All class.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smokescreen?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smokescreen?

They honestly can't talk about Romo at all or admit that they are talking about him. There rules are tricky with all of that and honestly I wonder which media guy asked them about Romo because either they planted the question to make it look like they have no interest or the media guy just asked a very stupid question that could have gotten the Broncos in trouble if they had answered it differently.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League rules AND it's probably a smokescreen. Does anyone believe that the Broncos haven't had one meeting to discuss whether or not they should try to get Romo to Denver?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League rules AND it's probably a smokescreen. Does anyone believe that the Broncos haven't had one meeting to discuss whether or not they should try to get Romo to Denver?

Oh I'm sure they have discussed it quite a bit whether in formal or informal meetings. How can you not? You look at your team and see a championship caliber defense, offensive weapons, and a lack of leadership especially on the offensive side of the ball and hey Romo fits the bill of the type of guy this team needs to compete for a Super Bowl.

Throw in easy to see the Broncos haven't gone crazy with their cap just yet. Seems like they are holding off for some reason...hmmm not hard to connect the dots. So while I understand they have to deny it publicly I'm sure they know they are not fooling anyone at this time.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has the championship pedigree but Houston has a lot to offer. Easier division, closer to home, a better offense but they have Bill O who looks like a dickwad. I would think Romo is leaning toward staying in Texas.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also no state income tax, pregnant wife, etc. There are many reasons that Houston looks like the better fit. However, the Denver Broncos have a much better pedigree as a championship organization and it's been reported that Tony Romo really admires John Elway and has aspirations of emulating his career path after retirement. Romo was on record many months ago saying that Denver would be his top choice. Of course, the Broncos would have to want him. It seems like the Texans might be a little more desperate in the quarterback category and may make the stronger play once he's released by Dallas.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams definitely have a lot to offer. Both have top-5 defenses in the league.
Both have weapons on offense that can score at any time.
I would say while I do think Houston has the better OL I wouldn't say it is a great OL either though. So both have some questions on the OL.

Money wise my guess is both would come in with similar deals.

Franchise wise obviously Broncos have had the most success and especially recent success to show this is a winning culture.

A couple of questions I do have about Houston...Bill O'Brien has not gotten along with any QB he has had other than Brady. How does Tony Romo then fit into that picture? Along that same lines is Romo designed the offense that the Cowboys have run with him over the years. Does O'Brien make him play his system or can he actually give up some of that control to a player? Romo has said he doesn't want to learn a new offense. WE know McCoy has no problem giving up that control or changing things as they go.

Then yes the other big plus for the Broncos is Elway. Romo from what I understand wants to take a similar path to what Elway has done post playing career. Elway has had no problem allowing other guys into meetings to see how things are run. Look at Lynch with the 49ers. He talked a lot about how Elway really let him in on the entire process of a season and helped train him up even though he didn't actually work for the organization.

I have no clue which team he will pick. I can understand either of them being the choice. I just hope he realizes that location really shouldn't be a major concern. Flying from Denver or flying from Houston is not going to be a huge difference and I'm not sure how often he is going to be able to do it during the season anyway. Plus would it really be that hard to find a place in Denver that his family could come and visit at times? I mean we are looking at a 1-2 year rental here so not like he has to give up his place in Texas.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They honestly can't talk about Romo at all or admit that they are talking about him. There rules are tricky with all of that and honestly I wonder which media guy asked them about Romo because either they planted the question to make it look like they have no interest or the media guy just asked a very stupid question that could have gotten the Broncos in trouble if they had answered it differently.

Teams are talking about players under contract all the time. You can't tell me that when we play a team that the organization doesn't know who is going to be a free agent the next off season, or a possible cap causality. I am sure they have discussions about guys that will be free agents in the next year or two a head of time. They would not be doing their due diligence if they didn't take the time they have to truly study players before they are free agents.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my understanding from listening to all the NFL " guys " is that neither team ( Texans ,Broncos ) will concede to a trade when they know Dallas will eventually release him anyway before training camp to avoid the obvious. I think there will be offer from Denver but being as desperate for a Qb as Houston is, I believe they will offer the more financially beneficial contract. Let's not forget Houston is in the same situation as Denver as far as window closing on their top ranked D. Think it will boil down to where Romo feels best fit regardless of who offers more. Also, don't leave Miami out of possibility. Not sure Tannihill has all the support and confidence right now either. Warm, decent line and a D that has not quite lived up to expectations or at least consistency but a lot of talent, could be in play for Romo. Never know. :)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS....I do think Romo ( also talked about by reports ) that Romo would relish going vs Brady and would prob be much more in favor of going against a pretty poor pass rush Houston contends with in division compared to what he would see in AFC West. That right there could sway his decision. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are talking about players under contract all the time. You can't tell me that when we play a team that the organization doesn't know who is going to be a free agent the next off season, or a possible cap causality. I am sure they have discussions about guys that will be free agents in the next year or two a head of time. They would not be doing their due diligence if they didn't take the time they have to truly study players before they are free agents.
Sorry if this didn't come across well. Teams cannot openly say they are going after players or talking about players under contract. Of course they are talking about players under contract. I mean they call to ask about trades

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams definitely have a lot to offer. Both have top-5 defenses in the league.
Both have weapons on offense that can score at any time.
I would say while I do think Houston has the better OL I wouldn't say it is a great OL either though. So both have some questions on the OL.

Money wise my guess is both would come in with similar deals.

Franchise wise obviously Broncos have had the most success and especially recent success to show this is a winning culture.

A couple of questions I do have about Houston...Bill O'Brien has not gotten along with any QB he has had other than Brady. How does Tony Romo then fit into that picture? Along that same lines is Romo designed the offense that the Cowboys have run with him over the years. Does O'Brien make him play his system or can he actually give up some of that control to a player? Romo has said he doesn't want to learn a new offense. WE know McCoy has no problem giving up that control or changing things as they go.

Then yes the other big plus for the Broncos is Elway. Romo from what I understand wants to take a similar path to what Elway has done post playing career. Elway has had no problem allowing other guys into meetings to see how things are run. Look at Lynch with the 49ers. He talked a lot about how Elway really let him in on the entire process of a season and helped train him up even though he didn't actually work for the organization.

I have no clue which team he will pick. I can understand either of them being the choice. I just hope he realizes that location really shouldn't be a major concern. Flying from Denver or flying from Houston is not going to be a huge difference and I'm not sure how often he is going to be able to do it during the season anyway. Plus would it really be that hard to find a place in Denver that his family could come and visit at times? I mean we are looking at a 1-2 year rental here so not like he has to give up his place in Texas.

You say that but Manning stayed I believe and Dawkins I also think Lynch lived in Denver .

I would rate Denver Pretty high as a NFL town I would be fine with raising a family .

I really thought Rivers would told the chargers he wanted Traded to the Broncos. If I was him I would of told them I was retiring if I was not traded to Denver .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His boys are at the age bad people try luring them .