• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry and Romo have a gentlemen's agreement on his release. Can't go to Houston or NFC East teams (and select other NFC teams).

He's gonna be a bronco ppl

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While there may be a few more teams interested in Romo outside of HOU and DEN...imo those are his best options if he wants to play in the postseason on his way out...for a hot minute I thought NYJ were in the mix, but they seem to be in recoil mode dumping vet players.

I have no clue what the non-Romo plan might be, but he immediately makes them a favorite in the DIV imo which will still be a tough one this season. Obviously they would need to figure out the OL situation with a guy like Romo behind center even more so.

I think the non-Romo plan is just more of going to the 2nd tier of players compared to the 1st tier. So drop off in play but easier price to manage.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet Romo is talking to Riley Dixon right now about that #9. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flashback- Remember when Romo went undrafted, Denver offered him more money to sign undrafted but Dallas was the better situation for him back then so he went that route.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#3 was actually on roto world yesterday as speculation. Not sure if that is where Carl got it or not but in fairness to him it was published.

At the end of the day, yes. If Romo comes to Denver it will fall on a decision by Elway. But Joseph has his opinion and Elway I am sure will listen to his head coach and go from there.
#3....Romo is "More of a Joseph want than Elway ". One article compared to common sense/ logical thinking. Everyone and their brother knows Elway is major decision maker or heavily involved in which Qbs they bring in. Joseph more than Elway ? Why didn't Cd just post " some idiot from roto rooter wrote new HC former DC Joseph
is pushing more for Romo than Elway ! ". Then I would of said " yeah Cd, that's funny shit " . I wouldn't of even given that notion the time it took to type it. Yours truly,
Mr. Jerk

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
romo didn't really have a great dallas line until 3 years ago, and yes he got injured in two of those years but feel like you gotta take that chance imo if you want to utilize that defense we have.

It moved to LA ....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#3....Romo is "More of a Joseph want than Elway ". One article compared to common sense/ logical thinking. Everyone and their brother knows Elway is major decision maker or heavily involved in which Qbs they bring in. Joseph more than Elway ? Why didn't Cd just post " some idiot from roto rooter wrote new HC former DC Joseph
is pushing more for Romo than Elway ! ". Then I would of said " yeah Cd, that's funny shit " . I wouldn't of even given that notion the time it took to type it. Yours truly,
Mr. Jerk

Do I need to post other places than Rotoworld where this is brought up for you? I mean pretty easy to google this very subject and see this isn't just one place saying this. Plenty have heard that Romo is very much wanted by Joseph as he doesn't have confidence in the other 2 giving them enough of a boost this year.

And let's just think about this logically as you suggested. You are a new coach. You get the chance to sit down and watch Lynch and Siemian's tape from this past year. Do either of them get you excited about them at this time? No neither of them were all that impressive this past season. So as a first time HC working for a GM that just fired the entire Offensive staff pretty much because the offense stunk and fired the coach before that because he didn't win a Super Bowl and winning the division wasn't enough are you wanting to hitch your ride to either of these guys? Not when a guy like Romo could become available.

Throw in Joseph was hired in big part because of his ability to bring a locker room together after last year where the offense and defense didn't like each other by the end of the season. Well that job becomes a lot easier when you have a guy like Romo walking around. He isn't quite to Manning level but he is one that walks in the building and gets instant respect. Guys like DT and Sanders have a veteran they can look up to. They now have a guy that has a right to demand more from the OL. Romo makes the coaches job much easier.

And finally I have a young QB that needs some major work on learning how to operate like a pro. Well doesn't it make sense to give him a guy like Romo to help train him up in that category? So why is this so difficult for you to think that Joseph could have gone to Elway and said "I want Romo." Every coach so far has gone to Elway and asked things of him. Yes Elway has final sign off on every major decision but that doesn't mean Elway is always the brain child behind every major decision. This isn't rocket science.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me thinks VJ and Elway both want Romo at this point. No surprise there. Probably looking at Siemian moving on and hopefully, Paxton into full "get your ass ready" mode. Wonder if they'll ink Romo to multiple years. 1? 2? 3?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me thinks VJ and Elway both want Romo at this point. No surprise there. Probably looking at Siemian moving on and hopefully, Paxton into full "get your ass ready" mode. Wonder if they'll ink Romo to multiple years. 1? 2? 3?

Romo turns 37 in April, I think a 2 year deal is likely and if it's 3 I don't see him playing all 3 years.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will probably be a contract setup where it becomes easier to cut him after 2 years.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious... Not saying you're wrong, but why is Romo a dumb idea right now?

We are in rebuild . Romo is not the answer he is done you sneeze on him and he is done for the season .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would disagree- We are not on rebuild mode. Elway has done a good job at rebuilding while having a win now team as well. That's something key I think a lot of people miss out on. We are rebuilding with Lynch sitting behind him learning, getting better. We are winning now by Romo giving us a better chance to win right now.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in rebuild . Romo is not the answer he is done you sneeze on him and he is done for the season .

If that's the case trade Sanders, Paradis, Ward, Talib, Wolfe if you can for what you can. #EffIt

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well gut the team. ;)

We are rebuilding as we continue to compete. That's what I like about being a Bronco fan.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo has been spotted in Denver at UC Hospital checking out the facility and their level of care.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I am sure he has his ink pen in his front pocket, and some bubble wrap.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that is what Denver should do. I'm not talking gut rebuild but, decent rebuild.

1. Slowly bolster OL over next few years. OL talent pool stinks.
2. Stockpile more picks in next few drafts
3. Play Lynch/Trevor see if you see growth or draft another guy.
4. Keep cap money
5. Let Talib Ward types walk in 18/19

Reality is JE is win now mode but, I agree with some we need more long term solutions at some point. Every year you mask your weaknesses with short term solutions the longer the needs list grows.

Does it make sense to try Romo sure but, it will be everytime he gets hit you hold your breath. Romo Houston is better for your family.

Last edited: